Becky's Calorie Counting Diary... a bit of everything!

rumbletummy

Silver Member
Hi everyone! I'm new over here! I used to do calorie counting in my teens and remembered that I had good weight losses so thought I'd give it another go!
The thing I like about calorie counting is that nothing is forbidden and if you eat out you can work out the calories (roughly) so you know where you are (if that makes any sense lol!)
Feel free to leave me a message/ comment anytime, thanks xx

My food diary today...

Breakfast...
2 slices cooked sliced chicken on 2 slices ww wholemeal bread (no butter) - 160 kcals
Mullerlight Cherry Yogurt from multipack 190g - 95 kcals
Total 255 kcals

Lunch:
Homemade beef and vegetable curry - 130 kcals
1 slice ww danish - 49 kcals
Tesco fruit bar (raisin and apple) - 95 kcals
1 options Caramel hot chocolate - 39 kcals
Total 313 kcals

At work:
Hot chocolate from vending machine (no sugar) - 100 kcals
Chocolate from treat drawer - 40 kcals
Total 140

Tea:
Homemade Bolognese - 150 Kcals
Instant mash - 120 Kcals
Satsuma - 25 Kcals
Yogurt - 95 Kcals
Total 390

Total for day 1098 Kcals

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck, we have a really good christmas challenge on the go at the moment, where we are all pledging what we would like to lose. check it out and join in if you think a little competition and encouragement will help. x

Today's Food...

Breakfast:
30g Fruit and Fibre with 100ml Skimmed milk - 150 Kcals
Apple - 50 Kcals
Total: 200 Kcals

Lunch:
2 WW danish toast with very low fat spread - 140 Kcals
Cherry Mullerlight - 95 Kcals
Worcester Sauce French Fries - 83 Kcals
Total: 318 Kcals

Tea:
Homemade Beef curry and slice of WW bread (crust) - 200 Kcals
Roses sweet - 50 Kcals
Options hot chocolate - 39 kcals
Total 289 Kcals

Snacks (whilst watching X Factor!):
apple, satsuma, sliced chicken, Tesco raisin and apple bar, 2 roses chocolates
Total 315 Kcals

Total today 1122 Kcals

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck! :)

Thanks girls! Just getting used to doing this and hoping for more hours in the day so i can have a proper look around this section... thinking that this could become addictive he he!! xx

I just came home from work and decided to cook a chicken stew using the meat from 3 drumsticks, potatoes, red onion, garlic, leeks, celery, carrots, fresh tomatoes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, veg stock cube and going to finish it off with some fresh basil when it's cooked... ooh it smells delicious, can't wait to chomp into it nom nom!!

So my diary today...

Breakfast:
30g Fruit and Fibre and 100ml skimmed milk 150 Kcals
Satsuma 25 Kcals
Total - 175 Kcals

Dinner:
Options hot chocolate Belgian Choc flavour - 40 Kcals
Tesco light raisin and Apple bar - 95 Kcals
Homemade Chicken stew (yum!) - 200 Kcals
Total 335 Kcals

Tea:
Ham sandwich - 130 Kcals
2 roses sweets - 80 Kcals
Mullerlight Cranberry - 95 Kcals
Total 305 Kcals

Snacks:
Skips, satsuma, 2 toast, 2 roses chocs
Total 337 Kcals

Total for today 1142 Kcals

OMG can't believe Aiden left X Factor... bless!

Last edited:
Just thought I would type out my recipe for the beef curry I made yesterday...

100g Iceland frozen lean beef mince (200 cals)
400g tin chopped tomatoes (80 cals)
1 onion, 2 celery sticks, 2 cloves garlic, 1 carrot, fresh coriander.
1 tsp each of salt, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric.
(You can weigh all the veg and spices out if you like but I estimate it at about 100 - 120 cals so if you split the recipe in half it's 200 cals or split it into 3 and count it as 130 cals as I did)

Fry the mince in a little water and drain off the fat, set aside. Chop all the veggies and fry in Fry Light or water, or a little of both for 5 mins. Add in the salt and spices and cook for a minute. Add the mince and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes, finally add boiling water to cover the veg and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in lots of chopped fresh coriander 1 minute before serving.

I love coriander and this for me always makes a curry, without it I dont like it!! I had my curry with a slice of WW bread, but you could have it with rice or a jacket potato etc...

And some tips to save time... you can use veg from a ready prepared casserole bag, just chop it a little finer... buy the living coriander (as it's cheaper than the chopped variety) chop it yourself and put it in a bag in the freezer, you can chop it finely and add it to the curry frozen and that way it doesn't go off!

Something else I do to save time... I buy loads of veg, chop it all in one go and put it in freezer bags. If you chop onion, garlic, carrots and celery it's the perfect base for curry, bolognese, shepherds pie, stews, casseroles, soups and chilli. then when you need to cook something you just whip out your frozen bag of veg and you're half way there!

I've just started cooking my own meals from scratch so I'd love to know if anyone else has tips or recipes for low cal meals! xx

Wow, you are good!!! I'm absolute crap... unless it comes in a packet, lol!!! x

Ha ha! I still eat out of packets too!
I found myself watching loads of cooking programmes when I started dieting in September, was sat there salivating at all the things they were cooking imagining what it all tasted like and thought I'd give it a go!

Does house insurance cover the burning down of a kitchen if you know full well you can't be trusted in there?..... hmmmmmm?

Lol Lindsey!!

So today's menu...

Breakfast:
30g Fruit and Fibre and 100ml skimmed milk (150)
Mullerlight cranberry yogurt (95)
Total: 245

Lunch:
Homemade chicken casserole yummy!! (200)
Roses choc (50)
Options hot chocolate (40)
Total: 290

Tea:
Homemade chicken curry yummy!! (200)
Roses choc (40)
Satsuma (25)
Total: 265

I was so hungry after picking DS up from school that I had my tea at 3.30!! So probably have a snack later!! xx

Hello and welcome aboard can i ask the roses choc how many did u have for 40 kcals??

i love them so much till i feel sick at christmas lol x

Hi Girls! Thanks for the welcome :0)
As a rule... if the roses choc has a nut I count it as 50, no nut is counted as 40, although the green one is very big so I usually count that one as 50 as well! Sorry hon I don't think you could get away with eating the box for 40 cals he he!!
My goal... I've set it to 10st 7lbs which is 6.5lbs away! This last half a stone seems to be the hardest ever to shift... I had the munchies yesterday hence why no food diary!! Back on track today hopefully so fingers crossed for a little weight loss on Friday!! xx

Back