Beegee's Green Day Diary

That's cos I'm not doing good lol. I joined years ago and have put on more weight since then. I got to target with sw in Sept last year but have put on three stone since then xx

Val - I've just ordered some :eek: Yikes! It'll either be the stupidest 17 quid I've ever spent or I'll be wearing them all the time and will need to order more. Watch this space, they should be here weds / thurs this week. I went for these: Black Cowl Viscose Sleeve as they had the shortest sleeve so would hopefully look ok under summer vests. I remember seeing them on Dragons Den at the time and thinking it was the sort of thing I should get. Thanks hun x

Today has been hot hot hot!! We've had friends over for a bbq and the paddling pool out for the kids and it's been great. Foodwise, I had an indian takeaway and couple of drinks last night and today I've had a little square of cake and a couple of squares of chocolate which have taken my syns to 83 for the week. A good start back on SW I hope, particularly as there has been less naughtiness today than there has been on the last few sundays.

I've got my fruit chopped ready for breakfast tomorrow and it's all systems go for week 111.

How long did you go back to WW for?
Rang my friend last night who has been SW through and through for ages and she has decided to go to WW from next week - thinks the grass is greener I think. Maybe me being selfish as I ask her questions and now she will be talking WW all the time which I know zilch about!!!

Congratulations on your weight loss :clap::clap:

Went to visit this friend yesterday and said if you are doing WW can I have your SW books please --reply was - I thought you had them all so I binned them now that I am doing WW because I don't have much space :eek::eek:

Looking forward to hearing about the sleeves - wonder why they don't do them with short ones?

Crikey that sounds a bit premature, what if she doesnt get on with WW?! How much space does a book take up?! If nothing else she could have flogged it on ebay - or offered them to her SW following mate ;) Crazy lady!

systema said:
Went to visit this friend yesterday and said if you are doing WW can I have your SW books please --reply was - I thought you had them all so I binned them now that I am doing WW because I don't have much space :eek::eek:

Looking forward to hearing about the sleeves - wonder why they don't do them with short ones?

Hi Hun probably don't do short ones cause the idea is that they cover up ur flabby bits of arm if they were too short wouldn't hide it lol
I look forward to seeing how u get on with them beegee I think they r a brilliant idea nice of u to test them out for me b4 I buy ha ha, I have been wearing a vest without a cardi for the first time in years eeeek I try & squash my arms in to my sides so kn ow one can c the wobbly bits that's ok till I forget myself & wave to someone nearly knock meself out ha ha Am looking forward to ur view on them have a good day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was quite disappointed there was not a short one as my flabby bits stop at my elbow :D - I hate pushing sleeves up as they never stay where they should and am always messing about with them

The Wingz are here!! That's pretty good service isn't it! So, I'm wearing them now and they stop just at the elbow which is fine, they're a bit too baggy on the shoulders, but I think that's the style I chose - it was hard to see the detail in the pictures (they weren't very good). Anyway, once I'd worked out how to put them on (and yes, we are talking a good couple of minutes here - duh) I think they're good. I've put them under the cap sleeved top I'm wearing which I had on with a short sleeved cardigan this morning and am going to venture out with them on in a bit with NO CARDI!

Systema, this style would suit you re the elbows - my forearms are definitely exposed which is ok. I agree that one that stops just above the elbow would be good. Val love, you do make me laugh .. imagine knocking someone out with a bingo wing - what a beautiful mental image!!

Will update later when I've test driven them in the great outdoors.

Last edited:
Beegee said:
The Wingz are here!! That's pretty good service isn't it! So, I'm wearing them now and they stop just at the elbow which is fine, they're a bit too baggy on the shoulders, but I think that's the style I chose - it was hard to see the detail in the pictures (they weren't very good). Anyway, once I'd worked out how to put them on (and yes, we are talking a good couple of minutes here - duh) I think they're good. I've put them under the cap sleeved top I'm wearing which I had on with a short sleeved cardigan this morning and am going to venture out with them on in a bit with NO CARDI!

Systema, this style would suit you re the elbows - my forearms are definitely exposed which is ok. I agree that one that stops just above the elbow would be good. Val love, you do make me laugh .. imagine knocking someone out with a bingo wing - what a beautiful mental image!!

Will update later when I've test driven them in the great outdoors.

Ooooh how exciting cant wait for verdict
Sorry systema thought u meant cap sleeve short not elbow short :) xx

Ooooh how exciting cant wait for verdict
Sorry systema thought u meant cap sleeve short not elbow short :) xx

That's fine :D Yes there is short and there is short. Can't wait to see the photos.

OK, Wingz are good! I didn't feel like a complete pillock in them and will wear them again - hooray, a success!
I'm not totally convinced of the style and fit, but I can get by with them and they do the job. I notice however that the weather is on the change again towards the end of the week. It always seems to be the way as soon as I buy something for a purpose I don't need them anymore. I panic bought Crocs in March, then it rained for 2 months! Still, I'm sure it will pick up again soon.

Food has been going well:

Monday:

B: Fruit salad and yogurt.
L: Jacket potato, cottage cheese, quorn slices, salad
Snack: Ryvita mini's (hexb) and cottage cheese
D: Quorn balls bolognese, parmesan (hexa)

Decided not to have another hexb in the evening but went for a Skinny Cow mint ice cream instead - 5 syns - bloody lovely!

Today:

B: Fruit salad and yogurt
L: Savoury rice and veg. Satsumas. Yogurt.
Snack: Weetabix (hexb) and milk (hexa)
D: Bean chilli and rice with grated cheese (hexa)

Currently deciding whether to have anything else, leaning towards a coffee and cereal bar at the mo.

Systema - just seen your post - photos???? oh no, no, no!! I'm not getting into a 'before' and 'after' horror show! These arms are not for public viewing!

Hi beegee Glad u like them I will take a proper look when I get my laptop back from oh I tried looking on my phone but not very clear think we could do with a couple of different designs each I thought they were a brill idea will let u know when I get mine xx

Beegee - thought you were going to give us a look at the "sleeves" ?

Got my wingz on again today under a black and white stripy top which usually I'd wear a cardi over. Feeling good! Still took me a couple of minutes to get them on this morning though and get them the right way round. I'll get the hang of it eventually!

Put on a pound this week - boo. Combination of totm and being back on SW I think. I'm was planning to do WW next week but am now not sure if all this chopping and changing is sensible. Will ponder it!

Beegee said:
Put on a pound this week - boo. Combination of totm and being back on SW I think. I'm was planning to do WW next week but am now not sure if all this chopping and changing is sensible. Will ponder it!

Hi beegee sorry about the lb gain bet it goes next week when totm is over x have a good day xx

Totm is evil for weigh ins. Would be interested in how you get on if you do alternate between sw and ww as I love them both! X

Thanks Val, hope it's good with you too x

I'm off to the river pageant today and contemplating having a day off plan. There will be buffet type food where I'm going and I really cba taking my own food - it's daft. I can't be there eating a pot of savoury rice or a ww bread sandwich it's just not what 'normal' people do! So, may have a day where I try to make sensible choices and hope for the best. Can't see me losing this week anyway as it's half term and that usually sends me a bit haywire. Have a good day everyone x

Yes, I can safely say that today was NOT a good diet day :D Started off well with my fruit salad and a bit of toast but then for 'lunch' I had 2 large glasses of Cava, 1 of Chardonnay, crisps, a chocolate biscuit and 2 strawberries. Turns out there wasn't proper food just nibbles. By then I'd had such a bad day that we went for a pizza after the pageant had gone past and I actually chose to order pizza instead of tomatoey pasta :eek: As if that wasn't bad enough, I've opened a box of Heroes since I've been home. So, it's been baaaaad but I've had a really good day despite freezing half to death and tomorrow I'll start week 112 with a nice clean slate and I'm doing WW for a week.

Back