Bad week :(

slimmabum

Had a really bad week. Started off Monday all day in hospital having all sorts of tests. Body covered in bruises from having needles stuck in. Then virtually was accused by one of the bosses of OD ing on thyroxine (as if and as though they wouldn't check). Feel down, miserable, cold, have a sore throat and am a bit worried. Also feel extra fat!

Oh no slimabum wot an awful time..why was u in hospital hope ur ok now xx don't feel extra fat ur doing something about it and u will get there on this diet there's only one outcome and that's thin..big hug :)

hope your feeling better soon! Just think of how slim you will be at the end of it, thats what i keep doing
xxx

Had a problem with my heart going too fast. They're doing all sorts of tests. It's ok now but had to have beta blockers and an injection in my stomach :( . Just feeling a bit sorry for myself - will be ok in the morning. Still swam 1/2 mile wed and thurs - thankfully my pulse came down each time.

slimmabum said:
Had a problem with my heart going too fast. They're doing all sorts of tests. It's ok now but had to have beta blockers and an injection in my stomach :( . Just feeling a bit sorry for myself - will be ok in the morning. Still swam 1/2 mile wed and thurs - thankfully my pulse came down each time.

Wow stef that's quite serious :( did u tell them that ur on lipotrim and if it's ok to stay on it? I don't blame u for feeling sorry for urself I hope ur family's looking after u and letting u rest :)..can't believe u went swimming lol I can't do any I find I go dizzy really quick and start shaking u shud be really proud of ur self..:)

Didn't mention LT but they knew I take thyroxine and blood pressure tablets. It just came on during the night. They are investigating all sorts of things. I've done LT before and had no probs so shouldn't think its that. Hopefully it was a one off but if it happens again ill go straight back to a&e. Felt 'vandalised' after being wired up and stabbed with needles all day long.

I know that low calorie diets can cause heart palpitations with some people...its probably got nothing to do with lipotrim and I hope it's nothing serious :)..how fast was ur pulse my pulse is generally quite high most of the time don't know why it's 122 wen I get it checked but they did an ECG and was nothing thank god I understand being proded with needles all day isn't nice I hate hospitals lol

Blimey Elle - mines usually around 60 but when I went in it was around 150 which is obviously really fast for me and it stayed there for 4 hours. I still look like some sort of failed junkie with my bruised arms lol. I'm sure ill be fine and good job I exercise so my heart could copes with it. Thank you for your kind words xx

Blimey Elle - mines usually around 60 but when I went in it was around 150 which is obviously really fast for me and it stayed there for 4 hours. I still look like some sort of failed junkie with my bruised arms lol. I'm sure ill be fine and good job I exercise so my heart could copes with it. Thank you for your kind words Elle xx

hiya slimmabum,

just a note to say, when i first started thyroxine 7 years ago, i was exactly the same as you. for a long time! til the docs got the dose of my thyroxine sorted out. i know how u feel with the heart palipatations (spelling sorry) i used to be the same. sorry you feel invaded, its an awful thing having underactive thyroid.... i didnt know i had it, i was 19 when i found out i had it, just after my first daughter was stillborn (2 weeks over her due date) :-( (thyroid was the cause of her dying, my body shut down cos i didnt know my thyroid had packed in)

FINGERS CROSSED you get better soon and your thyroxine levels are sorted soonies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen - how absolutely awful - I just can't imagine what that was like, and my heart (dodgy though it is) goes out to you. I don't think I would ever get over anything like that. My heart problem wasn't to do with my thyroxine level - it was just one of the Partners at work making assumptions!!! Knowing I was on thyroxine, that was one of the first things they checked. Unfortunately though, although people think that thyroxine helps you lose weight, for more than a few it actually makes people put on even more weight - I'm one of them, and it's why I always do so much exercise yet struggle to put on weight. I bet there are loads of other people on here on thyroxine too who have never overeaten yet really struggle. One of the things they flagged up was that my cholesterol had jumped to 6.1, and the nurse said I should cut down on pies, pastries, sausages and other such food. I've NEVER eaten that sort of thing. 3 months on thyroxine and its 3.2!!! High cholesterol is another symptom of thyroid problems and yet we get blamed (wrongly) having a bad diet. Oh sorry, seem to have ranted a bit there .......

Back