Total Solution Banditmum's diary

Banditmum

[h=5]Been doing Exante for 9 days now. Just three shakes, no food. Lost 10 and 1/2 pounds in first four days, extraordinary! Then put 1 and 1/2 back on next day, mmm! Now not lost any more? Anybody had similar experience? Do you think I'm doing it wrong?:confused:[/h]

No you're not doing it wrong if you're having 3 packs a day plus water and not doing too much exercise. Our bodies just dont lose at a consistent rate. Also in your first few days your body will be shedding water and glycogen stores, only once those are depleted will it start burning fat which goes a bit slower. As for it going up slightly, that's normal, our bodies will weigh different amounts at different times of the day and different days of the week. I have at least 2 days a week where my scales dont move and at least 1 day a week where the weight goes up, even if I've been 100%. That's why they only recommend weighing once a week, although I still ignore that and weigh daily.

I'm sure you're doing it right. I lost 8lb in the first week and then only 2lb for the next 2 weeks. I too weigh every day - I can't help myself. It's ok as long as you accept that your weight can fluctuate.

And don't forget that the scales aren't perfect, if you manage to perhaps have one official WI date when you record your weight and one mid week to just gauge how things are, maybe that'll help you?
It's so easy to get totally obsessed with it, I know. But if you're sticking to plan, that's all you can do and it'll work, sometimes faster, sometimes more slowly. :)

Thanks for your reply Jae101 which I find very reassuring. I'll try to stick to the weekly weigh-in. Well done on your fantastic weight loss.:)

weigh-in day: Friday
Starting weight: 14st 10.5lb
Week 1: 14st 1.5 lb = 9lb weight loss
Week 2: 13st 13lb = 2.5lb weight loss

That is a nice loss for 2 weeks...well done

Well done that's great xx

Week 3: 13st 7lb = 6lb weight loss

It's been AGONY sticking to the diet this week, so thank God for this weight loss!

Well done. That's a brilliant weight loss for week 3!

Wow! That is fantastic

Week 4: 13st 7lb = 0lb weight loss
Week 5: 13st 3.5lb = 3.5lb weight loss

I was so devastated last week to have lost nothing that I could not make another entry in this thread until I had a weight loss. Stuck with the shakes. Good weight loss this week. Finding this diet a bit of a roller coaster. When I don't actually eat ANY conventional food I expect a good weight loss, if this doesn't happen I am completely knocked down. However, if I think logically I realise that 1.5 stone lost in 5 weeks is phenominal.

Last edited:
Week 6: 13st 1.5lb = 2lb weight loss

Slow but steady. That will do! Not mind blowing but still OK.

You're doing great. It wouldn't be healthy to lose massive amounts every week and you'd get baggy skin! I lose every week at a rate of 2lb. It doesn't see much considering how few calories I'm having but it all adds up and to be honest 1st 9lb in only 8 weeks is pretty amazing if I look at it as a whole. Keep going. The weight is coming off!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Week 7: 12st 13lb = 2.5lb weight loss
Week 8: 12st 12lb = 1lb weight loss

Slogging on!

23lb since 10th May is phenomenal if you look at it that way!

Week 9

Week 7: 12st 13lb = 2.5lb weight loss
Week 8: 12st 12lb = 1lb weight loss
Week 9: 12st 10.5lb = 1.5lb weight loss