Begin at the Beginning

wow you have done soo well! I think we all would like to pick areas where we want it off - but mother nature has different ideas. i guess as you get closer to goal it gets harder to motivate yourself - I guess you have to be comfortable in yourself only you know when it is right to stop - and if you maek the deciscion to keep going try and commit - it took me 3 months to lose my last 11lbs before i was happy simply because I was 1/2 trying... either way you should be so proud of how welll you have done

Thank you Curvy. Luckily I am very much committed I have been 100% now for just over 3 months on these packs and I am not stopping till I see that 10 stone something on the scales. I just have an extremely tricky week coming up staying at various peoples house that it is going to be very very hard to explain what I am doing, the trouble is there is no way I can even disguise the packs lol.

Weigh in today and I am another 3lb down and have broken into the 11 stone something category and so close to a normal BMI : ) and less than a stone to goal eek......I can do this, I will do this final stretch lets just hope it doesn't take me another 3 months to lose the final bit. So have just added up all my packs including the shakes that I used at the start of this journey and in total I only have enough for another 33 days on 4 packs a day so that only takes me to mid February, eeek! I really need to plan and think what I am going to do after that. I guess I could just buy another pack of the vanilla shakes and chocolate shakes and have that for the final few weeks but that is going to be pretty boring but I did it at the start for many weeks so I can do it again I guess. I still have my head buried in the sand about how I am going to refeed and what plan to follow, I need to read up more on it because I think I need some packs for that too, gulp is all a huge scary step now that it is getting closer.

So 2lb a week loss will take nearly 7 weeks
A 2.5lb a week loss will take just over 5 weeks
A 3lb a week loss will take just under 5 weeks

Which of those will it be......so fingers crossed which ever amount a week it is I will be at goal by the end of February eek!

Tilley - I am itching to know how the dress shopping went?

Last edited:
Hello skinny! Well done on another loss, you legend! I've been absent from here for two reasons - the first, work. And that leads to the second - food.

I cannot cope at work again. I don't know how much is just me being a sulk after holiday at Christmas, and how much is the workload. About 2 years ago I had 3 weeks off for stress which is when my weight started to creep up. Now it feel similar again. I'm binge-eating. Last night I promised myself was the last night. I hope I can keep to that. At present, my ex-manager hates me because I was in a harrassment case with him, he got demoted but kept a job at the same level as me on the same team. He talked to a lot of people and made a lot of things up about me, so I'm a bit of a loner and he's been treated with nothing but praise and 'poor yous'. My closest friend here died a few years ago, as some of you may remember. I then formed a close friendship with another person here and she has been off with stress for 9 weeks now. In the mean time the 'poor you' guy has continued with his workload, which was already far less than mine, and I've been told to cover quite a few parts of the sick lady's work. So I'm on the biggest workload, on lots of different global projects that require 'extra-curricular' work to my normal job and all have lots of deadlines every other week, plus now this extra work. We're all target based and the end of the year is April so it's mounting up and I'm getting pressure about being a let-down from my team because I'm not working quick enough on their things with all this other stuff to do. Basically, whinge whinge whinge, I am miserable. I hate not feeling like I can do everything, irrational as that is. I've tried searching for other jobs, taking a pay cut, and never get a look in. Perhaps I need to lower my CV so they don't think I'll be in and out the door and upset about money. Or its the general climate in the UK at the moment - lots of people NEED jobs, and I shouldn't whinge but I'm sick. Tired all the time, headaches, you name it, I've got it. Went to bed at 8:30pm yesterday as I felt unable to function even to watch TV.

So, I have to go to session tonight. I've done so badly that I could get through from today to next Tuesday on the packs I have left over, but I need two extra days to make up the full week. Also, I dn't want to let down the people I'm friends with in class, or go right back to the start again. The thing is, I don't want to be told off again - even a stern talking to would tip me over the edge and I'm not sure if I'll explode in rage or just cry. Either way, I need to be left alone - that's how I feel. I can't fix work, I can fix myself, but I don't need to be told how important I am in all this, because I already know I'm sabotaging myself and my own goals which will ultimately make life worse.

The dress shopping - after all that whinging - was wonderful. I've narrowed it down to two dresses and go back in a week's time to try again. I looked beautiful. there you go - I complimented myself. At this weight, probably 13 stone 6lbs by now, I looked lovely and felt amazing. HOWEVER, I do want to lose this weight so I have to get back on track with the plan to get there in time to order the dress to be made. They need 5 months, so end of Feb measurements for the dress initially and then any more alterations would have to be internal.

I spoke with my OH last night and he made me promise it'd be the last night i binge. He wants me to achieve this so much. He's fed up with my sadness. But also, confused about why I'm so tired - he really doesn't get my job bless him, and is very laid back so just tells me to take it easy and doesn't get why I can't - I'm the organiser/perfectionist I guess. I have to do this. I know I can too. At the moment I just soooo dn't want to go to this meeting and talk about it. It's the LAST thing I want to do with my evening. I want the packs, I want to succeed but...urgh.

Anyway, enough time not working, back to it I go xxx

Omg I feel very sad reading your post, the first thing comes to mind, change your job its not worth it, but like you say it is very hard today to get a job that is stable! But you will not be fulfilled and happy in the one you have, there is too much baggage, poor you. I think sometimes we need to re-address our situation and if you could start again somewhere else with a little less money and responsibility you would have a chance of climbing again. I would be inclined to think that the most important job for you at the moment is your happiness and well being so priority would be to try for another position, and if you leave it too long you won't have the energy or drive to do anything.

Hope you can get things sorted hun.

Tracy
x

Reporting for weigh in, am back to my Saturday morning weigh in again, so just 6 days since my last weigh in but a rather shocking 4.5b weight loss this week. This takes me to 11st8.5lb and a BMI of 24.7......so a normal BMI, I did it, I really really did. Now this was my initial goal and a weight that I have managed to maintain before but have decided this time I want to get lower so have another 9lb to go. It is getting scarily close that soon I will have to eat food. I have not eaten food for over 3 months now and I am so so scared about it. Was awkward today when I was out for longer than I had planned and didn't have any food packs with me but knew I couldn't break the diet so sat at a dinner table with 11 other people and put a small amount of food on my plate, it was really noticeable that I had hardly anything on my plate and a few comments made and then I had to pretend to eat and had to put the food in my mouth but I didn't chew and then managed to put it in my paper napkin. This scares me that I couldn't physically bring myself to chew the food and break the diet. It was only some chicken and salad so all would have been fine but I just couldn't do it. So I had started the day with my oatmeal, had a bar midday and then nothing until I got home and had a shake at 10.45pm, I still have one pack to go but feel I would be eating for the sake of it. I really need to face up to the fact that very soon I need to be eating and I just don't know how I am going to tackle these issues : (

It is scary, I have only been back on plan for 2 weeks but I am petrified of even licking my fingers in case I put weight on or worse still come out of ketosis!

Well done on getting to normal BMI, I can't wait for that too.

Tracy
x

Well done skinny girl! A healthy BMI and target. You must be soooo happy :)

Well well, Skinny, I am so proud of you. But a little worried too. We need to find you a new regime to stick to, it's obvious you work VERY well when told exactly what to do so now we find a food version of that and wean you over. Oh to have your dedication and focus. Well, that is what I am going to do - act as if I'm you for the next 10 weeks.

Day 2: the restart is restarted. Again. And I will keep trying again and again until I get back on it. Fate converged over this last week to teach me a lesson. Skinny gave me a talking to, my Mum called to find out how I am doing, my best friend drove to see me and is coming with my other bridesmaid to see me try to choose between two favourite dresses this Weds, my counsellor text me about how I'm doing, to pep me up, my partner has decided he's doing a diet to get ready for the wedding, the person that got me into LL (5 stone off in 15 weeks, three years ago, never back on) called to see how I'm doing. All in all it was one of those weekends where you have a lot of time to think and realise how annoyed you are that you're not giving those lovely regular updates about how much you've lost. And that's not what I want.

Was talking with counsellor about how the moment I finished dress shopping I went and got lunch with my mum. Real food lunch, and have found it hard from there. I thought it was due to 'celebrations' being 'foody' for me. As we chatted she came up with a much more plausible theory - I wasn't tiny, they still had to elastic band me in, and so i just went 'meh, tried, not good enough, not there yet, can't be bothered to try'. And I think that's spot on. I felt beautiful, but I was still a fat girl, in spanx, being wedged in. And yes I tell myself that's normal for the majority trying on sample dresses, but if I'd been a size 12 or 10 that would not have happened in the same way at all. Most of the dresses were 12s or 14s, so... yeah.

So here I go again. i can't promise you that I won't muck up, or fall off. I'm not promising anything but that yesterday was 100% and today I aim to do the same. And then again tomorrow. When I first started this that's all i had in my mind for the first two weeks. I sulked, and raged, and went to bed early, but by week 3 with 16lbs off it all started to become worth it and I never deviated. Ever. So, by working day by day I'm going ot accumulate them to weeks until I get where I want to be and need to be for my own sanity. I don't want to be scared to face my group, or my counsellor, or worry about failing.

Another friend noted that I'm quite a perfectionist and very strong at lots of things (that's nice huh?) but her take on it is that my one massive area of weakness is about food. I worked hard to get all my qualifications and my promotions and everything I have, which is all wonderful, but i can be 'strong' at those. What I need to do now is take something I'm not so good at and work on it in the same perfectionist no-holds-barred way, even if it means working against one of my weaknesses and confronting it.

I do want to know that on 24 August this year my dress is perfectly made to match my body and that it's in the best shape it's ever been.
I do want to be confident and self-assured in all aspects of my life, body and mind.
I do want to be a different kind of woman - one who has looked after herself.
I do want to enjoy life without hiding behind big clothes, or trying not to cry every time a social event comes up.
I do want to KNOW I am beautiful without wearing my OH down fishing for little compliments all the time.
I do want to go on our activity honeymoon and cycle, climb, canoe, dance, run, without being disgusted at myself (as I was last year).
I do want photos that go on forever of me looking young and fresh and slender.

I do. :)

Day 2 100%. Phew! About to go to bed with the most cracking headache despite 8 pints of water, 2 black coffees, a litre of fizzy and a black tea. Oh it hurts right in my forehead. Feeling no pangs of temptation and that is a joy! X

Well done Tilley! You can do this! As you know one more day and you will start to feel better.
sleep well :)

Feeling a bit better here on day 3, but my head and eyes are POUNDING. GLUG GLUG GLUG. and sleep. (I wish!).

Yes I was going to stay the same! Go to bed early and keep going xx

Home in the snow. First thought: curl up with munchy Italian food and watch tv in warm. Second and final thought-call my friend, drink my vanilla shake and coffee, PJs on, watch tv. The comfort of snowy binge eating will not taste as sweet as gorgeous summer clothes in a size 12 and my gorgeous teeny self in wedding dress! Thank god for my head finally sorting out it's priorities! X

well done !!

Day 4 has dawned. Hurrah. Feeling very positive and good being back on track with a clean slate now. Weigh in and session tonight, looking forward to it weirdly - because i know I have nothing to hide! duh!

Wedding dress second viewing and decision time wiht my mother and bridesmaids this afternoon, so a half day off work. Not sure if i'm nervous or excited. Being centre of attention in front of them all, eeeeek. Still, I've promised myself that tonight's tea will be a choc bar and then a choc shake to celebrate whatever may happen today. The plan is in action.

Not much more to say. I'll update all my weight stuff, pleeeeeeeeeease let it be good. I need a really good loss this week to just make me feel that I've done the right thing. Rationally and health-wise I know I have, but the scales need to join with me on this one and keep me going!

Good luck !!

5lbs off! Hurrah! Just 0.6 kg to be back at my pre xmas weight. Easy peasy by next week me thinks! So happy, also bought my wedding dress today, so it's a double whammy of awesomeness!

Back