Bars

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
I tried bars this week, 4/28 of my packs were bars, was literally to try. I'm not impressed with them really!!

I'm sure they've made me feel hungry :confused: is this normal?

Also, my lil mate who is doing LL and isn't internet savvy asks if you can only have 1 bar a day? Anyone know?

Yes, it's just one bar a day (higher carb count in the bars). I find that they make me a bit gassy and my tummy puffs up but they are so handy to have if you are out and about (I do quite a bit of driving for work for example). Make sure you drink lots of water when you have your bar. My favourite is the nut fudge. They are there to serve a purpose and nourish us, not to taste nice!

They are there to serve a purpose and nourish us, not to taste nice!

Absolutely brilliant - I hadn't really thought about the packs like that. Thank you.

Exactly Loula. You've got it. :p

I haven't tried the bars yet as we're "not aloud" them until out second week...
Any suggestions on flavours apart from nut fudge..? Are they worth it..? do they all taste bad..? lol

Hiya Lozz...

I like them all, to different degrees... I think it's worth trying one of each and seeing if you like them... I didn't like the idea of the lemon one to start with, so only tried it this week (my 7th week on LL!) and boy, was I missing a delight! Especially if I make it into little lemon biscuits, just perfect... (If you don't know how to do these, but want to know, I, or someone, will post up how for you...) :)

So, yeah, try them all... worse case scenario, you don't like one, but at least you'll know. And if you have 2 of any you're not so keen on, most LLC are happy to do a mid-week exchange...

After all, it's true enough that these bars etc are mainly for nutrients, but it shouldn't make us miserable, by eating stuff we don't like... I find enjoying my packs every day makes the diet easier... and keeps me happier... They're a means to an end, but this is also 6+ months of my life, and I don't wanna be chewing on tasteless cardboard or sipping the same old drink day in day out, when I can vary how I prepare stuff... and make it more pleasant... The diet is hard enough as it is... You know? :D

Just my 2p's worth... ;)

xx

Thanks for that pinkie!!!

I would like to know how to make the biscuits (yum yum) ;) (if you dont mind!) :party0049:

What a great night i've learnt so much today on minimins lol!
LOVES IT!!!

Thanks for that pinkie!!!

I would like to know how to make the biscuits (yum yum) ;) (if you dont mind!) :party0049:

What a great night i've learnt so much today on minimins lol!
LOVES IT!!!
Aww, glad to be able to help Lozz!

Here's the recipe hunny... copied and pasted from 'lighterlifecommunity' forum, where it was posted by a member called 'Bigsis'... ;)

"30 - 50 MINI LEMON BISCUITS!:

Here's how to do it....

Unwrap your bar, turn it upside down on a chopping board.

Cut it length ways with a sharp knife,

Then if you look closely you should see faint lines going widthways along the bar. Cut along thes faint lines, and you should have approx 30 tiny pieces.

Put these on your microwave turntable (ideally put some telflon paper on first if you have any) Make sure you lie the pieces on their sides so the fondant icing is around the sides of the pieces, not the top.

Microwave them for 1 minute 30 seconds (if you have a 800w microwave) less if yours is 1000w.

I love to watch them as they cook... you will see the tiny pieces expand to 3-4 times their original size. They won't turn brown unless you've microwaved them too long - then they are burnt!!!!

I find if I have abar as it is.... it's eaten in approx 10 bites. Whereas I end up with loads of biscuits. In fact, I have now adapted my recipe so when cutting my bar up I get 50 tiny thin pieces... yes 50 pieces.. I still cook them for 1 minute 30 seconds and I end up with 50 mini lemon chewy biscuits.

I store them in an airtight tub in the fridge and take a tub with me whenever I go out, eg the pub, pictures, day out, work meetings, anywhere where there's a buffet etc. Ideal if you won't be able to mix up a food pack. Or..... sometimes I have a tub with a cuppa when I'm at home watching TV or blogging on this site. I love them... and think that's what's helped me on my LL journey so far... a food that I can chew/bite on.

I make sure I only have one bar worth of biscuits a day.

I tend to make all my bars into biscuits on the day I return home with my new supplies of foodpack/bars. So I have a shelf in my fridge with tubs of biscuits... all ready and waiting for me.. when I need them."

Good luck... :D

xx

Hmmmmm I might try making the biscuits out of the toffee one :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooooo Lovely....
....Roll on Monday x :drool:

Good idea mags! They do crisp up lovely, if you can master the correct microwaving time... I did mine in 2 lots, and the second lot burned as the microwave was already hot I think... dunno, but black billowing smoke was not a good sign! LOL!! I am the worst cook in the world though, so doubt you'll struggle!

Just watch them carefully... And it's totally worth it... ;)

Good luck Lozz, reckon you'll be really pleased with them! :)

xx

OMG I've just discovered my new favourite breakfast meal!!!

Porridge with half a crushed crispy peanut bar in it!
Lush!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't sound like "diet food" !! x;)

OMG I've just discovered my new favourite breakfast meal!!!

Porridge with half a crushed crispy peanut bar in it!
Lush!!!!!!!!!!
Yummm! What a great idea... trying that in the morning! I love non-diet tasting diet good!! Hehe... ;)

Thanks for posting Mags! :D

Xx

I haven't tried the bars yet as we're "not aloud" them until out second week...
Any suggestions on flavours apart from nut fudge..? Are they worth it..? do they all taste bad..? lol
Peanut is delish!!!!

hopefully I'll get the new bar this week. Tried the cranberry for the first time this week, and it is too tasty! I think i might need to allow myself only one of those per week.

Oooo lovely im going to my first weigh in tonight so will try one of each I think!

Wish me Luck!!! :scale: :cross:

Back