Banana bread/cake with pics

Just made this recipe but divided them into 9 muffin cases, 2syns each, and ate 2 with a vanilla muller, really tasty!

Can I double check something please.

6 eggs but you only have to separate and whisk 2 egg whites. The separated yolks and the remaining 4 eggs are added to the other bowl and mixed?

I made this last night but thought it might be eggy so tweaked it. Delicious! Just like normal banana bread.

3 eggs
56g flour
tsp baking powder
2 bananas, mashed
1 tbsp cinnamon
4 tbsp Splend

I separated all the eggs and whisked the whites until stiff. Then mixed all other ingredients together and folded in the whites. Pour into a lined and fry-lighted loaf tray. Cooked at 180 degrees for 20 mins - covered with foil - cooked for another 20 mins. Yummy! And I don't normally like SW cakes e.g. the disgusting half syn roulade!

I think you could do this with other fruit. I'm wondering about crushed pineapple...?

I made this last night but thought it might be eggy so tweaked it. Delicious! Just like normal banana bread.

3 eggs
56g flour
tsp baking powder
2 bananas, mashed
1 tbsp cinnamon
4 tbsp Splend

I separated all the eggs and whisked the whites until stiff. Then mixed all other ingredients together and folded in the whites. Pour into a lined and fry-lighted loaf tray. Cooked at 180 degrees for 20 mins - covered with foil - cooked for another 20 mins. Yummy! And I don't normally like SW cakes e.g. the disgusting half syn roulade!

I think you could do this with other fruit. I'm wondering about crushed pineapple...?

Thanks. I'll try your changes next time I make this.

Mmmm looks very nice! Will give this a go this weekend :)

A brilliant recipe, thank you. I made it with the recipe on page 1 of the thread, but whisked all 6 egg whites until they were stiff, rather than just two. The mixture filled two sandwich tins. It looked a bit like meringue mix when I put it into the oven but it was like a cake at the end. The two cakes were massive in the first 20 mins, opening the door to put the foil on caused then to drop quite a bit. 40min at 180 was enough.

My tweak on this: one sachet of no added sugar dream topping (11 syns) made with HexA skimmed milk spread on the bottom cake with sliced strawberries then out the second cake on top, plus sweetener on the top to finish. About 30 syns in total. Massive cake and a perfect dessert for Mothers Day.

Thanks guys!

x

Thank you for this recipe it was sooooo tasty. I whisked all of the egg whites though and added 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder instead of cinnamon and it was delicious as a banana and chocolate cake.

Thank you for this recipe it was sooooo tasty. I whisked all of the egg whites though and added 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder instead of cinnamon and it was delicious as a banana and chocolate cake.

Just made choccy banana bread, omg this is soooo good.:)

I made it as banana bread, it's lovely :) my consultant is made up as well :)

Back