beef stewing steak

charleybabes

Silver Member
we are having the inlaws round on sunday and was planning on having a lamb roast but OH has changed his mind ( hes the cook) and is making a beef stew now..
i have decided to make my own because he will not be making it sw friendly at all !!

how much stewing steak could i have as a healthy extra for a green day

( i want to make cous cous dumplings so would rather have a green day!)

85g of raw beef with all fat trimmed off is 1 HEXB on Green. Obviously you can double that if you use both HEXBs on it.

PS but if it's a stew presumably you're having some veggies in/with it? So why not just go EE then you can have both beef AND couscous?

PS but if it's a stew presumably you're having some veggies in/with it? So why not just go EE then you can have both beef AND couscous?

thanks for the amount .. i had thought about doing EE..but im really not sure what to have the rest of the day on it!>. i mean what could i have for my breakfast and lunch!!!.. im worried that i would just eat a whole load of food and put weight on!!

Mmm what do you normally have for lunch/breakfast? Usually easy enough to have a few berries/fruit with your brekkie and a few veg/salad etc with your lunch? Up to you though, if it works using it as a HEX that's no problem, go with that! :)

No, just 1/3 of your plate. The point in the 1/3 SF is to limit the amount of other stuff you eat - so you're not physically eating any *more* by eating the 1/3 Fruit & veg, in fact you're eating EXACTLY THE SAME amount by volume, it's just a third of it is healthier than it would otherwise have been. Which is what we should be doing on all plans really :)

Back