Baffled by the pharmacist

bett

I am realy confused. It seems the pharmacists ive been too have no idea about ths diet. The first one went to told me I can do the diet with him, but he refused to order flap jacks or soups cos so many people send them back and then went on to tell me the diet was 2000 calories a day, i asked him if he ment kilojules and he said definatley calories,I asked him to check as I would definatlely gain weight on that amount and right on the bag in front of him it said 425 ckal a day but he checked his litrature in the back room and still insisted it is 2000 ckal a day and that the cambridge diet I was on was very bad for me as it had too few calories, so I made an excuse and left and went to another pharmacy a bit further away. I asked this pharmacist how many calories a day is the diet and she said 800:eek:. By this time I just wanted to by the diet and start so i went a head and ordered it. She went on to tell me no peppermint tea allowed just black tea and cofee.The video on the website said peppermint tea is ok. When asked her why no peppermint tea she said it has citric acid in it:confused:. I saw no point in debating about wether peppermnt tea has citric acid or not with someone who thinks the diet has 800 cal a day.
Are these pharmacists evan trained to sell this diet? I would of thought they would earn some kind of comission from selling products so wold want to know as much about the diet as possible.

Wow i didnt think they could do it if they didnt understand it,we have to wath a dvd so ud think they should,id complain,u need good. supportive chemists,xx

thats awkward hun,sounds like these are chemists ordering it off ebay lol! try locate another one and talk to them,you poor thing,you need proper advice not jibberish :( hope you get sorted! x

The chemist I went too just asked if I knew anything about Lipotrim. I said I have seen the video online, and looked up information about Lipotrim. She said oh ok no need to go into details then!! She took me to get weighed, asked for my money and gave my shakes....was only in the chemist less than 5mins.
Just glad I did know about Lipotrim as dont think I would have got much out of her, she didnt seem to be bothered at all.
I will just go each week get weighed and pay.You get more help & advise from here so very happy that I found this site:)

The lady I see at my chemist is brill she knows all about the diet and has even done it herself and has maintained the weight loss for over 12 months. She gets more exited about my weightloss than I do

oh god,thats not very motivating,lucky you found us lot on here hun,try question her/them when you go back for weigh in hun! did you fill out a medical questionaire? x

The lady I see at my chemist is brill she knows all about the diet and has even done it herself and has maintained the weight loss for over 12 months. She gets more exited about my weightloss than I do
mine is the same at ossett coop, she's done the diet herself, gives me loads of tips and pointers and shares the experiances of her other clients (without naming them)
She told me today that on average people recon to lose around 2-3 pounds a week after the first week on average, she is very impressed with my results so far and so am I:cool:

oh god,thats not very motivating,lucky you found us lot on here hun,try question her/them when you go back for weigh in hun! did you fill out a medical questionaire? x

I didnt even fill out the medical form as they didnt have any left. She just asked if I was taken any medication, and that was it!

I have got my 1st weigh in tomorrow, so am very excited. Cant believe I have managed to survive the first week :D

Although having a good chemist is important it's more important to stick to the diet and come on here with queries and get support which is

the pharmacist sounds like they have no idea good job this site is here good luck for your weigh in xx

Whoops! .... not exactly inspiring.

I'm new to all this but I hear that the Lipotrim helpline is amazing - if you need to be really sure about something give them a ring:

0800 413735

[No disrespect to this support group] If it's absolute confidence you want and you are still worried about anything, it may just be worth a call.

I work in a pharmacy and they are trained and msut watch a dvd of there own to get the equipment required. Although I noted the one of the girls and the pharmacist in my shop have never watched the customer dvd. They are however very up on what the diet is about. This is extremely bad custom and if I were you I would report it to lipotrim officials.

i agree with sakora hun,you should be well informed of everything! good luk with your first weigh in hun,cant wait to hear your results ;)) x

Thanks everyone for your support & comments.

I went to the chemist today to get weighed, and to start with they could not even find my file, so wrote it down on a bit of scrap paper!!

My husband was ready to sign up today, and I even phoned in the week to ask if they would have supplies in, but as expected when we got there they didn’t. OMG my hubby was so mad he ended up having a right go at them, telling them how unprofessional they were lol

Anyway I am pleased to say I am now 8lbs lighter :) YIPPEEEEEE

me tooo sakora! its cool isnt it! :) and i got a call on my 3rd day to see how i was getting on! well done Zeldas,seriously though is there no other chemist you can go to? id say your hubby was very disappointed! sorry to hear this,but well done again girl,keep up the fab work!

Just wanted to congratulate you on you 1st weeks sucess. Sorry you don't seem to receive the support from the pharmacist that should be available to you.

Good luck to you and hubbie for this next week.

Thanks again everyone.

The nearest chemist to me is another 42miles away, so will just stick with the one I am going too, and to be honest I much prefer the support from here :) xx

Hi, I was on lipotrim before and going to start again but I found the pharmacist very condescending. Though she knew everything about it, she was obviously a skinny minny all her life because she wasnt the least bit empathetic and dictated to me that if I made one slip up, she wouldnt give it to me again. I have to go back to this place and though I have made many slip ups with weight loss, I dont think I should be made to feel like a big fat failure. I already feel this way about myself besides some skinny cow who prob never had a weight problem in her life make me feel worse about myself. Sorry for rambling but Im trying to make myself strong enough to face her. Jesus, Give me Strength!!!!

Back