• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bah! A little moan...

I have a rare midweek night free tonight and got all excited, because I thought I could pop to my local pool and have a swim! I haven't been for months and I do love swimming.

But then I realised I've got this stupid cold sore and I can't go swimming. Booooo!

Rant over. Thank you!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Oh No....maybe have a nice long soak in the bath instead, not as energetic as swimming but you can have a nice relaxing and pampering evening, enjoy it. X

jaylou

Gold Member
Boo hoo. Stupid question but one from a non coldsore sufferer, why can't you go swimming with it? (hangs head in shame at stupidity.....)

Alyce

Have you tried those cold soar patches by blistex ( i think) i use those when i go swimming as i suffer too, to remove them you have to gently pull them so it wont come off in the pool all that easily :D xx

Cos...(this is grim)...they are highly contagious. Also it heals better if it stays dry, because after a couple of days it gets a kinda scab on it.

I wish I didn't get them. Damn Ashley whatsisname 17yr old tipsy snog telling me that it was a bust lip scab!!!!! Grrrr!

I am quite lucky I suppose that it only errupts once every couple of years. But when it does, I feel proper miserable :(

Haven't tried them Alyce! But I don't get them very often. I will probably just leave it. Might have a jog instead, if it stops flipping raining!

Alyce

They are awfull, even if they are small - it feels massive!!
Have fun jogging - hope it does stop raining - typical British weather !!! :( xx

Alyce

Thanks, I didn't realise they could be used in water. Might try to get some on the way home :)

I get coldsores - wait for this - on the bridge of my nose!! They're gross!!

Its only ever happened twice but usually I get 4 or 5 small blisters that then scab over ..... oh the attractiveness of it all!!

A friend of mine who also gets cold sores swears by those compede patch thingies!

J x