Becktoria's simply filling food diary

Sounds like a plan sometimes getting away from counting can be good to have a break. X

Thanks hon, I just can't get into the points counting at the minute and feeling really rebellious like, sod it I'll eat 12 bars of chocolate if I want to! So thought I'd ease up on myself a little. House is lovely and tidy, got all ingredients in for yummy healthy foods and so I feel a lot more in control already!

How is SW going? X

Sounds like a really sound plan, Bectoria. Are you going to be following SF and not counting points or following WW/ healthy eating principles and not counting points? Its something I have been considering myself as I find myself totting up the PPs on SF days as well most of the time and on meals out and stuff like that and I just can't remember any time that I haven't counted and controlled my food and that makes me feel a little insane! I was thinking about this yesterday and wondered how I used to plan my food a few years ago before it was based on some company's rules on what I should be eating. That was one of the reasons for switching from SW as I got a little frustrated with how obsessed I was to fitting food into Extra Easy, Red and Green days rather than just being based on what healthy food I wanted to eat. I also think that sometimes counting up the PPs or syns has made me more prone to eat a treat as if I am under or at my daily allowance as it almost feels necessary to have a treat as I have earnt it for being under my PPs. I do wonder how I would fare just trying to eat healthily for a while and not being so restrained. Will be interested to see how you find it this week.

And by the sounds of yesterday you did really well. It sounds like you kept control of what you ate, enjoyed it and if you did count it up you would probably be within your daily points anyway, or thereabouts.

Sounds like an interesting plan! I hope it works, it would b nice not having to point every single thing! But for me I know that if I don't have the control over what I'm eating (as in pp) I just can't help myself and I get that "oh 1 won't hurt" and it turns into one chocolate bar, one pack of crisps, one ice cream etc and that's what adds up!

Make sure u Wi at home tomorrow then next mon so u no what the result is, wether it b good or bad!

Good luck!

Becktoria79 said:
I went crazy again after posting that! I had 2 chicken and mayo sandwiches and a load of malteasers which my boyf had hidden but I knew about and asked him for! There is deffo no more choc in the house! Think it'll have to be a 6 day week but gonna try very hard not to use weekloes til Sunday. Also try to exercise real bad. Real bad night's sleep and up early with cramps. Gah.

Sf day today, this is the plan

Day 1/6 sf 42 weeklies

B- porridge and blueberries

L- veg soup and ww petit pain
Cherries

T- garlic chicken and wedges

This would be a low pp day so (under 20) hopefully will be ok.

Hey beck, how did u make ur garlic chicken? Looking for some new meal ideas for this wk, this sounds yummy!

I don't have scales at home Sarah as I'd be obsessive and won't allow myself to get that obsessive! I'm not following SF but a lot of the time I do use SF foods. I know all my main meals this week come under my daily points allowance anyhow I'm not quite sure what my logic is, I just feel like I'm tired of being so restricted and generally want to eat healthy and well and without pointing I might not get so bingey. I really need to learn to eat the nice stuff in moderation. It's just a week so we will see how it goes. I know all the ww and pp rules by heart, but I do mess it up a lot by going ott with the sweet rubbish.

Sarah The garlic chicken is one of them roast in bag things I got from ww but I think you can get alternatives from supermarkets. X

Oh right! Thank-you!

Im not against ur plan, I just no that I couldn't do it! Not yet anyway!

Becktoria79 said:
Oh I know you aren't against it and I prob can't do it either but I need a little break! X

I know what u mean!

Becktoria79 said:
Thanks hon, I just can't get into the points counting at the minute and feeling really rebellious like, sod it I'll eat 12 bars of chocolate if I want to! So thought I'd ease up on myself a little. House is lovely and tidy, got all ingredients in for yummy healthy foods and so I feel a lot more in control already!

How is SW going? X

I struggle with counting too lately, I'm fine if I do SF but I completely go off plan if I'm pointing. I think your idea is great and I think you may surprise yourself with regards to how 'good' you'll be. Enjoy.xxx

Hey Bex!

So you gonna do this no pointing sticking to common sense thing?
I was thinking similar a while back but was put off by not trusting myself! But I guess we all get to a point we have to stop the 'diet' anyway! For instance achieving goal! We can't be on ww/SW maintenance mode forever!
But as an example I didn't point on holiday, I tried to be more sensible than past holidays and still got exercise in and I didn't gain. So surely if you ate sensible and still exercised you shouldn't gain!

I've been enjoying not pp even if I have been doing SW! I think change is good! You could even do a week on then a week off!

I'm giving myself ideas here! Lol

I hope your well!

Last edited:
Well I've kinda started the no counting but yesterday didn't go so well-my lasagne was just too delicious if I say so myself! And today has just been plain weird as I've had very little appetite! I
Hungry now but really don't fancy anything except maybe some fruit but not got much left and want it for work tomorrow.

Got my new book delivered from amazon today, the head space diet. It's really interesting and lots of what it says makes sense to me. It's about mindful eating and how to tackle things like binging and emotional eating etc. I don't know if it's going to be a bit too hippy/psychological for me- part of it involves 10mins of meditation type thing a day. But some of what i've read so far really does ring a lot of bells! X

Well let us know any discovers an if it's worth reading! It sounds quite interesting!

That book does sound interesting. I really prescribe to the importance of mindfulness - i.e. being in the moment enough to be conscious of your life and not let it pass you by, but unfortunately i find all the "techniques" to teach people to be mindful rather too airy- fairy :(

Do share the secret of your irrestible lasagne! I LOVE a good lasagne and am always looking for ways to improve mine.

I guess the not counting thing means trying to listen to your body more so if you don't have much of an appetite today then I wouldn't worry. Maybe just have something really small like scrambled egg?

Wow I'm so tired tonight! Been to the gym which always wears me out!

Read half the book so far and tried one of the 10 min meditation exercises but not sure I could stick to that, it feels a bit weird! We'll see though. Tried to eat mindfully this evening but forgot about it the rest of the day!
I shall put lasagne recipe on my list of recipes to post on here! It is getting. Very long list!
Think today not been too bad. Have ate a couple of 'naughty' things but figured if not counting I'm not having weekly points either so it's prob not so bad!

Weds food

B- hard boiled egg (weird I know but made them for a tuna nicose salad for lunch but didn't have time to make it this morning or have time for breakfast either as was v late!)

S- crumpet and spread

L- beans on wholemeal toast
Mullerlight

S- banana bun, small slice pizza, 1/4 cookie and 1/2 small cheese scone - this was at a tea party in school that some of our kids had cooked for. I must stress that they were very small portions. The scone was prob less than an inch wide!

Chocolate, marshmallow and digestive fridge cake! Sonething else the kids had made today and it was sat infront of me in our meeting after school! Sooooo yummy!

T- chicken breast stuffed with olives and goats cheese with roasted tomatoes and onions and new potatoes

If you take out the kids baked stuff that isn't too bad. Not great though I guess.

Also did 45 mins cardio in gym.

I thought of Sonething else too whilst eating my tea. I always save my favourite part of my tea til last. So tonight I started to save the bit of chicken with the goats cheese and olives in but then I realised if I eat my favourite bits whilst I'm hungry, I'm less likely to eat all of the meal even if I'm full so I get to eat my favourite bit. Does that make any sense? Prob sound a bit stupid there.

Sounds like you aren't going crazy while not pointing so that's fab well done! X

That's really interesting about saving your favourite bit of dinner for last, I think I do that too but I've never even thought about it. I'll have to try eating my favourite bits first tomorrow.

See I am a weirdo and like to say my dinner equally infact I have food ratio issues haha! It was only a few years ago I realised that not everyone did what I do - like the first half of my dinner I can eat quite normally but when I get about half way through I like to have even ratios like if I had say 3 chicken nuggets and 9 chips I need to eat 3 chips with each nugget :-/ and I have to eat the spares until I have numbers that work together! Haha so strange! X

icklerockchick said:
See I am a weirdo and like to say my dinner equally infact I have food ratio issues haha! It was only a few years ago I realised that not everyone did what I do - like the first half of my dinner I can eat quite normally but when I get about half way through I like to have even ratios like if I had say 3 chicken nuggets and 9 chips I need to eat 3 chips with each nugget :-/ and I have to eat the spares until I have numbers that work together! Haha so strange! X

I do that as well so ur not alone

Back