Beegee's Green Day Diary

I'm doing well staying off the scales, I'm not even tempted at the moment. Tuesday was like this:

B: Pear, banana, kiwi, pineapple, ff yogurt

L: Homemade hoummus, carrot and red pepper sticks, Krisp Rolls (2x hexb). Shape yogurt

Snack: cheese (hexa), pineapple

D: Girls night in at a friends, so a few crisps (5), veg dhansak (6) and rice.

Wednesday:

B: Berries, pineapple, banana, ff yogurt, Branflakes (hexb)

L: Jacket potato, chilli beans, corn, mushroom. Shape yogurt. Pears

Snack: 1 Ryvita (hexb) with ff cottage cheese

D: Oh the excitement! I'm being all adventurous ... I made a wrap pizza! WW wrap (5), lovely thick tomato & onion sauce, corn, mushroom, red pepper, mozarella (hexa). Then to add to the luciousness - SW chips with paprika mayo (0.5). The pizza turned out much better than I thought it would, I was fearing a soggy mess but it was absolutely fine. Hooray - there are another 5 wraps in the freezer - bring 'em on! :D

Thursday:

B: Berries, apple, banana, ff yogurt

L: Savoury rice, added mixed veg, cheese (hexa). Fruit salad - kiwi, satsuma, cherries, pear with fromage frais

Snack: cherries, apricot, cottage cheese, ryvita minis (hexb)

D: Quorn and veg stir fry with noodles and black bean sauce (3). Skinny dipper (3).
Oaty bar (hexb)

I'm trying to be quite vigilant about having at least 3 healthy extras and at least 5 syns a day just to ensure I'm sticking to plan as well as possible. I should probably still be drinking more water though - I must work out how much I drink per day so I can see how I'm doing. I want to give myself the best possible chance of succeeding and am checking the basics before having to resort to exercise!

Good luck with the extra water, healthy extras and syns (these are all the enjoyable ways to lose weight) :)

Your wrap pizza sounds very nice indeed, I'm going to be pinching that idea! Served with SW chips too, my favourite :)

Hope you have a good weekend Beegee.

Thank you! My good intentions took a bit of a battering yesterday as I went to see Take That so didn't really eat in the evening (combination of extortionate prices and wanting to stay on the wagon). I'm flipping starving today!!

Yesterday was like this:

B: FF Yogurt, banana, pear, apricot, cherries

L: Wholewheat pasta with veg, tomato sauce, cheese (hexa)

Evening: 2 Alpens (hexb), Fox's cookie (6), had one of those mini boxes of cereal when I got in at 1am which should be synned but I'm loathed to say it was 6 syns when I still have a hexb and didn't have any dinner. Am I tweaking here?! It seems silly to count today as 12 syns somehow - purists look away now!

I love Take That, I hope you had a fab time! I couldnt manage to get tickets this time. I think you did brilliantly by avoiding things and staying on the wagon! Well done on staying off the scales too..... this is not to be underestimated, its a small thing not to do, but its pretty addictive!

Thanks hun. It was very good, but I had far too late a night and have suffered for it all weekend! I just can't take the pace now I'm nearly middle aged.

Food-wise this weekend has been just fine. Had the usual takeaway and glass of wine yesterday and another good day today. 95 syns for the week - a bit higher than usual but still within limits!

Staying off the scales is blooming easy at the moment as I don't really want to know how badly I'm doing! I virtually sts this week again, this is the plateau to end all plateau's. I think I'll try and stay off again til thursday and hope for a nice surprise!

Monday again, week 64:

B: Yogurt, banana, pineapple, melon, branflakes (hexb)

L: Jacket potato, beans, corn, mushrooms, cheese (hexa). Satsumas.

Snack: Kiwi, custard cream (3)

D: Quorn cottage pie (3), roast potatoes, brocolli, corn, carrots. Skinny Dipper (3), Alpens (hexb)

Don't have many comments to make today. I haven't done any of the things I said I would re drinking more water so am not really helping myself at the moment. Must try harder!

Tuesday:

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, pineapple, melon, banana

L: Wholewheat pasta, mushroom, spinach, corn, green beans, fromage frais, pesto (2) all mixed up with cheese (hexa) and pepper. This was quite nice!

Snack: satsumas, mikado (1)

D: Chickpea dahl with extra veg and rice. Dipper (3)

I've measured how much water I can fit in my big plastic cup today and it's good news! It's a 500ml cup and I definitely have at least 4 of them over the day - probably more. So, I can tick drink more water off the list of things I should be doing to help myself.

Stick with it with the scales and the water :) It will make all the difference! I'm following your lead on both of these this week.

Wednesday:

B: Melon, satsuma, kiwi, banana, ff yogurt

L: Pasta, veg, cheese (hexa) and fromage frais as yesterday (without the pesto - it was much nicer with it btw). Orange. Mikado (1.5)

D: Bean chilli, rice, cheese (hexb). Dipper (3). Fibre Plus (hexb)

Despite the fact the scales aren't moving for me at the moment, I have had so many compliments recently about how well I've done. People who I see all the time and equally people who I haven't seen for ages are all commenting on the difference and asking how I've done it. It's really weird that it's all coming out now just as the scales are so static. It's a useful boost to help me keep on track so all their kind words are very gratefully received!

Thanks - it's always nice to meet a fellow greenie! Looks as though the plan is working well for you too - good going!

Thursday:

B: Ruby grapefruit (yum), ff yogurt

L: Savoury rice, extra veg. Orange. FF Yogurt.

Snack: mango (oh goodness, I'm back on the mango. I stopped eating it a while back as I thought it was inhibiting my losses as I was having so much of it. However, saw a lovely great big one and couldn't resist it. I'm making sure I don't eat it all at once this time and will hope for the best).

D: Pasta bake - veg, tomato sauce, cheese (hexa). Dipper (3).
Fibre Plus (hexb)

So, it was weigh in day and I have lost 1.3kg (2.9lbs). I'm obviously glad to finally be able to post a loss, but am not counting any chickens as current form suggests I'll put at least half of it back on next week. I'm not helping myself on saturday as I'm on a boozy night out, but hey - it doesn't happen every week so I'm not going to skimp on it.

Today's loss has got me my 39kg award and also taken me into the 12's rather than the 13's which feels like a big achievement so I'll enjoy the moment as it happens so rarely of late!

Friday:

B: FF Yogurt, banana, satsuma, mango, Crunchy Bran (hexb)

Snack: Cherries (yes, that will be a full punnet. OMG)

L: Pasta and Sauce, extra veg, cheese (hexa). Orange. Mikado (1)

Snack: FF Yogurt

D: Wrap pizza (5), cheese (hexa and half hexb). Wedges. Alpen light (half hexb).

Saturday:

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, kiwi, banana, mango

L: Jacket potato, beans, veg, cheese (hexa). Shape yogurt

D: Big night out. Lots of beer was drunk. I could have chosen a lower syn alternative, but I didn't really want to so I spent a whopping 44 syns on alcohol then picked up a curry on the way home (20). I don't often get evenings out with hubby so when we do go out although I'm mindful of SW and make choices accordingly I don't particularly want to feel I'm depriving myself as I think that's counter productive.

Sunday:

Started to regret the alcohol, I can't take the pace! Absolutely starving today despite eating curry at midnight so picked stodgy things and didn't really give super-free much of a thought. Totally on plan though, I have no problems drawing a line and getting on with the job!

B: Weetabix (hexb), banana, milk (half hexa)

L: Chickpea dahl, Ainsley couscous (1.5). Shape yogurt

Snack: hula hoops (6.5). These were the new sweet chilli flavour which were calling me. I used to work for the makers of Hula Hoops so always have a vested interest in new products and flavours. (I blame them almost entirely for getting so overweight btw particularly as they also made plain chocolate digestives and other such goodies :D!)

D: Pasta with meat-free soya bolognese packet from asda and cheese (hexa).
Highlights (2) and alpens (hexb)

Total syns this week - 101.

Week 65 - Monday:

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, melon, pineapple

L: Pasta and sauce, extra veg, cheese (hexa). Shape yogurt, satsumas.

Snack: Quorn deli slices, 1 ryvita (hexb), Kiwi

D: Quorn and veg stir fry, sweet and sour sauce, rice. Skinny Dipper (3). Oaty bar (hexb)

Oh wow - excellent weight loss this week :D !!! Well done, looks like you've definitely managed to get things moving again !

Yeah, might be grinding to a halt again a bit after the weekend, but hey ho!

Today has been:

B: Shreddies (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, pineapple, melon

L: Savoury rice, extra mixed vegetables. Orange. Shape yogurt. Mikados (2)

Snack: Kiwi, 1 ryvita (hexb), quorn deli slices

D: Quorn sausages (3), mash (hexa), brocolli, carrots, corn, onion gravy (2).
Fibre Plus (hexb)

Back