BBQ

MumTums

Its been gorgeous here past few days so we had a BBQ earlier & it was GREAT!!! I made sure i was on a red day & stuffed my face with syn free sausages, bacon, chicken, salad... mmm it was yummy :p who said you cant eat nice food when dieting, i love SW!!

Has anyone else had a BBQ this weekend? x

I wish I had but we are overhauling the garden in our new house so its not poss atm!

Yours sounded great! Glad you are enjoying the plan x

I did the Chicken and Pepper kebabs recipe in this months magazine and they were really delicious. We also had Morrisons syn free diet sausages with lots of salad. Slimming World is so great for BBQs. Unfortunately I also put away most of a bottle of wine as well, so I've been cutting back on my syns to make up for it.

Nope but i will be having one within next couple of days as i get my new gas bbq tomorrow woooohoooo. But my sister who's also on sw had one today for her breakfast..... yer her breakfast lol :)

We had a BBQ yesterday, LOVE 'em on SW. EE makes it so easy to have a really enjoyable meal. I made Jerk chicken, BBQ ribs, trout fillets, rice salad, tabbouleh, canarian potatoes and mixed salad. Mmmmmm :)

Another lovely day, i love this weather!!

Had a bbq yesterday and got burnt myself never mind the meat lol toasted lol

canarian potatoes Mmmmmm :)

How do you do them? as im sure these are what me and my dad used to always have in lanzarote!!!!! thanks :)

We had a bbq yesterday, the only problem is though, alcohol tends to flow a little more freely and I always end up using most of my syns.

How do you do them? as im sure these are what me and my dad used to always have in lanzarote!!!!! thanks :)

Yes that's them! You need LOTS of salt, traditionally they are cooked in sea water but unless you live near the coast, you need to use regular salt. Add your new potatoes to a saucepan with water and keep adding salt until the potatoes float in the water, bring to the boil and cook until done. Drain off most of the water, add some more salt and reduce heat until water has boiled away. Cover with a tea towel for 15 mins to give them the classic wrinkly skin.

If you are cutting down all salt for health reasons... this is not the dish to eat. Very tasty once in a while ;)

I love BBQ's! They really get you in that summer mood! I had a green day BBQ the other day. Got a red day one coming up soon, I know I can have the quorn sausages but can I have something like aberdeen angus burgers and things like that? You know... the 100% beef burgers? Are there any free red day meats I can shove on the BBQ apart from steak?

Hi Sarah-Jayne,

You could make your own burgers using extra lean mince, seasoning and herbs. You could marinate some chicken breasts or skinless thighs/drumsticks, salmon or other fish, seasoned with lemon etc, wrap it well in foil and bake for 15-20 mins.

Loads you can do for a BBQ. Love them :)

I love them ideas! *Adds to your rep*
Ive tried making my own burgers in the past but they keep falling apart lol.

your burgers should stay together if you really sqwish the mince, herbs and garlic ect or whatever your adding with ur hands. some ppl on here have said about adding an egg to help bind them but i find i never need to add egg. hope that helps hun :)

Back