Bars add more carbs?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kadmus, 1 June 2009 Social URL.

1. kadmus

kadmus Full Member

Hi everyone,

I work with a guy who did lighterlife and he told me not to have any bars as they are higher in carbs and therefore slow down your weightloss. I have been having hunger pangs, though I haven't cheated, and was going to order some bars to at least get something solid in my tummy. Does anyone know if it's true they slow down the weight loss?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    NOPE!

I have never had a problem with the bars and weight loss, as long as you stick to the recommended 1 a day. worried about the carbs then get the crunch ones.

4. kadmus

kadmus Full Member

Thanks, Lexie, for the speedy reply. I will go ahead and get the bars then. Which do you recommend??

5. tryer

tryer Silver Member

your gonna have to see which ones you like, but the ones with the least calories/carbs are the peanut bar and the cranberry bar.
    plus don't forget to drink you extra water to make up for the lack of water that you would have got if it was a shake.

6. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    For me, having Bars has never made any difference at all to my weight loss. The only thing I would say is don't start with bars for at least 10 days or so, so you are nicely in Keytosis, as they do conatin more carbs.

7. liz1987

liz1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Personally, I love the peanut ones...
    I think KD said at somepoint than the peanut bars have less carbs in that a shake?
    Personally I'd try a selection you first week, then you will know which ones you prefer. I did this for first week, but now have 7 peanut bars a week because I love love love them lol

8. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Well the bars did make a difference to my weightloss, the two weeks that I had them my weightloss slowed down, so I gave them up. I didn't find them as filling as the shakes anyway and was always hungry after I had eaten them.... they just weren't worth it to me, quicker weightloss was more important. But when you are on maintenance I think they may be a good idea...

9. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Hi, I tried the bars last week and I still lost 4lb as I did the week before when I didn't have them. I think as long as you don't have them until week 3 you will be fine.

Everybody's body reacts differently so give it a go. Bare in mind though that sometimes you may not have lost as much one week not due to any reason but because you may have had a big loss recently and you can't have a big loss all the time so it's going to vary.

Peanut and Cranberry by the way are yum. Good luck Zoe xx

10. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    The bars slow my weight loss down also, so I steer clear now. Everyone is different, so see how you go :)

xx

11. sandypops

sandypops Loves life......

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi

I live for my bar each night and cannot imagine not having them. They are what keeps me going all day. I do enjoy the peanut and cranberry the best but also have toffee to try and vary it. The Cranberry has the least calories in. I lost 4lbs last week and had a bar a day plus added a meal most days so like everyone else says it is different for each person so you need to try it for a week and see how you go........good luck.............x

12. wellandgood

wellandgood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.38%)
    Diet:
    WW points
    you know I see this all the time. Just look at the sachet carbs and carbs in the cranberry or peanut bars, they are the same!! So therefore how can they affect weight loss? Just add water.Simples

13. sandypops

sandypops Loves life......

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    wellandgood

I was referring to the actual diff in calories in bars not shakes..............topic is bars. Personally I think my success so far has been down to that bar each night with my cuppa.......................S

14. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the bars and they haven't made any difference to my weight loss. They really helped me overcome my feeling of loss at no longer have sweets/chocolate every evening and now I look forward to them as an evening treat.

15. Dotty1836

Dotty1836 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(24.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    ;)Hi everyone,
    I started having bars a couple of weeks ago and they don't seem to have made any difference to my weight loss so far.
    I've tried toffee, chocolate, caramel and cranberry - all lovely and I really enjoy them. They're so easy to take out with you and I always cut mine up into small pieces and put them in a plastic bag in the fridge.
    Every morning I just pick one out of the fridge for my lunch and make sure I put it in the fridge when I get to work. It's always a surprise when lunchtime comes as I don't know what flavour I'm having and I can read a book, catch up on letter writing or just go for a walk down by the sea (lucky to work on the Suffolk coast) whilst munching.
    Would really recommend trying them if you haven't already.
    Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight loss.
    xx

16. passionflower

passionflower Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(16.86%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I have just started having bars this week and OMG they are just fabulous!!! I compared the carbs with the shakes and not much difference between them. I have been having one every day since Friday and I have dropped 2.5 lbs so far. I have heard that some people are carb sensitive so I guess it does depend,try them you will love them for sure

17. kadmus

kadmus Full Member

Thanx everyone, on the whole it seems they make no difference to most people so I will order a selection and see how it goes!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.