Baldy Alert!!!

lolapink

Hey lovelies! This is aimed more at you long timers but anybody feel free to input! I've been dithering to and fro 100 % for weeks and the main reason being is totally vain! I get married 12 weeks tomorrow and at twelve and a half stone I'd like to lose two stone, however I don't wanna have wedding photos with ratty hair! Summergurl, trose, help me! My hen weekend is nine weeks away so I thought I'd refeed a week before and back to tfr until a week before the wedding, all I'm googling is hair loss at the moment and it's doing me in! Is it more likely to occur after the wedding if I tfr up until it? I know the reasonings why it happens and that I won't go bald but vie managed to get my hair quite long for me for the photos and I'm just worried! Advice please chickens? X

My hair's fine! I don't think that you need to worry if you're only doing tfr for a few weeks....

You've always been my voice of reason Sandra! Seriously, your straight talking like me and I appreciate it.thanks for bringing this hypochondriac down off the ceiling!!! :)

Am on week 7 and ive had no hair loss at all!

I hate to spoil things but I did tfr last year for seven weeks and beginning around the sixth week my hair started to come out. Every time I brushed my hair it came out really badly.

I carried on another week and then did the refeed. It scared me as I have always had thick hair and it thinned so much people started to comment.

It started coming out in June last year and was agonisibly noticable around October. I actually used it as an excuse to not come back on LT at that time and also as an excuse to overeat. But now I feel the weight loss and happiness that brings is far more important. Plus my hair is growing back thank goodness. If it starts to go again I will just deal with it.

I have done a fair bit of research and it seems if you have thick hair you are more likely to lose it. Not everyone suffers hair loss it is a chance you take on this diet.

For me I would rather wear a wig than be fat and I don't say that flippantly.

Listen hun you need to be aware that hair loss could happen and make your dieting decision based upon that knowledge.

Best wishes with your weight loss and future marriage.

Catt x x

Ps my avatar pic was taken in late September so you can see you don't go bald :)

i have no hair to lose, i'm hoping for the opposite that it will grow back lol :)

I haven't had any hair loss either so far, only the ones that I normally lose... I mean it hasn't increased :D

LOL chuck!

Chuck, you made me laugh! And Catt, thanks for your honest insight, I so know what you mean. I see my weight as more important, god that must sound shallow but I can't be happy at this weight :( thanks everyone for your advice, this site has made me feel so at home, good luck to everyone x

I was on TFR 2 years ago, and I had some hair loss. The hair loss didnt happen until a few weeks after I finished TFR, and with my hair being quite thin, it was a little noticeable on the top of my head.

This didnt last long though and it soon grew back to normal thickness.

Good luck for TFR and for the up-coming Wedding.

hey girlie, i cant help coz ive had week ass hair for a long time, alopecia unfortunately, but it hasnt got any worse,,,

Back