Green Day Baked Cannelloni

cubbish

Has anyone else tried the SW Baked Cannelloni recipe in their 'World of Flavours' book? As a committed meateater I was very, very pleasantly surprised, its absolutely delicious, and only half a syn! I can post the recipe if anyone would like to try it, and if I'm allowed :)

I haven't but I've heard others who have and who have said similar. It's on my 'to try' list. Do you think it would work as a lasagne instead. I'm lazy and can't be bothered stuffing tubes !!!!

Gail x

Hmm, might be a bit watery for a lasagne! But here's the recipe if you want to try it out, let me know how it works out!
====

Ingredients (filling):
225g spinach
225g far-free natural yoghurt
Cheese
Nutmeg
1 egg yolk
Salt 'n' pepper

Ingredients (for the Cannelloni):
8 dried Cannelloni tubes
450ml passata
1/2 tsp sugar
1 crushed garlic clove
Handful of basil leaves
2 tbsp parmesan (optional)
====

1. Preheat oven to 200deg/Gas Mark 6
2. Cook spinach over a low heat with lid on and 2 tablespoons water for 5 mins, until wilted. Drain well (and squeeze out as much water as possible!)
3. Chop spinach finely and mix with the cottage cheese, Nutmeg, yolk and seasoning. Spoon into the Cannelloni tubes and arrange in an ovenproof dish.
4. To make the sauce, mix together the passata, sugar and garlic, season, and pour over the Cannelloni. Sprinkle with the basil leaves and parmesan, and bake for 25 minutes.
====

Enjoy!

They had this in this months mag minus the sugar and was free. I have made it twice now and it's sooooo yummy .

I tried the recipe in the SW mag, great....

Pete’s Spinach & Mushroom Cannelloni

Based on SW July Mag Page 75
Updated 5 July 2011

Serves Two

100g Light Philadelphia Soft Cheese with Garlic & herbs (3 syn per person)
OR
100g Extra Light Philadelphia Soft Cheese (2.25 syn per person)
OR
100g Fat free Natural Cottage Cheese (0 syn on Ee & green)

100g chopped spinach, defrosted
1 Egg
1 Garlic
50g Button Mushrooms
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper
56g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, grated (He)
Handful of Basil leaves
A pinch of nutmeg
6 dried Cannelloni tubes
1 Bottle of Passata

Method
Preheat the oven to 200c

Squeeze out excess water from spinach and place in a bowl.

Add all the ingredients except the Cheddar Cheese, season and mix, then place it in a mini chopper and reduce to a thick puree.

Fill the 6 cannelloni tubes; it is very easy when the ingredients are purified!

Place in an oven proof dish and cover with Passata. Use the remaining cheese as a topping.

Cook for 20mins covered by tinfoil, then remove and cook for another 10 mins.

Eat with either a green salad or homemade Coleslaw.

Attachments

• Spinach & Cannelloni-1.JPG
    Spinach & Cannelloni-1.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 578
bilsat said:
I tried the recipe in the SW mag, great....

Pete’s Spinach & Mushroom Cannelloni

Based on SW July Mag Page 75
Updated 5 July 2011

Serves Two

100g Light Philadelphia Soft Cheese with Garlic & herbs (3 syn per person)
OR
100g Extra Light Philadelphia Soft Cheese (2.25 syn per person)
OR
100g Fat free Natural Cottage Cheese (0 syn on Ee & green)

100g chopped spinach, defrosted
1 Egg
1 Garlic
50g Button Mushrooms
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper
56g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, grated (He)
Handful of Basil leaves
A pinch of nutmeg
6 dried Cannelloni tubes
1 Bottle of Passata

Method
Preheat the oven to 200c

Squeeze out excess water from spinach and place in a bowl.

Add all the ingredients except the Cheddar Cheese, season and mix, then place it in a mini chopper and reduce to a thick puree.

Fill the 6 cannelloni tubes; it is very easy when the ingredients are purified!

Place in an oven proof dish and cover with Passata. Use the remaining cheese as a topping.

Cook for 20mins covered by tinfoil, then remove and cook for another 10 mins.

Eat with either a green salad or homemade Coleslaw.

Sounds lovely-love spinach

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks for that - will try it later in the week but think I will have to add to the mushrooms and spinach.
50gms of mushrooms - I can eat them whilst I am making it - good job they are "free". :D

I made it from an old sw recipe book and it was awful. i know where i went wrong tho - i have a lasagne dish i usually use for cannelloni and you get 3 tubes each. so i sparingly put the filling into 12 tubes rather than 8 (which didnt heap the tubes as it does when i normally make it (with the full fat version).

this mesnt the pasta didnt cook properly. i cant even bring myself to make it again as i disliked it so much (am not a huge cottage cheese fan anyway)

i am going to make a normal cannelloni but without the white sauce and just have the tomato sauce on top like they do in the recipe if followed.
I will use spinach and ricotta (ricotta is a HEA for 85g so I figured one tub between 4 is a HEA (actually one tub between 3 is).

Back