Before & After Photo Thread of Inspiration!!! Post Your photos here!

Kath you look at least 10 yrs younger & your skin, it's glowing now.Utterly FAB.

:eek: Oh my goodness Kath, your photos are out of this world! Truly, your weight loss is magnificent. I simply adore these before and after photos - you look like a completely different person - slim and happy.

Well done you, I'm so impressed!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Kath
YOu look amazing. A shadow of your former self. Younger and very pretty.....the jeans look great as well.

You must be delighted with yourself.

x
Bettyboo

Aw thanks everyone that's really nice of you to make such lovely comments :)

I feel great and am really really looking forward to getting to goal. Hopefully it wont' take me much longer and I can't wait to post the pics of when I do!

Vital stats someone asked me, I'll have to dig them out of my weight book. pm me and I'll have a look :)

Kath xxxxx

you fantastic

Aw thanks everyone that's really nice of you to make such lovely comments :)

I feel great and am really really looking forward to getting to goal. Hopefully it wont' take me much longer and I can't wait to post the pics of when I do!

Vital stats someone asked me, I'll have to dig them out of my weight book. pm me and I'll have a look :)

Kath xxxxx

I am on day 1 on CD (re-start). looking at your photos are a real inspiration. You look fantastic. Well done. How long has this taken you to do and was it on the cambridge diet.:)

I am on day 1 on CD (re-start). looking at your photos are a real inspiration. You look fantastic. Well done. How long has this taken you to do and was it on the cambridge diet.:)

Hello :) Well done on your re-start, hope it's not too tough for you.

It has taken me 21 weeks to lose 7 stone and I've done it on Lighter Life. I have got a way to go yet but I'll get there as quick as I can :D

HEY KATH,(hehehe you started on my b-day!!)

just wanted to send you a big congrats on your weightloss...you look great...

I also wanted to ask if you have been doing any exercise over these past few months?

did you have any stumbles along the way??? (I broke down mid week 4 on CDSS and just cant get back into swing of things (now week 6)...:break_diet:

looking at this thread is an inspiration...got any other tips on sticking with it??????

:fyi: cheers

HEY KATH,(hehehe you started on my b-day!!)

just wanted to send you a big congrats on your weightloss...you look great...

I also wanted to ask if you have been doing any exercise over these past few months?

did you have any stumbles along the way??? (I broke down mid week 4 on CDSS and just cant get back into swing of things (now week 6)...:break_diet:

looking at this thread is an inspiration...got any other tips on sticking with it??????

:fyi: cheers

Hello :)

When I first started I went mad and went the gym every day, then I felt a bit poorly and run down so I changed to 3 excercise classes a week. But I haven't been for a month I'm very ashamed to say that I've let it slip. I'm going to start again but not do anything too mad. I plucked up the courage to go swimming with my husband the other day so I'm going to go and do that again, will try and build some regular excercise back in.

I haven't really had any stumbles, I made a decision to take a week off over Christmas as I was going to Austria - I ate for a whole week and put on a stone! The morning after I arrived back home I started straight back SS'ing and had got the stone off within that week. Then last week I had some medicals that I wanted everything to be at normal levels for so I ate from the Wednesday to the Sunday evening and then straight back into SS on Monday - I was weighed Wednesday and had stayed the same fortunately. I don't recommend these breaks though really, so many people struggle to get back on track - I am lucky that I can be focused and strong enough get back into SS'ing. I hope that doesn't sound patronising, I don't intend it to be - I've just seen a lot of people slip and struggle to get back on so what I'm trying to say is it's better to stay SS'ing and not eat!

I don't know what tip to give to stay on it...for me I want this diet to be over as quickly as possible so I know that if I mess about and eat on it all I am doing is prolonging my own agony. Plus the fact that I'm paying £66 a week, or rather my husband is, and to me it is pointless forking out that amount if I'm not going to give the diet 100% effort.

The best thing I can say is grit your teeth and hold on tight, you'll get there - you'll get there so much quicker if you stay on track :)

Kath xxx

wonderful words...having read you full diary thread...I was able to empathize with many of your feelings and especially the chatterbox -- is that a topic discussed in LL?

I was wondering if the therapy part in LL is helpful? I have been reading on the net from various sources about emotional eating etc -- is that the sort of therapy in LL?

i admire your determination and strength...i will remeber you and ur anecdotes...keep up the great work!!!

thanks for the tips about not eating -- i do agree with that one...getting on track on monday --tomorrow...

Wow Kath, you've done really well with LL. I empathise with what you said about exercise. My past experience has been the same - and I have learned that what ever exercise I do, it has to be sustainable for life. So when I started LL I thought very carefully about what I would be prepared to do regularly, to build it in to my lifestyle and ensure that it became an invisible part of my life.

Quote: "I'm very ashamed to say that I've let it slip. I'm going to start again but not do anything too mad."

You are absolutely right, Kath. The feelings of guilt and shame I felt when (in the past) I could not keep doing the exercise caused me to stop dieting, put all the weight back on, and have to cope with feelings of failure and depression.

Please put your feelings of shame aside, and learn from your mistakes.

Quote: "I am lucky that I can be focused and strong enough get back into SS'ing"

It could be that you are like me and have really taken on board the CBT/TA counselling advice, and used it when the going got tough. I have found it to be crucial to my continuing success. No other weightloss programme has ever addressed my self-destructive eating habits so effectively, and given me the tools to 'fight back'.

Quote: " was wondering if the therapy part in LL is helpful? I have been reading on the net from various sources about emotional eating etc -- is that the sort of therapy in LL?"

As I mentioned above, Nina, I originally decided to do LL precisely because of the cognitive behaviour analysis offered alongside the packs. I have had great success for the first time both with losing the excess weight and unlearning destructive behaviours and learning new, better ways to deal with emotional eating.

Nina,

wonderful words...having read you full diary thread...I was able to empathize with many of your feelings and especially the chatterbox -- is that a topic discussed in LL?

I was wondering if the therapy part in LL is helpful? I have been reading on the net from various sources about emotional eating etc -- is that the sort of therapy in LL?

i admire your determination and strength...i will remeber you and ur anecdotes...keep up the great work!!!

thanks for the tips about not eating -- i do agree with that one...getting on track on monday --tomorrow...
Yes Nina the counselling part of LL is what has made me stick to it - it has completely changed my way of thinking. It's not a cure by a long shot but it has certainly opened many boxes in my mind and given me some brilliant tools to use and coping strategies. I am lucky that I have an excellent Counsellor and she knows her stuff, some are not so fortunate - my friend has just given swapped to CD half way through as she's not impressed with the LLC she has and doesn't feel it's worth the extra money. We had a bit of a wobbly bit when we first moved into development and I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth but that has all be sorted and my LLC has whipped the group back into shape :)

Good luck for getting back on track today Nina - you CAN do it so keep telling yourself "I will do it" :)

Wow Kath, you've done really well with LL. I empathise with what you said about exercise. My past experience has been the same - and I have learned that what ever exercise I do, it has to be sustainable for life. So when I started LL I thought very carefully about what I would be prepared to do regularly, to build it in to my lifestyle and ensure that it became an invisible part of my life.

This is very true AmandaJayne, I love that idea of making it an invisible part of your life - that is some fantastic advice, that is what I need to concentrate on doing :)

You are absolutely right, Kath. The feelings of guilt and shame I felt when (in the past) I could not keep doing the exercise caused me to stop dieting, put all the weight back on, and have to cope with feelings of failure and depression.

Please put your feelings of shame aside, and learn from your mistakes.

Oh yes the guilt thing is quite awful isn't it, I hope I have taken a lesson from the mistake of going to the gym for 3 hours every day! Goodness knows how I ever thought I was going to maintain that ridiculous schedule lol

It could be that you are like me and have really taken on board the CBT/TA counselling advice, and used it when the going got tough. I have found it to be crucial to my continuing success. No other weightloss programme has ever addressed my self-destructive eating habits so effectively, and given me the tools to 'fight back'.

Yes I have, I have found the CBT/TA invaluable, in fact I'd like to do it all again! This is true, I have done every diet under the sun but none of these diets have actually tackled my self destructive eating habits so as soon as I've lost a chunk I just went mad and returned to old habits, never again though - you are right, with these tools we can fight back can't we, and fight back we will ;)

So briing it on :D

Oh and Nina I have another tip :) When your clothes get too big, get rid of them - don't keep a 'fat wardrobe' get rid of them and tell yourself you won't ever be that size again. When I reach goal my plan is that if my clothes are starting to get too tight I'm not going to do my old trick of getting bigger clothes I'm going to stop myself and lose the weight until my clothes fit again. I've kept a couple of things from when I was at my biggest (size 28) but I have taken everything else to the charity shop as soon as it's too big :)

Quote: "I hope I have taken a lesson from the mistake of going to the gym for 3 hours every day! Goodness knows how I ever thought I was going to maintain that ridiculous schedule"

Oh Kath! That reminded me of myself a few years ago when, at one point, I would attend the gym TWICE a day! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!

I was reading the Health and Fitness magazine and it had a programme to follow to lose some weight and tone up. Basically, for six days out of seven you had to at least an hour of exercise of different types every day (except one) ... for 12 weeks.

If you wanted to keep the benefits earned from doing this, you had to keep doing it. I don't know about you, but this is simply not realistic. With family, work and other commitments, exercise has to fit in with me now.

Quote: "I hope I have taken a lesson from the mistake of going to the gym for 3 hours every day! Goodness knows how I ever thought I was going to maintain that ridiculous schedule"

Oh Kath! That reminded me of myself a few years ago when, at one point, I would attend the gym TWICE a day! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!

I was reading the Health and Fitness magazine and it had a programme to follow to lose some weight and tone up. Basically, for six days out of seven you had to at least an hour of exercise of different types every day (except one) ... for 12 weeks.

If you wanted to keep the benefits earned from doing this, you had to keep doing it. I don't know about you, but this is simply not realistic. With family, work and other commitments, exercise has to fit in with me now.

No way! I could not maintain that, it'd all go to pot and then I'd feel like I'd failed again! So yes I agree with you that excercise should fit in with you, I took the first step and walked to school this morning ;)

Had a spare 1/2hr this morning and spent it flicking through this thread. Wow and well done to everyone!! I am on week 4 of LL and all of you are certainly an inspiration to keep going. Thank you.

c2b befoe and after! Now a size 12 knickers and very proud to be!

Found an old photo
A photo from a while ago ................and one from Sat

DSCF0009e.jpg
2007_0303_Muddy_Field_Walk_0013a.jpg

Hey c2b your before and after pics are fab. You've done really well!!!! WELL DONE!!!

You're dog's grown loads! ;)

Back