Beegee's Green Day Diary

Wednesday:

B: Shreddies (hexb) ff yogurt, banana, strawberries, pineapple

L: Tomato rice, 2 quorn sausages. Onken yogurt. (the rice was a concoction I'd made for my kids - rice cooked in a tin of tomatoes and some veg stock with some peas, onions, carrots and sweetcorn thrown in)

D: Chickpea dahl with extra mixed veg, brown rice, sag mushroom (mushroom, spinach, pasata, curry powder all blasted together in a pan)

2x alpens, ice cream (3 syns). I was very adventurous today and tried microwaving one of the alpens and having it with the ice cream which I have seen recommended on here. It was nice for a change but I think I put it in the oven for too long. Will have to try again I think, it was supposed to go soft and crumbly, mine went rock hard - not unpleasant though!

Ha ha, I did the same when I tried to make cheesecake bases with alpens..... very hard! Chickpea dahl sounds lovely, I'm having chickpea curry on my menu this week I think :) Did I miss your weigh in ?

I didn't get round to weighing in yesterday so did it this morning and, as predicted, managed to put back on what I lost last week. Mmmm. Seems a little harsh to me and I'm getting somewhat disillusioned here. I'm 100% all the time and have looked at my recent stats to find that over the past 8 weeks I've only lost 2 kilos which is an average of half a pound a week. That's crap and not really the result I think I should be getting tbh.

Soooo, what to do. I'm not going to be veering off plan or anything stupid like that but I obviously need a big kick up the bum - I've still got 2 or 3 stone to go and I'm never going to get there at this rate. I'm away from this weekend til the middle of next week so think that I'll try and use that time to read the literature again do a bit of research and come up with a strategy.

Anyway, enough whining. Will do my diary later when I've stopped sulking!

Ah, dont be sulking! You're right you can never read the books enough. I'm always impressed when people come to weigh in and their books are all mangled, it means they are getting to know their books really well :)

How about doing a speed food challenge to make you think about different types of foods you maybe wouldnt normally have ? I've come to think that even if its slow at least it is moving in the right direction and thats got to be a good thing :)

Stick with it and your loss next week will be a great one!

You're right Gobolino - you've had more than you fair share of ups and downs too so I know you know what you're talking about! I will be revisiting speed foods and may be making a big pot of speed soup on my return!

Today has been:

B: Branflakes (hexb), banana, strawberries, blackberries, pineapple

L: Jacket potato, beans, cheese (hexa). Pineapple, rasberries, blackberries (speed food!)

Snack: 1 mikado (0.5) (don't really think this counts as a snack, more an impulsive nibble!!)

D: Vegetable & chickpea curry, rice. Then I tried one of my new purchases - Skinny Cow Dippers (3) which I thought were very nice and really hit the spot when a bit of ice cream was required. Just as well, I bought 2 boxes of them.
May have an Oaty Bar (hexb) in a minute.

You're sounding more chirpy already :) Mmmmm I'm off to google skinny cow dippers now!

So, I've spent the day packing and have included copious amounts of pasta and sauce, savoury rice, alpens, mugshots, baked beans etc in a bid to stay on track when I'm away. We're self catering and the family are supportive of my diet so fingers crossed!

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, blackberries, raspberries, pineapple

L: Wholewheat pasta and veg, cheese (hexa). Orange

Snack: Ryvita mini's (hexb)

D: Stella (5), Indian takeaway (25), Ice cream (5), chocolate (2)

Off to bed now as we have a busy day tomorrow. Will be back wednesday, hopefully full of stories of how good I've been!

Back again! I've had a fairly successful few days away. We were meeting family for my MIL's 70th birthday and I abstained from naughty lunch in a pub (jacket potato and beans instead), all my meals were diet friendly and I had no birthday cake. BUT, I did nibble a few crisps and have a few extras like having butter on toast (hexb!) and a small glass of wine, so I've been having my syns daily rather than weekly.

I weighed in this morning to find I'd lost 1.5kg (3.3lbs), which I was chuffed about but which also seems like a bit of a freak result. I usually weigh every day so am fairly clear on whether I'm likely to see a loss or not so it was weird to stand on the scales and have no idea what they were going to say. I'm hoping that it wasn't one of those weird anomalies and it all goes back on next week as I hardly ever lose so much and could do with a boost. Things that I did differently are:

- counting syns daily
- eating less fruit and veg
- more syns spent on 'junk'

So, I don't know where that leaves me - will dwell on it!

Today has been like this:

B: Yogurt, banana, kiwi, clementine, grapes, melon

L: Jacket potato, beans, corn, cheese (hexa), clementines, Onken yogurt

D: Creamy Mushroom pasta bake (3 syns) with veg and cheese (hexb). Skinny dipper (3 syns)

My weigh in this week has also (just!) taken me to the 6 stone mark. It's been a long time coming but I've made it, hope I'm still there next week!

Wow - I thought I recognised a different colour sticker in your signature on your post on my thread!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

This isnt a freak result, I like your analysis of what was different this week. The body does like a change of scenery though, so it probably did help :) This is a lovely boost, especially when you're not expecting it. Perhaps weighing weekly is another change that could have helped too.

Anyway, hope you have a fab weekend :)

Thanks Gobolino for your consistantly supportive words :)

Today has been:

B: FF yogurt, banana, kiwi, grapes, satsuma, melon

L: Jacket potato, quorn ham slices, bit of salad, sprinkle of cheese (part hexa), strawberries and raspberries

Snack: 2 liquorice allsorts (2), bombay mix (5), mango and apple onken

D: Veg and chickpea curry, rice. Fibre plus (hexb)

Bit thin on the hex's today, will be trying to do better tomorrow.

Haven't done my diary for a couple of days over the weekend, been busy and nothing particularly note-worthy happened. I stuck to plan and did around 90 syns for the week.

I almost didn't get round to coming on tonight as I have a new iphone to try and decipher. I am soooo not a techy person and there are hardly any instructions with it, I'm useless. Anyway, I've now worked out how to make a call, but not yet how to send a text - that's tomorrows challenge!

Todays food has been like this:

B: Branflakes (hexb), yogurt, banana, pineapple, melon

L: Wholewheat pasta, mushrooms, corn, spinach, pasata & herbs, cheese (hexa), Strawberry Onken

Snack: Mugshot

D: Quorn sausages, mash, carrots, brocolli, sweetcorn, gravy (2 syns)
Alpens (hexb)

Here's to week 60!

Tuesday was like this:

B: Shreddies (hexb), ff yogurt, banana, kiwi, pineapple

L: Wholewheat pasta bake and cheese (hexa), satsumas, Shape yogurt

Snack: Mikado (0.5), bite of cake (2)

D: Spag bol with parmesan (bit of hexa), Highlights (2)

Also did about 25 mins of Just Dance as couldn't face shredding!

Nothing wrong with a bit of Just Dance !!! I love it too, well done :)

I didn't even do any Just Dance today! I am such a dud when it comes to exercise, it just doesn't turn me on. Thank goodness I'm reasonably active or I'd be really worried!

B: Crunchy Bran (hexb), frozen berries, ff yogurt, banana

L: Quorn deli slices, jacket potato, beans, corn, spinach, cheese (hexa). Satsumas

Snack: Shape yogurt

D: Chickpea dahl with extra veg and rice, Skinny Cow mint (yum yum) (5 syns)

Not much to comment on today, just a very average day!

B: Weetabix (hexb), ff yogurt, frozen berries, banana

L: Savoury rice with extra veg, grapes, strawberries, ff yogurt

D: Tomato and veg pasta bake with cheese (hexa). Highlights (2) and Alpens (hexb)

Hiya! After I saw your amazing before & after pics I just had to come take a look at your food diary! And I can see why you were so successful, it's what I would describe as "clean eating". Well done on your fabulous loss and keep posting your diaries, I'd love to see how you're getting on now with maintaining. Take care!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Honey, how nice to have a new visitor! I'm a bit confused though as I haven't posted any before and after pics (camera shy!) and I'm not maintaining yet (unfortunately). I like your clean eating comment, I see what you mean though I would probably call it - samey, unadventurous, tried and tested etc etc! Hope all goes well for you now you're an on-liner too x

Meant to post my diary for yesterday:

B:Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, strawberries, banana, grapes

Snack: banana (weird, don't usually have anything!)

L: Jacket potato, beans, corn, mushrooms, cheese (hexa), salad leaves. Satsuma, strawberries, grapes

Snack: quorn deli slices

D: Quorn and veg stir fry with noodles and black bean sauce (3 syns). Skinny cow mint (5)

Also forgot to mention this weeks weigh in, it was so unexciting it passed me by. I lost 0.2kg which is virtually nothing. However, after a big loss last week I'm happy just to have maintained it. Things don't seem to be moving much this week either so I think I'm going to have to look up the ingredients for speed soup and get going on that next week for lunches.

Aww Beegee I'm so sorry lol, I think I meant to post in a different SWer's food diary. Nevertheless, your diary is amazing and I will be following it! I generally eat the same things for breakfast as well, lunch is usually leftovers then I get really creative for dinner. Well done again on your weight loss!

Thanks Honey, you can blame that well known condition 'nappy brain' for the confusion now you've got your little one - it's a great excuse for all slightly dippy moments! (I've used it A LOT!)

Had a slightly different day yesterday as I was at a wedding reception in the evening and didn't really eat anything:

B: Weetabix minis (hexb), milk (hexa), banana

L: Pasta, veg, pasata, cheese (hexb), ff yogurt with honey (1 syn)

Snack: Mugshot, raspberries, mikados (1), bottle of Kaliber (yuk but I was driving - 3 syns), nibble of cake, crisps, cheddars (7)

Back