BBQ Recipes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by SkinnyMoo, 25 April 2009 Social URL.

1. SkinnyMoo

SkinnyMoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am planning my very first SW BBQ next weekend and want some ideas for alternatives. I already have:

Low fat sausages
    Homemade burgers (any help with how to keep them whole would be fantastic!)
    Diet Coke chicken kebabs

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Syn free BBQ kebabs, home made burgers with chilli and garlic, home made burgers stuffed with cheese. hope that helps hun. :D

4. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Oh and we had lamb steaks with hot italin rub the other week think these would work well on a bbq.

5. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Steak with a schwartz seasoning would be nice.

We are going to a BBQ tonight & I have made turkey mince & pork mince burgers - I did it by using a 500g pack of each mince, add a chopped red chilli, salt & pepper, finely chopped chives & then I mashed it all together by hand until nice & smooth & put a mini babybel in the middle of each burger so when they cook the cheese will melt nicely.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

6. couscous

couscous Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro-Points WW
    when i do homemade burgers i mash up the mince and mix diced onion, chilli, garlic etc and any dried herbs I have hanging around. Then beat and egg and mix it into the burger (sometimes you don't need all of it so add it slowly) and mix together. The egg helps to bind it and hold it together and is free!

These are one of my fav's and if you use decent quality mince you know exactly whats in it and none of the nasty additives. My bf loves chilli so i normally add quite big chunks to a few of his to give them a kick

7. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chicken tikka kebabs are LUSH!! I made them last Sunday and my OH and I thought they were brilliant. You can't tell they're free at all!!!
    150g VLF nat yog
    2 tsp grated ginger
    2 grated garlic cloves
    2 tbsp passata
    Curry powder (original recipe says 2-3 tbsp of Tikka powder or medium-hot, but I used 4 tbsps of mild as I had it in the cupboard!)
    700g chicken

Mix together all the spices etc in a bowl or tupperware pot, add small chunks of chicken and leave in the fridge overnight (or for as long as you've got) Then thread them onto skewers and cook on the BBQ.

You can also add pieces of onion and pepper if you like. I chose not to as I find they burn and I don't like them! I put them in a salad instead.

They are great served with SW raita dip... nat yog, mint and grated cucumber all mixed up. You might want to add a tiny bit of sweetener (I do!)

Also, I make SW coleslaw (carrot, onion and white cabbage grated up and stirred into From Frais, with a little salad cream on light mayo if desired) and potato salad (new pots with chives and FF, salt and pepper and salad cream)

All free or low syn and all yummy!!!

Oooooh... and burgers... I don't make them, but my OH does nice ones, and he always uses an egg to bind them, along with some onion and worcester sauce to add taste to the beef mince.

Enjoy your BBQ, fingers croseed for good weather!

Emma xXx

8. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Asda do beautiful king prawn sweet chilli kebabs 4 in a box in the frozed dept for £2 just 1 syn per kebab.They are all ready to go on the bbq.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.