Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

No-one can say there is a right or wrong way Barb we are all in the same boat hun I struggle most days xxx

Thanks Abz - you are fab too! And you Mandy; it helps to know everyone struggles, doesn't it?

Quite a good day yesterday, out for dinner but didn't go mad. Out to dinner party tonight, so that could do some damage, but I'm not going to worry about it. I can be sensible most of the time, that should help!

well today i start cd... so wish me luck!! this time i HAVE to do it. i don't have any more time for manoevering!!

Abz, you know I wish you luck. I take my hat off to you because I know I couldn't do it!

Well, STS and chuffed. I have had 2 take-aways and 2 meals out this week. I should have gained and i haven't, so I must be making some good choices.
I'm planning to have a more restrained week this week and hope to see a lb or 2 off next week.

fantastic news barb :)

good luck for the lb or two off :)

i'm on day three now and starting to feel a wee bit chirpier after a hideous morning, ha.

abz xx

You've done so much better than you think Barb! It's not easy for anyone, I struggle alot especially as I am homebound and looking after my baby its the perfect excuse to pick on food all day long, but I am learning to be really strict and say NO. It doesn't work every time like you said, I have eaten some gastronomically fattening things during this diet, that have almost made me cry with guilt, but I think the one thing I am doing differently this time (and I think you are too), is getting back on track.. if not today, tomorrow next week. But getting back into the mode of eating 'consciously' is the key to long term success I think, for me it puts a stop to climbing straight back up the ladder! I just want the scales to keep going down every week!! So well done for coming back here and getting to grips with it all! xx

Dropping by to say hello hun and to see how you are?....xxxxx:D

Hi Isis, good to see you! Thanks CP - I hear what you are saying and I think you are absolutely spot on. It's finding a reasonable way without stuffing or deprivation that has to be the way forward. It's not easy becasue old habits really do die hard but I am trying and I think it wil be a long slow process, but I have stopped hankering after quick fixes, mostly because I know there is no such thing!

Well done to you CP, you are winning your battles.

Abz and Mandy, thanks for dropping by and being so encouraging. Really appreciate it.

I'm sort of ok Abz. Had a very teary day yesterday. We have had a lot of pressure lately work wise and my parents aren't great and my DD1 is now on a 4 day week and my DS2 has lost his job and not been paid and not had all the dedcutions his boss took from his pay passed on to the revenue and my DD2 decided to have a go at me yesterday and, and ..... well thats enough surely?

So, feeling a bit sorry for myself. Won't have lost anything this week either, nor gained I don't think, so I suppose thats something. I just feel knackered and weighed down with stress.
Thats really why I'm not coming on here much. I want to be a positive contribtor not a moaning misery guts.

I am getting excited about the cruise and i know it is going to do us both a lot of good. I see it as an escape really and we could do with that.

So, I'm kind of around but not a lot.

Thanks for caring, it means a lot.

Hi Barb Im sorry your having a tough time at the minute. In the present climate theres an awful lot in the same boat we just have to ride out the storm somehow but this is your diary and you can be a moaning minnie if you want its good to talk, sending you lots of luv and support xxx

Thanks everyone. I wasn't doing too badly till this morning when we had a phone call to say DS2 is in hospital with a close range air rifle injury to his leg. He is being operated on this afternoon. It just goes on and on, just when I think things are getting better this happens. I am sure he will be fine but we are going away very soon and he is going to need looking after. He did last time we went away too - collapsed unconcious 24 hours before we were due to fly to Vancouver!
Well, lets get today done, get him home, hopefully in a day or two depending in his need for IV antibiotics. Then I can maybe, see the wood for the trees.

Diet? What diet?

am sorry to hear that barb. but you will get through this and get on your holiday. big hug.

abz xx

Sorry been awol. Finally got DS2 home from hosp today. He is ok, had his op and is feeling fairly well. Just eaten a massive bacon baquette, which I take to be a good sign!

Back on wednesday to have the dressing checked and then 2 weeks later to consultant! Phew - it's been a nightmare few days but I think i can now start thinking about packing!

Sorry i have been away so much - when I get back from the cruise I will try to be more organised. Thank you for all your support - I really, really appreciate it.

I am going to drop by a few diaries now and then say cheerio for a bit.
Love to all

I'm back! Had an amazing time - ate and drank far too much, but walked miles!
Will get back on here properly in the next day or 2 and catch up with everyone. Have gained about 3lbs - so not bad but am so not in a dieting mood. Oh dear, here we go again..............

Back