Beating the Bulge... once and for all

Well done Becca - sounds like you will achieve your goals with the determination I feel you have - looking forward to reading your updates

Elspeth xx

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Cheered me up quite a bit.

I like the idea of the Success Express Dawn, just had a look on the website and am going to try and do that today, and possibly a few days this week. I've got some work later in the week so should be able to encorporate that eating plan quite easily!

Good idea about posting my meals, I think it might help me actually. Just going to sit down with Mum and plan this week's dinners. Hopefully it should get me going for the week. I'm planning on a Wii session today, and maybe a kettlebell one - don't fancy trekking out into the snow just yet!

And i guess STS is much better than gaining. Ah well, onwards and upwards ey!

x

Yeah Mum's doing it too, and Dad (but he'll eat anything that's put in front of him tbh)

I looked into the Success Express and like the sound of it, so am going to have a couple of days this week doing it. Also had a chat with the madre and she likes the sound of it - reckons we're over loading on carbs and it's bloating us. Worked out can have 2 hex b's and one or two hex a's. Going to try to have between 5-15 syns a day.

So today's food is as follows: Bolded my SF, italised my Free

Breakfast: Cinammon Porridge: 35g plain porridge oats (hex b) 100ml full fat milk (part hex a) cinammon with sliced apple, banana and strawberries.

Lunch: Beef Salad: radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, celery, green beans, red pepper with 2 slices of leftover beef from yesterday's roast + 1/2 syn reduced fat dressing

Dinner: Yellow Chicken Curry from SW mag: chicken breast, tin toms, butternut squash, onions, mushrooms, low fat coconut milk (1 syn)
with
Sukki gobi: Cauliflower and brocolli dry fried in chillies, ginger and garlic and cumin seeds

Snacks: Pumpkin ryvita (hex b 2) with cottage cheese with pineapple (1/2 syn) carrot sticks. Hot choc with (65ml hex a) 5 syns. Mullerlight yoghurt with berries

Total week syns = 7/105
:eek:

Yeah Mum's doing it too, and Dad (but he'll eat anything that's put in front of him tbh)

I looked into the Success Express and like the sound of it, so am going to have a couple of days this week doing it. Also had a chat with the madre and she likes the sound of it - reckons we're over loading on carbs and it's bloating us. Worked out can have 2 hex b's and one or two hex a's. Going to try to have between 5-15 syns a day.

Breakfast: Cinammon Porridge: 35g plain porridge oats (hex b) 100ml full fat milk (part hex a) cinammon with sliced apple, banana and strawberries.

Lunch: Beef Salad: radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, celery, green beans, red pepper with 2 slices of leftover beef from yesterday's roast + 1/2 syn reduced fat dressing

Dinner: Yellow Chicken Curry from SW mag: chicken breast, tin toms, butternut squash, onions, mushrooms, low fat coconut milk (1 syn)
with
Sukki gobi: Cauliflower and brocolli dry fried in chillies, ginger and garlic and cumin seeds

Snacks: Pumpkin ryvita (hex b 2) with cottage cheese with pineapple (1/2 syn) carrot sticks. Hot choc with (65ml hex a) 5 syns. Mullerlight yoghurt with berries

Total week syns = 7/105
Sounds great, if u were to swap hot choc for light hot choc for example options that's only 2 syns xxx

Sounds great, if u were to swap hot choc for light hot choc for example options that's only 2 syns xxx

Thanks! Trying to use up the last of what's in the cupboards, and I figured after the end of cold day it might be nice to indulge.

Have you tried any of the different flavoured options? Recommend any
?

Hi Becca...

I'm going to try one of the cadburys highlights hoc choccie tonight for 2 syns...and I have some light anchor squirty cream which is 1 syn for 12.5g (a decent amount!)...which feels like an extra special low syn treat! Will let you know how it tastes later! Xxx

with

Total week syns = 7/105

Thanks! Trying to use up the last of what's in the cupboards, and I figured after the end of cold day it might be nice to indulge.

Have you tried any of the different flavoured options? Recommend any
?
I've tried mint and hazelnut (could have been limited ed?) they were both yummy. Xxxx

Have you tried any of the different flavoured options? Recommend any?

Hmmm ... Chocolate options are YUMMY!!!

My favourites are coconut, Belgium choc and dreamy caramel. They're all 2 syns each. I also like chocolate fudge, chocolate banoffee and chocolate brownie... But they're all 3 syns per serving.

The other REALLY nice drink I LOVE is cadburys caramel highlights.

The only options I don't like is the white one as I find it a bit sickly. Having said that, I buy loads of it as I mix a sachet into a tub of Total 0% yoghurt and add sweetener ... Makes it really creamy and gorgeous on fruit or SW pancakes.

I love your food planning btw :) and I'm glad you fancy trying a few SEx days too! They normally help to get things moving but they're not for the faint hearted. I like the fact u can still have 2 hexA's and 2 hexB's on SEx days and its not that hard to get the 2/3rds SF in. I hope you get on with it ok xxx

Oh wow, I didn't know there were so many kinds of hot chocs!! Thanks guys. Must go and investigate pronto. I had a lovely hot choc last night with a sainsburys caramel bite whilst I watched Miranda. nom nom nom. So yesterday's syns came to 10 1/2

I had a job interview today, so was quite stressed this morning and surprised myself that a decent breakfast helped me feel much better! Going to have an extra treat this evening as a well done on it going smoothly! Not decided what it will be, but something chocolately I think!

SEx is going well. Decided to do it again today and then spend the rest of the week on EE. I'm working for the next 4 days and it's easier to do EE in M&S without my colleagues thinking I'm eating rabbit food. All for promoting SW whenever I can in the best possible light.

Breakfast: Magic pancakes (hex b) with loads of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, a bananna and a spoon of low fat yoghurt and honey (2 1/2 syns)

Lunch: Giant cous cous, with roast vegetables and a massive side salad.

Dinner: Teriakyi salmon(1/2 syn) withnoodles and a stir fry with some cabbage and asparagus on the side.

Snacks: Small skinny latte from Costa (hex a) (4syns), Nutella on remainder of magic pancakes (4yns), pumpkin ryvita (hex b 2), cottage cheese with pineapple (1/2 syn) and a chopped apple

Total weekly syns: 22/105

Right, off to investigate some low syn baking so I can have little treats at work this week

x Becca

Brilliant days food again Becca! Love the variety you're getting with your meals xxx

Variety is the spice of life. :) I'm a massive foodie and when I have the time, will probably trawl through my recipe books and see what I can adapt to SW.

I think I got the giant cous cous from Waitrose. I love it and throughly recommend everyone eat it. I first had it in an M&S salad so trawled supermarkets for the stuff, so I could make my own salads.

The baking went great! I made some "passion cakes" I found on the SW site, only 1 1/2 syns per muffin. Basically carrot cake with a quark topping, but I figured I'll take them to work so when we have a coffee break (I'm a production runner so I have to run to Costa every now and again) everyone can eat their fancy Costa cakes and I can chow down on my guilt free cake. I'm an evil genius me.
:D

My rugby training was cancelled tonight
:cry:, meaning I ended up going to my old club and trianing with the men. Usually would be an ideal scenario but my word was it painful! Had to use really high weights and just do less reps on all the strength work. Going to feel dead tomorrow, so I think a quick yoga sesh on the Wii before work may be a must. Either that I'll be walking like a robot all day!!

Hope you've all had a wonderful day.

x

One Passion Cake, aka Carrot Muffin recipe. (I copied and pasted from the site)
Serves: 8
Cook time: 30 minutes, plus cooling time
Syns per serving:

Green: 1.5
Original: 1.5

[h=3]ingredients[/h] 3 medium eggs
6 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
85g/3oz self-raising wholemeal flour
2 tsp ground mixed spice
170g/6oz grated carrot
113g/4oz quark skimmed milk soft cheese
1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence

[h=3]method[/h] 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line eight deep muffin tins with paper cases. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and 6tbsp artificial sweetener until pale, thick and frothy - the mixture should be thick enough to hold a trail from the beaters.
2. Sieve in the flour and mixed spice, adding any husks that remain behind in the sieve. Add the carrot (reserving some for decoration) and, using a metal spoon, gently fold the ingredients together using a figure-of-eight action, taking care not to beat the mixture.
3. Spoon into the muffin cases to fill them and bake for 20 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Set aside to cool in the tin.
4. Meanwhile, make the frosting: beat together the quark, vanilla essence and 1 tbsp sweetener and chill in the fridge until required.
5. To serve, spread some of the frosting over each muffin and sprinkle with a little of the reserved grated carrot to decorate.

Tip: Once frosted, store the muffins in the fridge. They will keep for 3-4 days - if you can leave them that long!

If preferred, replace the mixed spice with ground ginger or cinnamon for a different flavour.

Becca I can't read your blog...any idea why?! I can read some people's....but when I click on the little 4 in your stats, it takes me to the 'you're getting this cos you're a new member and you don't have the right privileges' page! :-( sob xx

Becca I can't read your blog...any idea why?! I can read some people's....but when I click on the little 4 in your stats, it takes me to the 'you're getting this cos you're a new member and you don't have the right privileges' page! :-( sob xx
I couldn't do certain things like make a profile pic or look at people's profiles until I'd made enough posts but doesn't like that would be the problem with this? How random x

I got the job!!

Bah, so excited. Had an interview for a job yesterday and I got it. Over the moon. 5 weeks of work, starting Monday!

First thought that came into my head?... I can't wait to start thinking of SW pack lunches.

In regards to my blog - I have no idea why that's happening?! My blog's pretty much just a more rambling me, lol.

Back