Bad Habits?

Kik

I'm worried that Im forming a bad habit.
I love to sit down at 9.30(ish) every night when the kids are in bed and enjoy a cup of tea & my final pack which is a bar. I really enjoy it & almost look forward to it. Is this creating a bad pattern for my future? Will I be looking to have something this time of night when I have completed foundation? What do you think????

hi
i wonder the same thing at times - i have my porridge about the same time too.

i think the main part of it is just relief at finally getting some peace and quiet - but am I associating this with food and like you say setting myself up for problems when eating again...

on the other hand i do want to be able to enjoy food eventually and not worry about everything i eat.

maybe i will have to plan in a healthy snack - or treat for that matter - at this time of night as long as it is planned?

hmm, you have got me thinking!

daisy x

I'm excatly the same!
Sitting here munching my bar as I type!!!
I always save my bar for the evening as that was always the time I used to pick, once the kids were in bed.... hmmm yes think it may have to be healthy snack time in the future.....
xxx

I think you've got it wrong

The idea of doing LL and losing the weight is not to train yourself for a life of permanent punishment and denial. It's to train yourself to have a healthy ongoing relationship with food. We all have patterns of behaviour in our lives. Our objective is to swap our bad habits for better ones.If you know you need a treat in the evenings then you'll be able to introduce that into your regular eating pattern. As I am doing this very minute!
Chill man!And enjoy it.

thanks o wise one!!!

i knew you would have the answer - thats what's so great about this forum - there's always someone who is ahead of me in the game and can point the right way. group meetings are ok, but we're all at the same place.

i can understand why people who don't come on forums find it harder than those who do

daisy x

Thanks - I will continue to enjoy my night time snack! Will look for a health option for the future:D

Night times are always hard, but it's just knowing that your limits are. :) Don't worry about "forming habits" ... living life isn't about deprivation and denying yourself. Living life is about making the your choices count!
I'm currently having my dessert as we speak also, it's just knowing to reach for the fruit salad rather than the tub of ice cream at these times!

Live and love life, not build a prison within it.

Would it be so bad if you had something every evening in the future?

Just make it a healthy habit and its no bother. :)

Its all about choices, and healthy choices. I have a small pot of yogurt in the evenings - usually. Sometimes skip it. But its not a problem.

Of course you would nto want to eat a full meal or anything heavy that time of nights, but a snack is never a problem. :)

Mines a carrot. :eek:

Hi,
I think it is habit forming, probably because I looked forward to it so much. (The last pack or bar, that is)
Don't get me wrong I have nothing but praise for LL, couldn't have achieved what I have any other way, but before LL I didn't have a sweet tooth, most of the packs and the bars are sweet, so I sometimes don't feel I've finished a meal without a touch of something sweet (Jelly or whatever), but pre- LL it wouldn't have crossed my mind, nor would eating anything after 8ish in the evening, now come 9.30 p.m. I'm wanting soup.
With me I always had a soup as the last pack. Previously I wouldn't have had 4 meals only 3 - haven't managed to break out of this cycle yet, still wanting something at 9.30. WW mushroom soup, yum

Back