Bars add more carbs?

kadmus

Hi everyone,

I work with a guy who did lighterlife and he told me not to have any bars as they are higher in carbs and therefore slow down your weightloss. I have been having hunger pangs, though I haven't cheated, and was going to order some bars to at least get something solid in my tummy. Does anyone know if it's true they slow down the weight loss?

NOPE!

I have never had a problem with the bars and weight loss, as long as you stick to the recommended 1 a day. worried about the carbs then get the crunch ones.

your gonna have to see which ones you like, but the ones with the least calories/carbs are the peanut bar and the cranberry bar.
plus don't forget to drink you extra water to make up for the lack of water that you would have got if it was a shake.

For me, having Bars has never made any difference at all to my weight loss. The only thing I would say is don't start with bars for at least 10 days or so, so you are nicely in Keytosis, as they do conatin more carbs.

Personally, I love the peanut ones...
I think KD said at somepoint than the peanut bars have less carbs in that a shake?
Personally I'd try a selection you first week, then you will know which ones you prefer. I did this for first week, but now have 7 peanut bars a week because I love love love them lol

Well the bars did make a difference to my weightloss, the two weeks that I had them my weightloss slowed down, so I gave them up. I didn't find them as filling as the shakes anyway and was always hungry after I had eaten them.... they just weren't worth it to me, quicker weightloss was more important. But when you are on maintenance I think they may be a good idea...

Hi, I tried the bars last week and I still lost 4lb as I did the week before when I didn't have them. I think as long as you don't have them until week 3 you will be fine.

Everybody's body reacts differently so give it a go. Bare in mind though that sometimes you may not have lost as much one week not due to any reason but because you may have had a big loss recently and you can't have a big loss all the time so it's going to vary.

Peanut and Cranberry by the way are yum. Good luck Zoe xx

The bars slow my weight loss down also, so I steer clear now. Everyone is different, so see how you go :)

xx

Hi

I live for my bar each night and cannot imagine not having them. They are what keeps me going all day. I do enjoy the peanut and cranberry the best but also have toffee to try and vary it. The Cranberry has the least calories in. I lost 4lbs last week and had a bar a day plus added a meal most days so like everyone else says it is different for each person so you need to try it for a week and see how you go........good luck.............x

you know I see this all the time. Just look at the sachet carbs and carbs in the cranberry or peanut bars, they are the same!! So therefore how can they affect weight loss? Just add water.Simples

wellandgood

I was referring to the actual diff in calories in bars not shakes..............topic is bars. Personally I think my success so far has been down to that bar each night with my cuppa.......................S

I love the bars and they haven't made any difference to my weight loss. They really helped me overcome my feeling of loss at no longer have sweets/chocolate every evening and now I look forward to them as an evening treat.

;)Hi everyone,
I started having bars a couple of weeks ago and they don't seem to have made any difference to my weight loss so far.
I've tried toffee, chocolate, caramel and cranberry - all lovely and I really enjoy them. They're so easy to take out with you and I always cut mine up into small pieces and put them in a plastic bag in the fridge.
Every morning I just pick one out of the fridge for my lunch and make sure I put it in the fridge when I get to work. It's always a surprise when lunchtime comes as I don't know what flavour I'm having and I can read a book, catch up on letter writing or just go for a walk down by the sea (lucky to work on the Suffolk coast) whilst munching.
Would really recommend trying them if you haven't already.
Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight loss.
xx

I have just started having bars this week and OMG they are just fabulous!!! I compared the carbs with the shakes and not much difference between them. I have been having one every day since Friday and I have dropped 2.5 lbs so far. I have heard that some people are carb sensitive so I guess it does depend,try them you will love them for sure

Thanx everyone, on the whole it seems they make no difference to most people so I will order a selection and see how it goes!

Back