Bedtime snacking

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I read a lot before I go to sleep because it relaxes me but when I was bigger I got into the habit of nibbling on chocolate, I switched to fruit but it can be a bit caloric. I find I don't lose as much when I'm eating a lot of fruit so does anyone have any ideas for syn free snacks that aren't too heavy?
Muchos gracias amigos!

trying to think of some stuff but how about just cutting it out all together? it will take a while to get used to the new routine but i am sure you will manage!

which plan are you on by the way?

I bought some Mikado's chocolate sticks, 1.5 syns each and really yummy, perfect for nibbling on, and I think someone said the whole box is only 7 syns so i you go to far it's not that bad xx

What about a hot drink, Options are 2 syns, or you could save/syn some skim milk and make a mug of cocoa, 1 heaped teaspoon cocoa powder is 1 syn, it a sweet drink so it should be as satisfying as a choc bar - just without the chew....try it and see.

I have to be honest, my initial thought when I read your post was, do not eat at bed time! We all get in to bad habits, hence why we are in the situation we are in. That's why we have to look at SW as a lifstyle change. If I were you I would cut out snacking at bed time altogether as it is the worst time to eat. I try not to eat after 7.00-7.30pm. Before I was in such a habit of toast at the back of 9 with lashings of peanut butter, or nutella.....but it had to change!

I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could do the same hun :D

K xx

I agree that eating right before bedtime isn't the best thing to do, because your body uses energy to digest food and that affects how well you sleep. However, if you really enjoy it and it's part of your unwinding and relaxing regime, then maybe you could have vegetable sticks, like carrots, cucumber, etc, and maybe make a dip from yogurt with herbs and spices in it... or I think there's a SW version of hummous in the current magazine? Something like that would have less calories than fruit.

Yes, maybe you're right. It was a bad habit eating chocolate at bedtime and all I've done is replace it with something else that can be almost as bad! I can't believe I didn't see it before!

I find that fruit is one of the worst things to eat before going to bed. I find it hard to digest if you arent moving around a lot and then it just sort of lies on your chest.

I like Alpen light bars before I go to bed - you can have 2 as a HeB, so it really fills you up and feels as if you are getting that hit of chocolate that you are craving before bed.

If you realy want something before bed and its routine, how about saving one of your HEB (say one weetabix if you have the other for breakfast) and having that with a spash of milk, but I must agree with some of the other posts, try and break the habbit altogether.

Hi

Have I missed something has SW gone to counting calories overnight!!!

Fruit is free,,, and SW plan doesn't check calories to my knowledge on free foods.

As for Indie and Minders I am total agreement that you should try not to eat rally after 7 pm as they can effect your resting met rate as already mentioned.

Try a warm sweet drink and something light like crackerbread or veg slices and a light dip.

Phil x

Phil x

Back