Balance Board / EA Sports Active / My Fitness Coach

Yes you're supposed to do 2 days then have a rest. It allows your muscles to repair themselves and recover. I have done 3 days in a row at times if it's suited my schedule better, you do get a reminder on screen about taking a rest if you do this. But you will find that your fitness levels increase quickly at the start and you will soon spot some definition on your arm and leg muscles. Exciting stuff! Just don't go mad at first, it's very easy to get carried away!

Yes you're supposed to do 2 days then have a rest. It allows your muscles to repair themselves and recover. I have done 3 days in a row at times if it's suited my schedule better, you do get a reminder on screen about taking a rest if you do this. But you will find that your fitness levels increase quickly at the start and you will soon spot some definition on your arm and leg muscles. Exciting stuff! Just don't go mad at first, it's very easy to get carried away!

That's great thank you for your help, i haven't been well recently, but am meant to do the EA sports again today, as yesterday was my rest day, so i may just do the toning exercising and miss out the kick ups, running, high knee kind of activities! :) thanks again!

I was wondering if anyone could help me please, I'm not a huge fan of using the resistance band on EA Sports... I just don't feel it always works when I'm using it... might be doing it wrong, however, i was wondering if it would be ok for me to do all the other exercises on the 30 day challenge.. but not the ones involving the resistance band in which i feel does not work.. and instead when it's over if i was to do some boxing / target / dancing activities for say 10mins instead, would that be ok? Thank you !! :)

When you say you don't feel it's working is it that the band isn't giving you enough resistance? I had to move up pretty swiftly to a blue one (from ebay) as I'm quite strong in the arm department.

When you say you don't feel it's working is it that the band isn't giving you enough resistance? I had to move up pretty swiftly to a blue one (from ebay) as I'm quite strong in the arm department.

Yeah, i feel like when i use the band it's very easy like it's been overstretched so it's not giving me any resistance, only one it works with is when you have to lift your arms up and out to shoulder height etc, i didn't realise you could get stronger ones off ebay, i thought you could only buy replacements ones like the pink one again... so you have to search for it relating to the wii? or just resistance bands in general? thank you for your help! :) x

I've just ordered Wii Fit Plus (mainly due to my wii fit disc being tempremental) and now wonder if it'll be a waste if its still "gamie" like the original wii fit.
Really debating the EASA now.

Can anyone tell me if an healthy 8yr old would be ok with it or is the EASA too serious for them? She does the MFC with me if thats any help?
TIA.

That's a lot of help thank you!!! :)

I've just ordered Wii Fit Plus (mainly due to my wii fit disc being tempremental) and now wonder if it'll be a waste if its still "gamie" like the original wii fit.
Really debating the EASA now.

Can anyone tell me if an healthy 8yr old would be ok with it or is the EASA too serious for them? She does the MFC with me if thats any help?
TIA.

hmm it's hard to say, i would think it would be ok because you can make up workouts yourself, and the dance ones are amazing fun and a 8 year old would be able to cope, same with tennis, volleyball, basketball etc, there are some fun elements to EASA too, also you can set all activities on easy just in case :)

Easing myself back into it after being crook for 2 weeks! Just did the upper body workout (on hard) on EASA and a 15 min Pilates session on NewU. Wow can I feel my abs after that!!

Cor, Judi, sounds like you've made the most of your returning workout!
Keep hinting at OH as its my b-day next month, hopefully I'll get it.

I sneaked wiifit plus into the basket at Asda today! I've done 45 mins for 150 cals. Quite fun but I suspect the novelty will wear off quite quickly tho my grandchildren will love it! I'll use it when I don't feel up to a heavy exercise session. But I'm looking forward to the updated EASA later this month.

Well I debated for long enough and I've just ordered my EASA so hopefully it'll be here swiftly so I can give it a good go. I'm loving my wii fit + but think from reviews this is going to challenge me and change my shape more.

You'll really notice the difference! Make sure you start on easy!

Will definately begin (and most likely stay lol) on easy.
I really enjoy reading everyone's updates and progresses so I'm looking forward to joining in.

I got the new version of EASA in the post this morning, cue move the furniture back! All the exercises are different. Some of the same moves are wrapped up in different ways, so you do front and side lunges in an obstacle course. But the surf paddling looks fun, and the water skiing. I notice the resistance band is blue! There are exs for your abs, and if you go into preset workouts there are aerobic and step workouts.
There's a weekly profile which shows you how many cals you've burnt , and how many workouts you've done and a 60 day challenge with both a monthly and weekly calendar.
I've just done Day 1 on medium and tho I've done very little for a few weeks I coped quite well, but there seemed to be alot more cardio in it! (I was on hard before) 152 cals.
All in all I think it will kickstart my exercise plan again and hopefully will spur me on to get my eating on plan again.

Sounds good Judi, Good job with the workout!
My EASA has been dispatched today so fingers crossed for the end of the week.
Time for stepping.

Hiya,

I have been looking at buying the EA sports games, but as I don't have either at the moment, would it be best to buy the older Personal trainer one, or the new more work out ones?

Not sure my opinion is valid really as I havent received mine yet but I ordered the "original" EASA as couldnt find the second, new one with the accessories. Will probably upgrade at some point though if the second one has the abs focus. Will just have to see.
I'm sure others will be along and give you some better ideas.

The more workouts one doesn't come with the leg strap, so I would go for the original one as it's come down in price by £10 since I bought it! Then by the time you get tired of it the new one won't cost as much either! I do like the new one the exercises are different.
You may need to invest in a blue resistance band because the red one doesn't give you that much resistance.

Resistance exercise band 1.5 metre ANY STRENGTH! on eBay (end time 05-Dec-09 14:51:20 GMT)

Back