BeckyT's WW Food Diary

BeckyT said:
Well I'm thinking if I can do another 8-9 mile walk tomorrow that will be 11 AP's so I could have a slice after WI and I won't have to take it out of my dailies or weeklies. Do you think that would be ok? x

How do u work out the ap for the miles u walk? X

kezzalicious30 said:
How do u work out the ap for the miles u walk? X

I work out the miles I've walked by using an app on my phone which uses GPS, it also tells me the speed I'm walking at. I then put the length if time I've been walking based on the speed into my ww app to give me the AP's

I don't normally bother working it out as I don't usually eat my AP's. I just try and walk as many miles as I can each week which wan be hard some weeks as I work away from home a lot and the weather is pants!

Dales time again today :D at least I have the date right this time! There is absolutely no phone signal in the lodge so I doubt I will be able to get online until Monday.

I'm hoping to walk 6 miles before we go as long as its not raining. I'm hoping to do lots of walking whist were away but the hubby never wants to walk as far as I do...

Hoping to go on a cherry scone mission before I go to stock up!!

Food:

B chopped strawberries and banana with natural yoghurt (2pp)

L tuna (3pp) boiled egg (2pp) salad with salad cream (1pp)

D: chilli (5pp) salad and a ww pitta (3pp)

Above comes to 16pp which leaves me 10pp for either beer if we go to the pub which I doubt as it will be too late, wine and my scone!

The mince is 15pp for 500g and I half it as I like kidney beans in mine and hubby doesn't like them so I make two separate batches. The mince is asda extra lean mince. I also add a tin of chilli kidney beans which is 6pp for the whole tin. Everything else is 0pp, Passata, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic etc. the whole lot comes to 14pp and I get 3 meals out of it so I rounded it up to 5pp a portion x

Ahh ok that makes sense now. You can't buy lean or extra lean mince here so even though I only put in 400g it's still 25pp for the meat. I cannot wait to come home to healthier food!

last nights dinner looks gawjus hun!!

i am still so chuffed for u 3lb u smashed it this week dint u! amazing!!!

have a fab weekend (now its the right weekend lol) in th dales! hope u john and alfie have fun!

xxxx

dominoes said:
Ahh ok that makes sense now. You can't buy lean or extra lean mince here so even though I only put in 400g it's still 25pp for the meat. I cannot wait to come home to healthier food!

Whereabouts do you live?

Last week I bought some lean mince from Aldi and it was 25pp for 500g. I guess it's not so bad as you can bulk it out so that it goes further which then makes it less pp per meal! The asda one at 15pp per 500g was about £1.50 dearer too!

I guess I was saving in pp but spending more in money!!

SammieAnn87 said:
last nights dinner looks gawjus hun!!

i am still so chuffed for u 3lb u smashed it this week dint u! amazing!!!

have a fab weekend (now its the right weekend lol) in th dales! hope u john and alfie have fun!

xxxx

Didn't I just! I think it made it all the more of a surprise based on my last few weeks of small'ish losses so I never even thought for one minute it would be more than 1lb!

I was feeling a bit fed up when I went out on my walk after I'd eaten that cake and wondered if I'd get a STS!!

I feel like I'm over a hurdle now that I'm in the 10's and I have my first stone... I bet you were so chuffed to get your stone too? We CAN do this :D

I'm going to have to write all my food and points down on a bit of paper whilst I'm away as I don't want to lose track! I'm hoping I can get John walking!!! I need him to set up my ww pedometer so that I can track how far we've walked as I won't be able to use my phone!!! arrrghhh!

I'm in Berlin until the end of the year and even in Aldi and Lidl the range isn't quite the same as it is in the UK. The supermarkets here are really small and don't offer the same range of stuff as the UK so I've put on about a stone in the last year or so. There's just normal meat (of questionable quality) and then organic stuff that's about 20€. It drives me crazy!

The asda stuff sounds really good though - definitely worth 1.50 to save 10pp!

dominoes said:
I'm in Berlin until the end of the year and even in Aldi and Lidl the range isn't quite the same as it is in the UK. The supermarkets here are really small and don't offer the same range of stuff as the UK so I've put on about a stone in the last year or so. There's just normal meat (of questionable quality) and then organic stuff that's about 20EUR. It drives me crazy!

The asda stuff sounds really good though - definitely worth 1.50 to save 10pp!

Gosh, I guess we don't realise how lucky we are!! I remember doing ww about 12 years ago and the variety of things available wasn't anywhere near the amount we have now. Mind you, having Internet access and access to minimins makes it so much easier too, something else i didn't have 12 years ago

How long will you be back in the uk for? I bet you will be like a kid in the sweet shop!!!! If it was me, I'd already have lists of things I can buy from different supermarkets ready for the minute I got back! x

Permanently! I'm already making a mental note of things I see on here! There's just so much available there and everything has NVs on too - even since I first did WW in 2008/9 things have improved massively. I'm so impressed by all the supermarkets' own ranges of things with PPs on them!

dnt u get a tracker from ur meeting use that!

i was so chuffed when i got it! coz i dint think i would wanna aim for my 10% now which is another stone i wont get it before xmas but by the end of jan i wana b another stone down!
as i doubt very much i will lose xmas week!

3lb is brill im so happy for u
xxx

dominoes said:
Permanently! I'm already making a mental note of things I see on here! There's just so much available there and everything has NVs on too - even since I first did WW in 2008/9 things have improved massively. I'm so impressed by all the supermarkets' own ranges of things with PPs on them!

I know exactly what you mean, it was 2002/2003 since I first did it. The other great thing is that if you are unsure of the NV's, you can look them up on the Internet! I'm always standing in the supermarket with my phone working out the pp's on something with my app, something else I wouldn't have been able to do years ago

Dales time again today :D at least I have the date right this time! There is absolutely no phone signal in the lodge so I doubt I will be able to get online until Monday.

I'm hoping to walk 6 miles before we go as long as its not raining. I'm hoping to do lots of walking whist were away but the hubby never wants to walk as far as I do...

Hoping to go on a cherry scone mission before I go to stock up!!

Food:

B chopped strawberries and banana with natural yoghurt (2pp)

L tuna (3pp) boiled egg (2pp) salad with salad cream (1pp)

D: chilli (5pp) salad and a ww pitta (3pp)

Above comes to 16pp which leaves me 10pp for either beer if we go to the pub which I doubt as it will be too late, wine and my scone!

SALAD CREAM!!!!!

Have a lovely time!xx

BeckyT said:
I work out the miles I've walked by using an app on my phone which uses GPS, it also tells me the speed I'm walking at. I then put the length if time I've been walking based on the speed into my ww app to give me the AP's

I don't normally bother working it out as I don't usually eat my AP's. I just try and walk as many miles as I can each week which wan be hard some weeks as I work away from home a lot and the weather is pants!

Yeh have a walking app too, just ever know whether to class the walking as low or med when I'm working the ap out. Wasn't sure if u might b working it out on the miles. I don't exactly walk slow so I usually class it as med intensity x

kezzalicious30 said:
Yeh have a walking app too, just ever know whether to class the walking as low or med when I'm working the ap out. Wasn't sure if u might b working it out on the miles. I don't exactly walk slow so I usually class it as med intensity x

The app i use tells me how fast I'm walking per mile. I normally walk around 16mins a mile but that's cos I have to keep stopping for the dog to sniff every lamppost! x

Back