Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Hiya Barb,

How are tricks?

I've been staying away because between being ridiculously busy closing down a business and eating and drinking all the wrong things, I feel a right let down.

I'm not saying that so you lovely people will say nice things; it's how I feel. I've had no heart for the diet for weeks. I know I have put lbs back, I just don't know how many. I don't know how to pick myself up from this point. When you are in the middle of making people redundant and worrying about all that stuff it is hard to make the diet feel important. But I know it is. Have i stopped thinking about my weight? No, it's there all the time, nagging at me. I am a walking pile of guilt. I feel so bad about myself.

I know what i need to do is draw a line under all this and get on with it again; trouble is I am so afraid I will have a good morning/day and then just start failing again. My sensible head has gone away and I can't find it anywhere.

I'm sorry not to be cheery; I don't feel it and I can't manage it.

I haven't been checking in because there is nothing positive i can say really. I hate the way I sound right now; defeated is not really me but at the moment it is.

I'm making no promises; i'm going to re-visit my ticker, as just looking at it is depressing in itself. I have 5.5 weeks till the cruise, I could re-gain some ground if I really try.

I think all I can say is that I will try to try!

Thank you so much for visiting and checking up on me Abz, CC, Clarri - it is so appreciated. You are such good friends and i am sending you all hugs and love.

I@m not going to chastise you for how you feel. I get that way sometimes - well nearly all the time.

Sometimes the whole 'losing weight thing' seems like the only focus in life and it can be distressing.

Wishing you all the luck babes.

Come back even when you're down, busy or happy.

x

hey there babes. we're here for you when you are ready to come back. knowing and doing are two different things. but we, and you, know that you CAN do it. so when you are ready to get going, you will :)

much love.

abz xx

Thanks Abz - always there for me!

Well, another 3lbs has come back and I have to say I am amazed it's not a lot more. Perhaps some new habits have become permanent - hope so.

I'm back to trying the healthy eating thing, cutting down on nibbles, cutting down the vino and DH has promised to join me in a 30 minute walk every day. That should all help.

I am not going to stress too much over it though. I'm still 8lb less than when I started, which is better than nothing and with 4 weeks till the cruise I can still shift a few lbs.

So, here I go, AGAIN!

Well, I must have had a good week - 3lbs off! So very pleased. I haven't been very organised about food but I haven't been obsessing either. Also being really busy helps.

So, lets hope I can do well this week - now under 4 weeks till the cruise!

hey barb!! it's good to see you :) well done on your 3lbs :D :D

i have decided that i have to go back on cambridge. will hopefully have a meeting with my cdc after easter weekend...

desperation has set in. i feel like i've been dieting forever and nothing has changed since christmas. and now i've had a sudden 10lb gain after having my implant taken out. so i'm really gutted at the moment.

am glugging immense amounts of water and continuing with slimming world this week in the hopes that i'll get rid of that before seeing my cdc but i doubt it... bloody hormones!!

abz xx

Hi Mandy and Irene (and of course Abz!), thanks for dropping by.

I feel more of a failure than anything in some ways. I can'tseem to stick at anything for long. However, I am not doing too badly either. I am less food obsessed than i was. The snag with cal counting is that you do become very consious of EVERY calorie and food occupies the thoughts far too much. I'm beginning to think that the best diet aid is to be busy! The 3lbs lost last week had nothing to do with being 'good' - I just didn't spend my time with my head in the biscuit tin.

This is a long and complicated journey and my head is back in the land of slow but sure. I can seem to stick with 'strict' for 3 weeks max and then I just blow it. So it seems I must make permanent small changes that I can live with that will slowly help me lose weight. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but I think the one I need to focus on most is not eating between meals. Then portion control, which is not too big a problem as TBH I don't have big portions anyway. Then a cutting down of wasted calories, like wine for instance.
Hmm, sounds like a plan. In a way it's what i've started doing without really thinking about it. So, I will put a bit more effort in and see what ahppens!

Im finding slimming world quite good at the minute Barb because it is so flexible and I am still able to have a glass of wine or two at night as long as I stick to lots of free food and count it as syns have you ever tried it ? just a thought xxx

i think it's a great plan barb. one that fits in with your lifestyle and that you can keep up forever. it's just difficult really sticking to a plan like that, but i'm sure you will do it :D

Thanks everyone! I have thought about SW Mandy - I may ahve a serious look at it when I get abck from the cruise. It really depends on how I do over the next few weeks.

Thing is I have lost a stone and it has stayed off, the odd 2-3lbs comes back on and off but basically I am a stone down on the beginning of the year. I'm pleased with that. I'd rather it was more but TBH I could easily have put the lot back on, so why haven't I? I think it is because I am learning stuff that makes me think twice before I eat. Not all the time, sadly, but quite a lot of it.
I agree with Abz, it is difficult because without strict rules it is easy to just do whatever I like. But I am trying to apply some rules. Just not making too huge adeal of it. It may work, it may not but if I can keep one stone off and maybe lose another lb or two and then after the cruise perhaps shift another, then I will get there in the end. It will take time but at least i can have a life for the duration. Constantly thinking about food and whats 'allowed' or not does not make me happy.

Having said all of the above, meaning every word. I'll probably end up on a panic diet in the next week or two. I don't know how you ladies stay patient with me!

Back