Bam! Pow! Eve's 30 Day Shred Diary

Evy_Starlight

Likes to run
So this is it! I've finally started the famous 30 day shred.
I was inspired by tales of amazing losses on both the scales and the tape measure so I'm jumping on the bandwagon :p coz I'm just so fed up of staying in size 16 trousers argggg! :mad: Hopefully I can shred off some inches from my waist and hips at least so I can hope to be the size 12 I want.. to start with :rolleyes:
So yeah I thought I'd start a diary to track my progress and also maybe to give something for people interested in the shred to follow. Hi lurkers! :eek:
Today I started the Shred, at around 1pm. It wasn't too bad to be honest, but having said that I am kinda used to aerobics as I have been to the gym in the past few months but had to stop as I'm doing a lot of overtime at work...but that's pretty physical too, so that might explain it.
Still, I felt like I had a good workout and I feel sproingy! Here's hoping I'm not in too much pain tomorrow :eek:

Here are my stats to start with then :eek::

Bust: 39.5 inches
Waist: 32.5 inches
Hips: 40.5 inches
Thighs: 22 inches
Arms: 13 inches

good luck with the shred, i picked this dvd up today in hmv but put it back down again, im so chicken haha:p

i'll be following your thread with interest ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support :)

DAY 2! :D

I woke up this morning feeling okay. I could feel the burn (heh) in my legs as I went down the stairs and during my work hours (lots of walking), and a little in my abs and shoulders. But nothing unbearable!

After a busy day of a 7-3 shift, I'd had my lunch of sweet and sour pork and rice in the cafeteria, and after I'd walked back home I ate 2 snack a jack jumbo caramels. Then the strangest thing happened: I noticed my work trousers were tighter as I took them off. I measured and my stomach had swelled 2 whole inches since this morning! V. weird, I don't like this but can't explain it. I'll keep an eye on it.
Anyway I had to go into town to meet my friend for bowling (I won, woo :p) so I decided to worry about that later. I walked back from town after the epic match with my gal pal and we hung out all evening. At 10.30pm I finally got around to slotting the DVD into the TV player.

...Ow ow ow! They don't call this the 30-day *shred* for nothing! I found the second day harder than the first, since I was tired from the day's activities and also feeling the effects of the previous workout.

However, after getting through it 100%, I was very pleased with myself and could feel the good effects of the workout. It's definitely a workout that you can feel working on you, and is the perfect length for me. It's pretty intense but short, which I like because I'd get bored with an hour but I didn't think I could get a good workout in only 20 mins until now.

All in all, things seem promising for the future and I know if I stick to it 100% good things will happen, I can feel it :D

...if anyone knows why I might have gotten bloated like that, you couldn't just gimme a shout on this thread could you? xx

Grr I didn't get to do today's :mad: I went to see a play but then had an argument with the fiance (which is still going on :mad:) so before I know it its 11pm!

I was tempted to say 'screw it' and do the shred anyway, but then i'd be too buzzed to sleep and early shift tomorrow grr... stupid annoying bfs :rolleyes: I think I'll just catch up and do an extra day's shredding after the 10 days so far.

Will keep posting here, somebody kick me if I keep making excuses and don't start shredding again after this!! :p

I did my third day of the shred today! I'm pretty tired now though so won't write much. :)

I did today's shred at my fiance's house (we made up of course :eek::rolleyes:) and we had a giggle as I puffed through jumping jacks and pushups! He also helped me perfect my static lunge which was awesome as I'd been doing it all wrong.

It was harder than before again, so here's to progress :p Let's go for some improvement!

Fourth and fifth day done, been away from home so hard to update! x

I've had to pause due to overwork issues - but I hope to get started again asap x

Back