Banana bread/cake with pics

image-2992066640.jpg

Just made this.

Mine came out as flat as a pancake as well and I definitely whisked the egg whites until stiff.
But it was still gorgeous!

It's nice to have a SW friendly recipe to use up Bananas. :)

I've just made this and I think it's great although mine rose up nicely and then sunk quite a lot as it cooled. Any tips to stop it sinking?
Liz
X

I've just made this into muffins. It made 16 making home very nearly 1 syn each (but I've assumed 1.5). Cooked for 13 minutes at 180. Yum!
Liz
X

Making 'them' rather, not 'home'!

Looks and sounds amazing and on my list of things to make this week. So looking forward to trying this with some Muller Toffee yoghurt poured over.

Made britmums orange and almond cake and wondered if it could be adapted with other fruits so today I made a Banana and cinnamon cake it wasnt too sweet so more like a bread with a cake texture am thinking it would be nice with sweetened quark anyhow it was huge so cut it into 9 slices at 2syns a slice.

Ingredients
56g/2oz self raising flour 10syns
6 eggs
cup of sweetener
1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 syn
2 medium bananas mashed 8 syns
1tsp of cinnamon think next time I will put 2 in wasnt enough really

preheat oven to 180

I separated 2 of the eggs and whisked the 2 egg whites in a bowl and put to one side put all the the other ingredients including the 2 egg yolks you seperated in another bowl and whisk, once nicely mixed fold in the 2 egg whites until there are no big lumps pour mixture into a sandwich tin, i used a silicon one it only just all fit in!
now I didnt time this lol i think about 40 mins after about 20 I covered the top with foil to stop it burning once out of the oven leav in the tin to cool for a bit then turn out and cut into 9 slices easier than it sounds cut into thirds then each thrid into 3 it works out to 2 syns a slice plus 1/2 syn over so I am going to count one slice at 2.5 the rest at 2 syns I then sprinkled sweetener over the top this will melt and make the top a bit sticky mmmmmm

here are some pictures

Looks yummy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely looks nice, will try this! I've not been successful with any of the SW ones that are just fluffed up egg, it's like eating an omelette! so hope this is more successful as it has flour added.

Back