Beegee's Green Day Diary

Ha ha! It'll probably all fall apart in a couple of months (clothes rather than diet I hope!) but who knows, maybe I'll be a 14 by then. Thanks for dropping by x

Nice work on the clothes shopping! It does make you feel better doesnt it. I find Sainsburys (and Tesco) pretty good for clothes to be honest, they'll last :) Hope you're having a good day :)

Happy SW anniversary to meeeeee!!! :party0011:
I'm proud to report that I have now been on SW a whole year and what an amazing year it's been! I couldn't be more proud that I've managed to stick to this and totally change myself. Obviously I've still got some way to go, but I have total confidence that I can stick with it until I feel comfortable with myself. Here's to the next year!

Today has been:

B: Shreddies (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, strawberries, grapes

L: Jacket potato, cottage cheese, sweetcorn, picled onions, quorn deli slices, Asda bistro salad. Melon & kiwi

Snack: Shape yogurt

D: Quorn cottage pie (3 syns), roast potatoes, carrots, brocolli, red cabbage, sweetcorn.

Going to make a highlights with milk (hexa) in a moment and have an early night as we have a hectic day out planned tomorrow.

Woop Woop !!! (((( Happy SW Anniversary ))))

What an achievement, you've done so well. The change must be lovely. Indeedy here's to next year - well done, you must be sooooo proud :)

Hi Beegee,
Congratulations on your FAB weight loss and your 1 year anniversary - way to go!!!

Your menu's look really good and i like your idea of a treat night while staying within your syns....i notice i don't tend to have many syns on a normal work day, so think i will plan to have a bit of a treat over the weekend and see how that works for me. Hopefully it will keep me on track too!

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Kim for your kind words and for popping by! Treat night works for me and I know plenty of people on here count their syns weekly and don't suffer for it. Hope it works for you too x

That said ... I only lost a half this week but considering how many times I've been out to eat I'm more than happy with that. Onwards and downwards next week!

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, pineapple

L: Couscous, roast butternut squash, onion, mushroom, pepper, courgette, salad leaves

Snack: strawberries and grapes, a couple of nibbles of picnic things on our day out (a couple of crisps, bite of pizza etc) - 3 syns

D: Pasta, tomato sauce, spinach, corn, pepper, mushroom, onion, 28g cheddar (hexa)

May nibble on a cereal bar later if the mood takes me.

Aw thanks SS, that's so kind of you. I am pretty pleased with myself but am well aware that I'm not there yet so my focus is still 100%. Just having a peek at your stats - you're doing pretty well yourself hun! Let's keep at it x

Another fun packed day out with the kids yesterday. Easter holidays are tiring!

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, pineapple, kiwi, melon

L: Couscous salad as yesterday

Snack: grapes, Shape yogurt

D: Treat night came early this week as we ordered a chinese for dinner as we were too knackered to cook! I had a dry fried veg noodles and spicy veg with cashew nuts (hexb) and also decided to be very naughty and order spring rolls. I just felt that I'd been so pure and good on our picnics that I needed a bit of a lardy treat. Have counted the whole thing as 30 syns.

No hexa today, couldn't fit it in. Must try harder tomorrow!

B: ff yogurt, orange, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, melon

L: Found some paella rice lurking in the cupboard cooked it with some stock and threw in some baby corn, red pepper, mushroom, carrot. Can't pretend it was particularly nice but I'm trying to be extra good after the spring roll incident yesterday.

Snack: half a homemade biscuit (2 syns) - was starting to feel a bit deprived after todays fruit and veg fest and had to really stop myself scoffing the rest in the box. Am counting this as a victory!

D: BBQ time! Quorn sausages, veggie burger (0.5 syns), new potatoes, salad, homemade coleslaw (1 syn), ketchup (2 syns), couscous (0.5 syns), wholemeal roll (hexb), 28g cheddar (hexa)

Highlights (2 syns), alpen lights (hexb)

8 syns today.

Saturday 23rd was like this:

B: 42g All Bran (hexb), ff yogurt, melon, strawberry, raspberry, kiwi, grapes

L: Savoury rice with extra mixed veg, orange, shape yogurt

D: Lager (5 syns), veg dhansak (10), veg side dishes (10), rice

and today ...

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, kiwi, strawbery, raspberry

L: Jacket potato, salad leaves, cucumber, squirt of WW Salad Cream (1 syn), a nibble of pudding (3 syns). Was at a family lunch and didn't have any of the pizza's that were there, took my own jacket potato (my sis is very encouraging of my diet!) and didn't have any of the easter eggs from the hunt. Felt as though I'd done a very good job!

D: Bean and vegetable chilli, rice, low fat cheddar (hexa)

Will probably crack and have some chocolate later, but until then my syns for the week are 79. I'm unlikely to lose this week as I am mega bloated (totm) and don't think I can get away with 2 takeaways in a week!

Monday again, even though it feels like a sunday. Good day today and normal life resumes for a couple of days tomorrow as the school holidays are over.

B: Weetabix minis, milk (hexa), banana, raspberries

L: Pasta and sauce, spinach, sweetcorn, cheese (hexa)

D: Quorn bolognese - goodness this was so nice, you just can't go wrong can you!
1 small chocolate (1 syn), fibre plus (hexb).

Hi Sukibix, always nice to have visitors, thanks for popping by and for your kind words!

This week has not been so successful with a 1.5lb gain - darn that bloating. How annoying. Hope it will have gone by next week, it's so frustrating when you've been on plan not to see the rewards. On the plus side, 2 people have complimented me today on looking slimmer which is always lovely to hear so it's not all doom and gloom.

I didn't get round to doing my diary yesterday but it was like this:

B: ff yogurt, branflakes (hexb), banana, strawberry, raspberry, pineapple

L: Jacket potato, beans, quorn deli slices, salad leaves. Shape yogurt, melon.

D: Quorn and veg stirfry with syn free sweet and sour sauce & rice.
Highlights (2 syns) made with milk (hexa), 2x alpen bars (hexb).

Will do today later on.

Back again, today has been another good day:

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, grapes, pineapple, kiwi, melon

L: Wholewheat pasta with pasata, herbs, mushroom, corn, pepper and cheese (hexa) melted on top. FF yogurt

Snack: quorn deli slices (needed using up - going out of date!)

D: Quorn red onion burger, roast potatoes, brocolli, carrots & corn, gravy (2 syns)
Oaty bar (hexb)

I had my pedometer on again today. Accidentally pressed clear before the end of the day but I have walked around 9km, which is 13000-ish steps and 600-ish calories. I can't help thinking that's LOADS and I do find it surprising how much it all adds up. (Hope I've not set it up wrongly and I'm deluding myself!) I know it's not exactly a cardio workout but at least I'm not completely inactive.

B: FF yogurt, branflakes (hexb), banana, melon, pineapple

L: Chickpea dahl, brown rice, extra mixed veg. Lovely fruit salad with melon, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, kiwi.

Snack: Shape yogurt

D: Wholewheat spaghetti with 42g feta (hexa) and loads of roast veg - butternut squash, onion, mushrooms, courgette, peppers. There was absolutely loads of it and it was lovely!

Am currently trying to decide whether to have some Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt. I've barely synned this week and think I should do. Mm, yes, I'm talking myself into it. Think I may do 5 syns or so on the choc fudge brownie which is absolutely lush.

Got a bit of catching up to do, so first of all, Royal Wedding Friday:

B: FF Yogurt, pineapple, strawberry, melon

L: Pasta and Sauce with extra spinach, corn, mushroom, 28g cheddar (hexa). FF yogurt.

Snack: 1 slice toast (hexb) with peanut butter (3 syns) - this was soooo nice. I hardly ever have bread anymore, similarly I am a peanut butter free zone more's the pity so it felt like a right treat.

D: Lager (5), Chinese takeaway (32), ice cream (5)

It was good!

Today has been like this:

B: Melon, strawberries, kiwi, banana, grapes, ff yogurt

L: Savoury rice with extra veg and cheese (hexa), shape yogurt

D: got the bbq out again so had the usual quorn sausages, salad, burgers, potatoes, corn on the cob (5 syns on condiments and a bit of cous cous), then later on a highlights (2 syns) and fibre plus (hexb)

Ooh, a day full of challenges today. I have stayed pure but could very easily (and happily!) veered wildly off course.

I took my daughter to see The Wizard of Oz (which, btw, was fantastic!) and before that I took her to McDonalds where I had a diet coke and the sandwich I'd brought with me. Then I avoided ice cream in the interval and then, hubby wanted to order pizza this evening so I made something SW friendly while desperately wishing that I too was about to tuck into a large veggie pizza. He's just about finished now thank god, it smelt gorgeous - oh how I miss proper shop pizza!

Anyhow, onto what I did eat rather than what I wish I'd eaten.

B: FF yogurt, banana, kiwi, melon, pineapple

L: Pitta (hexb) filled with quorn sausages, salad, ex light mayo (1 syn)

Snack: veggie burger (0.5 syn), strawberries, grapes

D: Bean and quorn chilli, brown rice, cheese (hexa)

Now I'm just deciding what to have as a treat. I'm feeling so deprived and virtuous I know I need something a bit synful so may crack open the Ben and Jerry's again.

Oh well I'm glad I've popped by to see that you've had such a great day! Well done on all counts - the McDonalds, the icecream AND the pizza :) Seriously you must be feeling very virtuous and quite rightly so. I hope you enjoy your Ben and Jerrys. Is the chocolate one a frozen yoghurt one ? That seems very good syn-wise.

A very good day - well done!

Back