Been to see the nurse

rolo

I went for a pill check and she was very unimpressed with the diet. I tried explaining that I am only doing this short term and then I will start moving up the plans and then return to slimming world to maintain. She said I will put all the weight back on etc, it's not a good way to lose weight etc. I know if I go back to my old ways, of course I will put the weight back on.

She has really put doubts in my mind though because I am so worried about the diet anyway but it's not like I haven't tried healthy eating and exercise. I still can't shake off the permanent light headedness.

I know if I stop now everything I lost will go straight back on as water and glycogen. Just don't know what to do. I so want to lose this weight but. I'm 10.9 now going by my cdc scales (I weighed in at 9st 2 first thing this morning on my own scales). How long do you think it will take me to get to 9stone? Because I think I will quit then.

Roz x

Don't listen to that awful woman she obviously has no idea what she's talking about (nurse or not!!!). My CDC is a nurse and is totally fabulous, and if this diet was bad for you and made you put all the weight back on the minute you stopped doing it she (from a medical point of view) wouldn't be representing it!
As for losing that 2lbs it would all depend on what level you are using hun?

My GP wholeheartedly supports me on this diet and is delighted with my progress so far. When I first joined Minis back in January someone (maybe Porgeous) posted how much healthier she was, than the year before, after her annual health check having lost weight using CD.

Please don't worry about this awful woman she obviously has no idea what this diet is about. You will put weight back on if you go back to what you were doing/eating before starting CD same as any other diet.

Hi, I'm a nurse! it's her personal opinion not medical fact that she is spouting to you, dont listen to her you're doing fine. Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she is not entitled to have opinion's about VLCD's but she doesn't have to inflict her opinion on you! or anyone for that matter!!

I had a similar experience with the nurse at my docs .She was most defenatly against this kind of diet.But when I started to ask her why she felt it was so bad ,she didnt know the first thing about it so how I asked can you be so set against it ,I didnt get any reply .I also asked her which was worse my chest pains the very very very high blood pressure the unable to walk up a slight incline with out a break the fact that I was on borrowed time or the new me. they cant find anything wrong with just been for more tests (pre small operation for lumps on my eyes) and like porgeous fit as a butchers dog xx.

Thanks everyone, just wish I could stop worrying about it all. 9 stone better hurry up because I'm counting down the days until I can stop. That will be the top range of a healthy bmi for me (I'm 5foot). I'm going back in 3 months time. I was being reviewed every 6 months and then it went down to 3 because of my bmi. She was going to put me back to 6 monthly reviews until i told her about the diet grrr. Well in 3 months time I should be at target and maintaining that will show her.

Roz x

b4 i started this cd i could barly walk i was almost house bound and rather depressed and lost all hope in ever being able to stick to a diet since i started cd i can now do almost anything and life is not dreaded each morning so to the professionals that slam the diet they havent helped me in the last 30 years to shift my weight this diet is like a miracle to me nothing has ever removed my hunger i do worry a little a bout the diet but i worryed more about having a heartattack !!!!!!!!

Hiya hun, please don't let this ladies opinions sway you. I am living proof that CD is perfectly healthy. I had a Bupa healthcheck a couple of years ago when I was about 14 stone and had high blood pressure, sky high cholesterol, borderline diabetic, fluid on my knees etc etc. I had a further health check when I had lost most of my weight and blood pressure normal, cholesterol normal, blood sugar normal, knees pain free and all other tests were positive and within the healthy range. And nope, four months into maintenance not one ickle lb back on, in fact two more gone!

Gxx

Some so called medics talk out of their as..s and I bet she had a bit of a weight problem too. You'll be much healthier when you've lost some weight. Hey, Porgeous love the dress in your picture, where did you get it?

Some so called medics talk out of their as..s and I bet she had a bit of a weight problem too. You'll be much healthier when you've lost some weight. Hey, Porgeous love the dress in your picture, where did you get it?

Thanks hun, its a French Connection dress but I got it off Ebay! x

Well Porgeous you look gorgeous in it and I luv your words or wison and hope one day to be the world to one person x

Sorry that should have read wisdom i.e. your quote!

I remember someone telling me something very true (I can't remember if it was on this forum though):

People will give you grief when you are fat. They will give you grief when you are happy with your shape. They will give you grief if you try to lose weight. But they will give you even more grief if you don't do it the "hard" traditional way, sweating 9l of sweat a day and losing 2lbs a month...

You can never win. Just do what YOU feel is right and focus on how YOU feel, not what other people believe (I can't even say "think" as it is not based on facts)

Good luck

Elie x

hey rolo, my nurse at the docs was really impressed that i was on the cd it IS obviously your nurses personal opinion and not medical fact...stick to what you want and not what other people think is best for you...its your own destination noone elses..carry on with cd and reap the rewards shell eat her own words when you show her the results, weight wise and health wise...

Diddy x

Hi Rolo,

It is just her opinion and she has probably never had to think about her weight so can't understand why people try something like CD!! That was my experience anyway - I saw 2 nurses in the space of a week (different places) and they had totally different opinions. The first gave me all sorts of dire health warnings and advised me to stop immediately ......... hmmmmm so being obese has no negative health implications then?!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The second nurse was just very interested and asked me all about CD - she hadn't heard of it but once she knew more thought it sounded great and and wished me the best of luck!! :D

I know , been there too ! However im a nurse and all the gilrs i work with pull faces , til i explained all the packs are nutritionally balanced and i was prob getting a better diet than before i was on it ! Now they are all supportive of me . To be honest it is just ignorance in the diet and how it works , so people dont know what it entails . Just stick to it and dont be put off

Trouble is, Sue, nurses and doctors tend to spout this kinda stuff out as fact and we believe them BECAUSE they are nurses and doctors and supposed to know these things. If they don't know any facts why offer an opinion?

I actually had one nurse tell me all I needed to lose weight was to have a little willpower!

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you but it really irks me.

Nurses are people like everyone else - there are good and bad.
You can't get irked with all nurses or call them 'so called' whatever.

I'm a nurse and work alongside other nurses, doctors and associated staff. The only grief I got about CD was from our receptionist.
It isn't good for me etc etc.
She banged on making horrible comments for weeks until I cried. She didn't seem to care that being overweight was putting my health at risk.

She said she was so healthy she had 'maintained' her weight by healthy eating for 10 years. I said, with respect, I could quite easily maintain 17 stone, it's losing some thats a problem.

She's still 17stone plus and I've dropped 4 stone!

x

Nurses are people like everyone else - there are good and bad.
You can't get irked with all nurses or call them 'so called' whatever.

I'm a nurse and work alongside other nurses, doctors and associated staff. The only grief I got about CD was from our receptionist.
It isn't good for me etc etc.
She banged on making horrible comments for weeks until I cried. She didn't seem to care that being overweight was putting my health at risk.

She said she was so healthy she had 'maintained' her weight by healthy eating for 10 years. I said, with respect, I could quite easily maintain 17 stone, it's losing some thats a problem.

She's still 17stone plus and I've dropped 4 stone!

x

Of course I can get irked by them (and I haven't called anyone so called anything). If I see someone in a professional capacity I expect a professional opinion. If I met them elsewhere then their own opinion would be fair enough.

If I were to express some of my own personal opinions to customers at work I would be in serious trouble and I don't think it is unfair to expect the same professionalism from others.

Of course there are some fantastic doctors and nurses about - I'm not ranting on about them all (honest ;)).

Back