Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Poor Barb, sounds awful! Eww the thought of undercooked salmon makes me :jelous: At least you had a great time dancing! Something I would love to do if I didn't feel so self conscious. Ah well, I guess next time your invited for dinner there, take a packed lunch just in case! :)

Well CP, you will soon be feeling much more confident, I am sure of that.

Trouble with me is that after some vino I become too confident. Inhibitions out the window, it's mad really.

I do feel better this evening, not had much of an apetite today(surprisingly) so really hoping tomorrows weigh in gives me something to be pleased about. Fingers crossed!

It's nice when you don't feel too hungry isn't it, I like those days because I get alot more done other than simply fretting over what I cannot eat lol! In last couple of days I've been over-hungry and just realised this evening that TOTM is about to begin, so I blame that! Hope these drooling days are over soon!

Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you tomorrow barb! xx

Thanks CP, really appreciate it. I'll report in the morning. Off for an early night now, need to sleep the last of the hangover away!

Oh happy day! 1.5lbs off giving me a total of 16lbs in 6 weeks! So chuffed.
DH is very pleased with/for me and has said he will be more supportive again as he is drifting back to the wine drinking in the week which means I keep joining in.
So an alch free week should be a big help and I am now happy to see a steady .5-1lb off a week. Never thought I would feel 'satisfied' by that but I am now, the first weeks losses spurred me on and now I just want to get the job done efficiently and well. Even a lb a week would see me over 3 stone lighter by the time we go to Aruba in September, that would be wondeful!

oh barb. so sorry about the dinner but CONGRATULATIONS on the 1.5lb loss. that's a fantastic loss!! especially since you didn't think it would be a good week!!

well done babes :)

i have managed to not lose a thing this week. in fact, i daren't get on the scales today because i don't want to know what they are going to say!!

abz xx

Thanks Abz, we were on each others diaries at exactly the same time!

Now you are to have a really good week this week, we will encourage each other madly and then you can get on the scales next week without worrying, ok?

ok barb :) with all the swimming i'm doing if i manage to control my eating properly the weight should be dropping off!!

Excellent news Barb!! :clap: I'm so glad your pleased with it too, I certainly would be, as long as we are not going up, we are succeeding!! My turn on thursday, and I've started totm today so i'm not pinning high hopes. But well done you!! hugs xxx

You are so right Abz, with all that swimming, not only will you be losing weight, you will be getting toned too. Fantastic!

Thanks CP, I am really chuffed, I feel all systems go again now. We will both do this, I am sure of that. We are determined and we are in control, that makes it do-able.

Love

hello never been on your diary before but the title does not match your losses, 16lbs in 6 weeks os fantastic, not what i'd call slow.
well done

Thanks MommyB, you are right, I think I have left that title there from a previous effort. Mind you, of that 16lbs, 8 was lost in the first week!
I am now happy to be slow and steady, so I had thought of changing it and then I though No, slow and steady is probably the best way!

Thanks for dropping in, all encouragement greatly appreciated!

Well, yesterday went completely wrong, I'm not surprised, the stress of the last few weeks came to an abrupt head with the worst outcome possible. I can't really go into detail but both DH and I are totally, totally fed up.
Didn't diet yesterday, not dieting today, tomorrow? Who knows!

Thanks MommyB and CP, good of you to pop in. There may yet be a good result but it looks very unlikely. I don't mean to be mysterious it's just the detail is so complicated and quite honestly boring, that going into it won't help any of us. It's a business thing that would have changed our lives very positively but we have been led up a very long garden path and i am just so sick of it.

I feel worn out by it all and know that breaking my diet is hardly going to help but I just haven't the heart for it today. Hopefully I will feel more like it tomorrow.

so sorry to hear that honey.. but don't give up. think about all the reasons you are doing this. don't undo all your good work now. whatever has happened, giving up on your healthy eating won't help make it any better. it will just make you more fed up.

i really hope that things look up for you soon honey.

abz xx

Thanks Abz, really appreciate your input. You are right of course.

Feel better today, DH and I chatted the whole situation over and made some good decisions which I am happy about. Financially they aren't great but for ourselves they are right.
We went out for dinner last night, both of us needed a lift and it was lovely. Today, my head seems much more 'normal' so am aiming for a good day without too much damage done(i hope!).

so glad you are feeling a bit more positive. some times you have to do what feels right to you and your situation, whether it makes finacial or diet sense !! or whatever anyone else thinks for that matter.
have a really great day

glad you are feeling better today hon. mommyb is right. sometimes we have to do what's right for us, regardless of diet plan or advice, because that's what gets us through at the end of the day.

well done to you and OH for storming through!!

Back