BaysideJ's Diary- one year on plan!!!!(most of the time)

i know what you mean about trying on clothes in the shops Marie. I have no idea what size to pick up! Some clothes fit in a 16 but others a 14 is ok. I have to stop myself taking 18's in, they are way too big now. but my brain hasn't caught up! I also think the people at the changing rooms must think "why is she even bothering to try on a 14, she's too fat!!" paranoid!!!!!!

No major plans for the day. It's WI tomorrow so hoping to lose a bit.

well i've lost another 3lbs, which is over 2 weeks as i couldn't get to wi last week due to snow. I'm pleased with that and have been trying really hard to stick to plan.

Well done on your loss hun! Just been reading through your diary as you always give me such lovely comments and motivation! You truly are an inspiration and you look amazing in your pics xx

thanks for the kind comments, i'm almost 1 year in to my SW journey now and will update my photo for the anniversary lol:) I've lost over a stone since the last pic so hopefully it shows a bit. So , 2 more weeks and then i'll update my pics, hope to get my 5 and a half stone award for the the big day:) 2 lbs to go.

Woohoo!!!!!! Well done hun, that is a fantastic loss! Looking forward to seeing your new pics ~ I just know you will get your new award in time for your SW anniversary! Hope you are enjoying being off, xx

Hello Bayside, well done on that super 3lb loss :D :D

As you've been on the plan for almost a year I like to follow your progress because I do worry that I'm going to reach a stage where I feel fed up so I tend to look to you for inspiration that if you can keep going at it then so can I :)

Looking forward to seeing those anniversary photos and will check on your progress after weigh in day. Best of luck x

Hi Bayside, your size reduction in inches is astounding, and a great idea. Like Marie I sadly didn't think to take my measurements at the start, although I know from the clothes that now fit/don't fit it has been a lot.

Also well done for losing another 3lbs, I read somewhere that 1.5lb per week is the optimum amount to lose in order to keep it off.

Seems you too have refound your mojo after temporarily losing it. It is such a pleasure to follow SW with the mojo lol, not so good or easy without though.

Race you to the 5½ stone award :D

well, the mojo is there most of the time but keeps going awol. went for a lovely curry last night so once again not on plan 100%. Back to work tomorrow so will try to be good till Wednesday again.

well, was following plan for the rest of the week after the curry, sadly stayed the same. AF is lurking and i'm retaining water too. Bought a 12 week countdown today and really want to shift a stone in that time so that's what i'll aim for.

We were visited by our Kent woman of the year tonight, a real inspiration having lost over 10 stone, she looks fab. It took her 5 years to get there but she did it in the end.

I'm determined to get to target before my summer holiday in August!Hope you are all having a great week.

Sorry to be dim, maybe a guy thing perhaps, but what is AF? Same as star week? Do you women write in codes so we don't understand? There really is no need, we don't normally listen anyway lol

Having been 100% since your curry I can see a STS not impressing you too much but, and without knowing what AF is of course, weight does naturally fluctuate a couple of pounds either way anyway. I'm certain you have enough confidence in the plan and in yourself by now to know that is DOES WORK, and you just need to carry on the way you are going and it will only be a matter of time before you lose the weight you want.

I would imagine your bigger problem is going to be stopping at goal weight, rather than carrying on losing!

Good idea picking up a countdown, I have one too, and shall get another when this one runs out. Big outlay of course, but not having to find the money on WI nights is great, and you get two weeks free. I'm sure the SWC's grimace when you take those. I like to point mine out to her lol

Have a great week Bayside :D

AF is indeed star week, the dreaded water retention week.

Was good till the weekend then had a bit of a belgian chocolate munch and had 4 cans of lager over 2 days. Didn't write anything down this week so will have to get back to plan from Wednesday.
I've now updated my photos in my profile to show how i've changed over the 1 year on plan so take a look and see if you can see any difference :)

Good luck for tomorrow Bayside - I tried looking at your photos but had problems doing so. Probably my inability to do it rather than anything else!

Congrats on sticking to plan for a year. Funny when you imagine being on a diet for a year it just seems such a mountain to climb but I'm coming up to six months now and it has flown by.

Keep up the good work xx

well i lost half a pound so am now back to the weight i was on 23rd December:) now i will hopefully shift some more pounds. Have been out walking more this week despite the freezing temperature, roll on the lighter evenings so that we can walk along the beach again.

So, one year into plan and i have lost 5 stone 5 and a half pounds, shame i spent the last 2 months re losing the 12 lbs i gained over xmas or it would be over 6 stone now.

Back