Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Thanks Clarri - I'll try but I still feel rubbish.
Been good though and feel pleased. Wegh in day tomorrow and just hope I have dropped 2 of the lbs I gained last week. Need to get on with this and i hate the idea that I have to 're-lose' before I make any more real progress. Least it's only 4lbs though, could have been way worse!

hey honey. good luck with weigh in this morning :)

it's great to hear that you are back in the zone :D

i know how you feel about relosing weight!! i still have around another 9lbs to go before i'm at my pre-christmas weight again.. i really messed things up in the last couple of months. need to lose a steady 2lbs a week from now until my dress fitting to make sure i fit in the ruddy thing properly and have to actually have it taken in!! it's lace up though so it doesn't matter if i lose more in the last month, which is great as i'm hoping to get to goal by my wedding!! (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)...

abz xx

Morning Abz - yes, this re-losing thing is a right pain. Still we are both 'back in the zone' and we have great incentives to get on with it!

I am pleased, 2lbs off today and that means I am back to having lost a whole stone, which means a lot really.
Nine weeks, even at 1lb a week would be good, 2lbs a week would be better though! I'd love to get 3 off this week though as that would see me the other side of last weeks gain. Can it be done? I don't know but i'm going to have a go!

you can do it barb!! it went on fast so it will come off again fast if you stay on track. and with your new mindset i have no doubt you can do it!!

abz xx

Thanks Clarri and Abz, I do feel very determined again and it's a good feeling. I'm not cal counting this week, I am giving the food diary and healthy options only thing a go. I know what to avoid and I realy want to improve my health with extra fruit and veggies. Just ahd a lovely fruit salad of nectarine/banana/cherries with a dollop of low fat yogurt. Tasted great and i'm sure will do me good. Really happy to be back in the zone. I have enough time to really make a difference for the cruise. With one stone gone forever and the opportunity to shift another, I feel inspired. I hate it when you want to do something and realise it is already too late. Well this time it isn't, I've got time and determination on my side, not to mention all my 'diary helpers'!

We go the 'business' news yesterday that we have been on tenderhooks for for the last 2.5 months. It was exactly the opposite of what we hoped and expected. Haven't slept and feel very peed off.
Did I dive in the wine bottle? Yes. Did I overeat? No! Oh, well could have been worse then.

So, going to do better today although in all honesty the diet si the last thing on my mind.

Thanks for the hugs girls, i reall need them at the moment.

Feeling more positive than I did but have 2 really 'heavy' weeks ahead workwise. Then things should improve, big time.

I've 2choices; one, try really hard to stick to cal counting in an effort to get back on track. Knowing full well that because of pressures both emotional and physical, it will be almost impossible.
two; Accept that I am aiming to STS for the next 2 weeks, leaving me 6 weeks to really 'go for it' before the cruise.

I think it will be 2 - what do you guys think?

it's totally up to you barb. i think if the numbers go in the wrong direction it will add pressure. however really 'going for it' is probably a bit too stressful. i would go for somewhere between option 1 and 2. the problem with deciding to maintain, at least in my case, is that i get it wrong, having never gotten healthy eating right on my own, and i gain. how about healthy choices whenever you can and if you have the odd blip then you don't beat yourself up about it? i mean, that's what maintaining people do...

abz xx

Yeah, I think that has to be it Abz. I definately don't want to gain. That would be too depressing. I was in M&S yesterday and they had their jam sandwich creams on a bogof - I nearly picked them up, in a ' i'm not officially dieting' frame of mind. Then I had a word with myself. I would have eaten them. All of them. At 65 cals a biscuits x 12 biscuits a packet x 2 packets!!!!!!!!!!! 1560 cals on biscuits that I don't need.
So, even if I'm not doeting strictly, i'm not giving myself permission to eat all the naughty stuff either. Yes, somewhere between options one and two will do for now. Then in 2 weeks it's back to the proper cal counting. I will still weigh in on Mondays though, I mustn't lose sight of my goal.

Thanks Abz!

good idea barb . As for me, i've got my MIL over this week and she wants to dine out alot of course, now that the good weather is showing over here. I am really feeling a little on the slack side of my diet but not enough to lose sight of it (probably alot like you are feeling right now). I too am goin to keep my eyes on those scales even if I do have a blip.

Well, so much for my STS plan - 3lbs on again. I am cross, but I understand why. I am not sitting here wailing 'why me, why me?'.I know i have comfort ate and drank too much vino.

I am going to try hard to do better this week and next. Thats the best I can offer right now.

all any of us can do is our best barb. and you are doing brilliantly. you are dealing with a lot. just keep it up :)

abz xx

Feeling pleased with myself this morning. The 3lb gain has gone and I am very much hoping that by Monday perhaps another lb will too.

I'm not cal counting but I am thinking about what I eat and whether I really want it. So far so good!

Back