Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Thanks Abz and Mandy - it was an amazing trip. Loved it all, Tallinn in Estonia was the real favourite though. So pretty and unspoilt. Lovely.

So, diet, I hear you ask. Well, I have not really made any sort of start at all. I don't know why, I know I should get straight back down to it but I am in this weird place where I just don't feel that bothered. I've lost the 3lb gain, I don't know why/how but I have and I think I am just going to try 'cutting down' when i really feel like it. I know for a 'plan' to succeed I have to feel really commited and I just don't.
I've looked at the pics from the holiday and instead of thinking ' oh god, i look like the back of a bus' I've kind of thought ' hmm, could be worse, actually look ok there!'

So, whats going on? I don't know, I just feel quite happy and am in no mood to start obsessing about food, which is essentially what full on dieting means to me.

So, I will keep coming on here, because I love it, I will report in about gains or losses and just see how it goes. If that sounds a bit lame then I'm sorry but I just feel the need to enjoy what I have now instead of constantly making everything about my weight. It's not about my weight, thats just one aspect of me.

I feel that I should be frantcially dieting in readiness for our Aruba hol in september, but you know I'm ok, if I am thinner by then, great, if not? So What!

Love

Your 50th is a great in incentive to lose the weight you need to :p.Just make sure you dont deprive yourself too much by giving yourself treats now and again.If you have a bad day just pick yourself up, and tell yourself its only one day and tommorow is a new one!

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your support.

I am enjoying feeling like this; don't know how long it will last as have experienced this 'calm acceptance' feeling before. I'm not saying I suddenly don't want to lose weight - I think I will always want to be lighter, I just have stopped having a go at myself about it all the time. It's not like it's made any real difference.

I've been on Mini's for nearly 3 years now and my weight? About the same as when I started! Despite many 'diets', 'plans' etc. At least i'm not bigger though! Could be worse.

Anyway, I am happy to support and encourage everyone who is feeling really 'up for it' and in the meantime I'll just plod along and see what happens.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your support.

I am enjoying feeling like this; don't know how long it will last as have experienced this 'calm acceptance' feeling before. I'm not saying I suddenly don't want to lose weight - I think I will always want to be lighter, I just have stopped having a go at myself about it all the time. It's not like it's made any real difference.

I've been on Mini's for nearly 3 years now and my weight? About the same as when I started! Despite many 'diets', 'plans' etc. At least i'm not bigger though! Could be worse.

Anyway, I am happy to support and encourage everyone who is feeling really 'up for it' and in the meantime I'll just plod along and see what happens.

Hi hun just popping by to say hi and c how u r doing. Am pleased you had a fab time on the cruise. How is ur son and how is his leg hope its all healing well.
Yes i 2 have been on Mm for nearly 3 yrs was just thinking this morning that how i have wasted the past 3 yrs and still the same weight and i need a kick up the arse for that big time lol.
Looking forward to chatting to u soon. Hope ur having a good day take care and ty for ur support xxx

Back