Beating the Bulge... once and for all

Ooh that's fantastic news! Well done you!!

Tell us all about it then!!! Xx

Afternoon,

Food updates:

Yesterday (EE)
B: Slice of toast (hex b) with beans, grilled mushrooms and a sausage (4syns)
L: Greek salad from M&S no dressing, 1/2 syn for olives, feta (hex a) and roast chicken pieces
D: Pork tray bake with asparagus (1syn)
S: 1.5 syn muffin, chocolate (6syns)
Day total: 13syns
Week syns: 37/105

Today (EE)

B: 35g porridge oats (hex b) with cinammon using 175ml full fat milk (hex a) and a sliced apple. Banana
L: M&S salad, no dressing with chilli prawns (2syns)
D: Liver and bacon with spring onion mash, grilled tomatoes and steamed cabbage
S: grapes, 1.5 syn muffin
Day syns: 3.5syns
Weekly syns: 40.5/105

As far as my new job goes, it's as a logger for a production company.

I work in television, so I'm a sort of freelancer. I say sort of because I'm new to the industry and you have to start at the very bottom. Since graduating I've mainly been a production runner for various companies - getting a week's work here and there. Most of the time I'm making teas for the crew, or looking after the general public that are being filmed; sometimes helping out with paperwork etc.

This new job is a garaunteed 5 weeks of work (my longest contract yet) with a possibility of extra. Very exciting. I'll mainly be watching unedited footage and logging them into a database to make it easier for the production team and editing staff to work with.

Cannot wait!

As far as my new job goes, it's as a logger for a production company.

I work in television, so I'm a sort of freelancer. I say sort of because I'm new to the industry and you have to start at the very bottom. Since graduating I've mainly been a production runner for various companies - getting a week's work here and there. Most of the time I'm making teas for the crew, or looking after the general public that are being filmed; sometimes helping out with paperwork etc.

This new job is a garaunteed 5 weeks of work (my longest contract yet) with a possibility of extra. Very exciting. I'll mainly be watching unedited footage and logging them into a database to make it easier for the production team and editing staff to work with.

Cannot wait!

Where abouts do you live, anywhere near high Wycombe? My brother is in a similar industry and was freelance to start with but got there eventually! Xxx

Where abouts do you live, anywhere near high Wycombe? My brother is in a similar industry and was freelance to start with but got there eventually! Xxx[/SIZE]

I live in Bromley, but work in town. I've been working as a runner for just under 2 years now, I know my time will come soon. I love what I do, so every experience is that little step closer to where I want to me.

Off on a location shoot tomorrow, so food is going to be a bloody nightmare. Luckily have lots of syns left for the week, so worst comes to worst I syn everything. Had a naughty step on the scales this morning, and I seem to be losing - this has given me motivation to not go crazy tomorrow. Think I'm going to buy some healthy snacks later to have in my bag in case the food is really bad.

Hope ya'll okay. Probably won't post now until Monday. Have an awesome weekend!!

I live in Bromley, but work in town. I've been working as a runner for just under 2 years now, I know my time will come soon. I love what I do, so every experience is that little step closer to where I want to me.

Off on a location shoot tomorrow, so food is going to be a bloody nightmare. Luckily have lots of syns left for the week, so worst comes to worst I syn everything. Had a naughty step on the scales this morning, and I seem to be losing - this has given me motivation to not go crazy tomorrow. Think I'm going to buy some healthy snacks later to have in my bag in case the food is really bad.

Hope ya'll okay. Probably won't post now until Monday. Have an awesome weekend!!

good luck with food and have fun on the shoot! Sounds very glam!!
And I'm the same as Emma...handy Alpen lights and apples always in the bottom of my bag!
Xxxx

Evening ya'll.

Finished my first day at the new job today, which was great. Am so tired now though, Saturday's shoot was exhausting. 21 hours on set. Bloody nightmare!

Anyways, no weight loss to report again this week. Slightly disappointed but I'm not surprised. I was 13st12 on Friday morning, which was amazing. However I know for a fact that the weekend buggered me up. In terms of catering, the healthiest options I could have set me back at least a days syns - but when you're working for so long you can't not eat something decent. So I didn't feel bad about that and had has less syns throughout the week to counteract this. However the danger appeared when we ended up working for 6 more hours than expected. At about midnight, i was starving hungry. My alpen bars were all gone, there was no fruit on set and the only thing to munch on were crisps and chocolates. Although I didn't have much, i know that was the issue.

Sunday was terrible. Went to bed at 5am, was up for my train at 9am. Got home about midday. I felt hungover all day I was that tired. Gulped down a sweet nero latte thing in the morning, couldnt stomach food until that evening. Had very little to eat, but gorged on chocolate that evening I felt so sorry myself!!

SO! Back on it this week and I am determined to be 100% all week. I've highlighted my weak areas. Firstly finding excuses for not doing exercise when my rugby is cancelled and secondly under estimating my syns. Hopefully this week will be better because I'm working 9-5 and can properly plan my meals.

Today was EE

Breakfast: 40g Golden Grahams (5.5 syns) and 175ml full fat milk (hex a) Banana
Lunch: Green salad, with raw brocolli, cabbage, mange tout, shredded carrot and roast chicken. Cherry muller light. Apple.
Dinner: Pork meatballs in tomato sauce with shredded courgette, tomato and pepper salad. Melon.
Snacks: Fruit salad. Apple. 2 Alpen light bars (hex b) Vanilla latte with skimmed milk (10syns) *I asked for a skinny cappuchino but the guy got it wrong and I was late for my train so drank it anyway. BAD REBECCA!!

Weekly syns: 15.5/105

I'm off to do my session of the 30 day shred now. Wish me luck!!

x

I don't think uve done bad at all, I think you've done well considering. I'm awful with no sleep, I swear less than 6 hrs and I'm a zombie all day, I just go into auto pilot, and if I stop to sit down, I'm asleep. Lol. Did you enjoy Saturday tho?

How is your new job going? Will be nice to have 9-5 for a little while for you, I'm sure that will help you shift a few lbs. xx

I don't think uve done bad at all, I think you've done well considering. I'm awful with no sleep, I swear less than 6 hrs and I'm a zombie all day, I just go into auto pilot, and if I stop to sit down, I'm asleep. Lol. Did you enjoy Saturday tho?

How is your new job going? Will be nice to have 9-5 for a little while for you, I'm sure that will help you shift a few lbs. xx

Aww, thanks love. I feel much better about things after the initial disappointment, it could have been much worse ey?

Saturday was incredible despite the stupid hours. It's for a programme about Pride and Prejudice, so there were gorgeous dresses and amazing sets to look at all day, so it wasnt all bad! Just slowly trying to catch up on sleep.

New job's going great. Feel a little in the deep end a bit, but the girl I'm working beneath (not literally) is in a similar position so I don't feel so bad about it. I'm just slogging away. Food wise this job is great as i means I can pre plan my lunch.

Are you feeling better?

Today was EE

Breakfast: Oatsosimple Apple and sultana (6.5syns) with 175ml full fat milk (hex a) 3 pumpkin ryvita (hex b) and cottage cheese with pineapple (.5syn)
Lunch: Roast Chicken salad with leftover rice (1 syn)
Dinner: Vegetable soup
Snacks: 1.5syn muffin. 2 snack a jacks caramel (5syns) apples, carrots, celery, yoghurt, figs

Weekly syns: 30/105

Had more syns than I wanted to today because I didn't realise how many syns the oatsosimple was. Thought about 3. Glad I checked after dinner otherwise I'd have gone mad with chocolate tonight!

Plan for tomorrow: EE

B: Bacon, beans and eggs. Banana
L: Plain cous cous with various cubed veg, salad and sardines in tomato sauce. Yoghurt
D: Sausage casserole (6syns)
S: 2 alpen bars (hex b), carrot sticks, sugar snap peas, apples, pear

Might have some choc tomorrow as some syns. Will see how I feel

Nighty night. x

That does sound like an amazing job on Saturday! Worth all the sleep deprivation. Lol. I'm feeling a lot better thanks! Managed a little shop at tescos yesterday, was well and truly ready to sit down when we got to the till, but that's the first time in weeks I've managed.

Your so good with all your super free! I need to take a leaf out of your book, been a bit lax with it lately. Think might do a little roast today so that will be a good way to get more in! :)

xx

Not so great day, hurt my back at rugby. Looking forward to the weekend. Just quick food update and to say I've been **** with any exercise so far and had 12 extra syns yesterday. Bad me.

B: Porridge and milk (hex a & b) banana
L: Mixed bean salad. Yoghurt. Apple
D: Leftovers of Sausage Casserole (5 syns) with rice and beans
S: 2 Alpen bars (7syns) 2 roast chicken thighs, satsumas

Weekly syns: 60/105

Bang on target with the syns - just coming to realise how much I would kid myself before!

x

I hope you've not hurt your back too bad sweetie x

Aw thanks hun. It's an injury I got at the end of last year that seems to have flared up. Scrum collapsed on me and I hyper extended my back - not fun! But am going to see my physio on Saturday so I'm sure after a massage he'll sort me out!

You feeling better?

Aw thanks hun. It's an injury I got at the end of last year that seems to have flared up. Scrum collapsed on me and I hyper extended my back - not fun! But am going to see my physio on Saturday so I'm sure after a massage he'll sort me out!

You feeling better?
Yeah getting there slowly. A massage sounds lovely :) the injury not soo much :-(
hoping to get back to work next week on light duties for a few hours a day, will be so nice to see people again. And I had wi tonight, and got SOTM, super shocked but happy xx

Made it through my first week of work... barely! So glad I can chill out. Decided not to go out with mates, want a well behaved weekend to prove how good I've been for the scales!!

B: Cinammon porridge (hex A&B) with sliced apple
L: Bean and rice salad with chicken thighs. Toffee muller and banana
D: Pesto cod with Spring onion mash, baked vine tomatoes, peas and broccolli. Toffee muller and banana (LOVE THIS PUD!)
S: 2alpen light bars (6syns) Options hot choc (2syns) Nectarine, apple, plums, sugarsnap peas, sliced carrot. Choc (7syns)

Weekly syns 75/105
Bang on target again! And not craving anything!?!?!?!?! Crazy times.

Attempting to make syn free ice cream this evening to have as a pud tomorrow. Regretting starting at 9pm to make it though as I have to stir every half an hour to stop large crystals! Duh. Also made up some sugar free rowntree jelly. So excited for that pudding.

x

Back