Barb's going at it a little differently!

Oh for goodness sake, where is my brain? I have done nothing but eat/bake/eat/drink/eat for the last week and the last few weeks good work has gone up in smoke.

Seriously fed up with myself. Not sure what top do, except I KNOW I am not giving up.

How weird i was thinking about you and was about to find you on here..and here you are at the top of the page! :)

never mind the wee blip or two hun, you have came back and want to do this, that shows the willpower and urge is still there! As we say may times to each other, it isn't easy, but keep plodding on and it will work out for us all in the end! have a great friday and a lovely weekend :)

have a wee reread ofyour early days on your diary, it will remind you of the old motivation :) I reread some of mine recently, as i am 'behaving' but wasn't feeling 100% motivated to succeed!..but am marching on now towards my next weigh in :) Good luck hun x

Hey barb x
Put the blip behind you it's over done with x you know how I have been struggling but the fact is that I only have come back on here and have got back on the wagon due to people such as yourself ! X
You can do this. We can do this x

Thanks Rose and Katie, I do appreciate your encouragement, even if I don;t seem to do the right thing with it!

I need to get back on track and I realise that part of the problem is that the food focus site makes me too happy to eat 'up' to my max cal allowance. I need to keep just under to actually lose i think. It is very clever in that it adds any exercise cals created to your daily food cals and it is easy to look and think, brill, got 800 cals left, best have a cake! Not the way forward.

So, aiming for a more restrained week and lets see what can be done!

good luck this week Barb! i agree if someone told me i had a 'spare' 800 cals, I would think 'party time'..which has got to be a big no no for me.. i wouldn't be looking at filling up on healthy options, i've got to be strict with myself to get results!..oh well..on we go hun to slimsville :) Have a good day!

You will do this Barb x:D I have faith in you, This time I am trying to learn moderation :D I am trying not to say I am never having cakes or wine again as when I say that that sets me off bingeing altho havent had wine last week as don't quite trust myself yet....
Have a gd week xx:D

Well, a better day yesterday. First time i have 'undereaten' my cals for more than a week. Ended the day on 1604, so happy with that. Can have up to 1735 plus exercise cals, so I am feeling very pleased with 1604. I have set my goal at 1lb a week, hence the fairly generous allowance, but I know this has to be slow as I go off the rails if I am over strict. The thought that i could have had something else last night but didn't means I am exercising that resistance muscle, which tbh I just have not been doing. Here's to another good day.

Well, thanks Rose, but tbh, it isn't. I don't know what it is I seem to resist/resent any pressure at the moment and cannot get my bottom in gear at all.
I was planning to go to aqua and then didn't. I fancied some crisps and ate 3 packets! That is so totally unlike me, even on a bad day, 2 would be my limit. I then decided that I would just have some fruit for lunch to make up for the crisp madness, so I suppose that is something. But really, what is going on with me?
I know I still want to lose weight. I know I need to for health reasons. I know I can because I have already so why am i sabotaging myself all the time? Why did I feel like I could definitely 'do it' and now I feel like I want the impossible?

Going to try and re-read the early days of this diary and see what can be done. I know that I am learning and improving, after all 3 bags of crisps did not become 4, plus a sandwich plus a cake. I hit the damage limitation button and had some fruit, that's progress, right?

I just feel tired, unenthusiastic and like it is all just too much. Between demands from family, work and my Mum I feel at my limit. Need a lift and don't know how to get one.

Sorry to be a total misery.

[hugs} you are not a misery hun, never feel like that! we are all here to support you and none of us are perfect or star pupils when it comes to dieting ;)

you just sound as if the demands of a hectic family life are taking its toll, and you are feeling there is not enough room left for you and what you want!... I've been there Barb, and just recently panicked that i couldn't feel the old determination and motivation that i has last year, but everyone supported me on here, made me realise and remember where i have come from and where i am heading!

I don't have the same level of motivation as last year, and i am not as strict on myself, but i am eating what i plan to eat and am trying to be as active as i can be..but if i have a day when i have no energy or desire to exercise, then i say so, without fear that others might judge me for not 'jogging on the spot' kind of scenario Hee hee ;)

when our minds are not on it, it is very difficult to think and believe that we will ever succeed..but i know you want to do this, we have said to each other plenty of times, that it doesn't matter how, why, when or for how long..we are changing our lifestyles..and pounds will melt, pounds might go on!..weight might stay the same etc etc..but we ARE doing something about it, we are 'trying' and when your head allows you peace to focus on yourself, then you will be right on track again..just go with the flow...when you feel up to it, then go for it..if you are having a bad day or week or month, worry not...tomorrow is always another day..and in the meantime... always come on here for a chat whether you are counting calories or not!
....we can chat about the weather or anything until you are ready to chat about weight loss..

sometimes we even talk about weight loss on my thread..yes, now and again!!!...and as you know..other times its like an asylum..and the lunatics have taken over..including me! hee hee

...so don't sit at home, worrying about not feeling up to weight loss, just pop on and chat way..you are missed when you are not here!!!

phew..ramble over...take care hun, and i'll be looking for you tomorrow :)

Barb x just had to send you a big hug x you are def not a misery and I agree with everything lovely RR has said x as you know I had a major blip but am back on track even tho I had a sts this week RR is So right when she says it doesn't matter how long our journey s take we are on them together x x

Sorry you're having a bit of a struggle Barb. We've all been there. I think it has a lot to do with the time of year as well, it's hard to get motivated on cold, dull wintery days. It's hard to juggle the day to day demands of family/work etc. and sometimes we do just have to say "oh stuff it I need goodies" we just need to learn some damage limitation techniques along the way.

Calories have always been my choice of weight loss plan and you do have to battle the mentality of "oh I have 500 cals to spare let's eat them". My way of dealing with this was to take the calories over a week rather than each day, so if one day my body only wanted 1000 and then next day it wanted 1900 I just ate them as long as I didn't go over my total at the end of the week. There is some evidence to suggest that eating a different amount each day keeps the metabolism ticking over nicely instead of it getting used to a set amount of cals each day.

If you want crisps/chocs just give yourself a daily allowance from your calories, eat them and enjoy them. Once of the hardest parts of this journey is to learn that certain foods aren't evil and we shouldn't guilt trip ourselves for enjoying them once in a while.

I've never been a big fan of eating back your exercise calories, well unless you're on a really low daily allowance. I would say everyone burns calories at a different rate so the guide to calories burnt through exercise are only a very rough estimate.

Just keep on doing what you're doing, congratulate yourself on your good days and don't beat yourself up over the odd bad day.

Good sense from all of you, as always. Thank you. I feel a bit brighter today, hopped on the scales and although I regained some of the lost Christmas lbs, it's not as bad as it was! So perhaps I really am learning. I just had that all or nothing head on and felt I had two choice, stuff or starve, which is crazy, I know better than that.

So, calmly and without too much pressure I am going to eat healthily MOST of the time, continue exercising and moving a lot more and keep going. As Rose says, there is no rush, we just want to all get there, when does not matter, I'm not giving up, I need to do this, so sensible head, back in play!

Thank you so much for your support Rose, Katie and Tranq, it means so much.

hello lovely

you are welcome and wise words from katieRose and tranquility..see?.we can't all be wrong or deluded! hee hee

I'm pleased you feel brighter today Barb, trying to weigh (excuse the pun) healthy eating/exercise/counting calories etc etc against day to day living and as Tranqs says, even the time of year...can be difficult..just plod on nicely with the rest of us...we can all celebrate together at the end result!

have a good day hun, take care x

I liked the pun Rose, but you are right in what you say, if it was easy we would all be the exact weight we want to be, but we are not.

Overdid the pancakes last night but other than that quite a good day. I feel less stressed about everything, which is good.

Off to Brighton today shopping with DD1, really looking forward to it.

Had a lovely day with DD1 and have continued to enjoy myself since with another lunch out, a surprise night out with DH and then Friday night out for a Thai meal with friends then a party last night! I'm not complaining, it's been lovely, but seriously diet? What diet?

I think I am going to have to officially re-start. Become a Monday weigher ( I know I'll be in good company there) and get myself back in order. These weeks are slipping by. Another fat Summer is on the horizon if I don't get my act together. Back to Aqua tomorrow and on with the calorie counting/food diary I think.

sounds like you had a lovely time and really enjoyed yourself Barb..well done you!

Climb back on the monday wagon and take it all on with ease and see where you, i and countless others end up! :) Good luck x

sounds like you had a lovely time and really enjoyed yourself Barb..well done you!

Climb back on the monday wagon and take it all on with ease and see where you, i and countless others end up! :) Good luck x

Thanks Rose,

adjusted my ticker and am getting on with the job. Back to proper food diary and being serious about it. :D
I have to do this, I cannot let myself slip backwards into old habits, it is all to easy to go back to my old ways, so I need to learn how to stop it! :eek:
Day one and i am going to get there, with a little help from my friends.

you will indeed get there..i won't allow you not to!!! :)

Keep thinking slim thougts and happy times ahead..summer will creep up on us, and this year, i want to say goodbye to the beetroot faced look! hee hee

Have a good day Barb x

Back