Begin at the Beginning

Skinny you could try 10g ground linseed for toileting, it will add calories but the end justifies the means.

Will check that out thank you.

Will also see about dropping the senokot, although I do tend to forget to take it everyday anyway, maybe that is where it went wrong!

Tilley - I am not eating at Christmas I have decided I don't want to break it for just one day, is going to be tricky because we do have house guests for 6 weeks, my in-laws are coming to stay but I hope that it will all be okay. The harder time will be when I am away visiting relatives with my 3 children in tow for a week in January, again I don't want to break it but don't know how I am going to get away with avoiding eating without causing an issue. I wish I could tell people about this diet but I just cannot bring myself to. Am hoping to be a good few pounds lighter by then and I just don't think people understand this diet unless they have been through it themselves.

Good luck for weigh in I predict a 4lb loss : )

x

With regards to the toilet thing...don't worry too much. remember that going every day is what happens when there is enough food in your system to push it all along. You have very little food in there and most of it is liquid. Basically what is left in your colon is the equivalent of the dried packs once all t he water is squeezed out. So - don't worry if you only go once every few days. As long as your tummy isn't sore or you don't feel bloated than just let it happen...:)

I'll reply more later, but for now: I've just had a soup and I'm finding lately that when I have a hot packet I get really flushed - is this normal? Just the opposite of being cold most of the time then suddenly putting warm fuel in me? doesn't happen with coffee, really weird. I'm at my desk like a bright red santa!

With regards to the toilet thing...don't worry too much. remember that going every day is what happens when there is enough food in your system to push it all along. You have very little food in there and most of it is liquid. Basically what is left in your colon is the equivalent of the dried packs once all t he water is squeezed out. So - don't worry if you only go once every few days. As long as your tummy isn't sore or you don't feel bloated than just let it happen...:)

The thing is I am in pain and terribly bloated. I just don't want it to get like it did in the first few weeks and I didn't go for 12 days I was in agony and it was such a painful experience. Am barely managing once a week.

Am feeling very down about the diet the last few days and am wondering if this is all worth it. I have been 100% I have not even been tempted to cheat and I know it is because yet again the scales are not showing a loss yet this week, I know daily weighing is not good but I just cannot help it. I will be heading back to the gym tomorrow now that after my recent illness that has dragged on for weeks has nearly gone, maybe that will help. Anyway sorry to bring the thread all down and about me and my woes but am just struggling to see if this is going to work.

Tilley - not sure about the flushed thing I have not had that happen x

Oh skinny, don't give up. I can see why you're fed up, but don't buy into it. What you have to try and see is that long term there is no way that you'll not lose weight. You need to get rid of those scales. They are so bad for my moods so they're gone. I know that I'll weigh myself and either have lost - yey, wonder if I should eat now, or gained - boo, should probably eat now. Although it's really hard you need to try and think outside of just the weight. I mean, obviously that's why we're doing it BUT it's more (for me) I don't want to see this in the mirror. I want nice clothes to fit me in smaller sizes. I want to respect myself. The weight is why I don't have these things yet, but the actual lbs are not all that matters - it's these other things. Have you been doing the measurements? Try it if not. You have to give this time darling. The outcome is to lose a lot of weight, if you stop are you going to do that? Can you really persist with just low calorie eating? Do you think you'd lose more? If so, and you mean it, and it's not an excuse to just get over this blip, then you should go for it and try a different path to get what you want. BUT I really believe we have to accept that just because we're doing this so strictly does not mean it's going to be overnight. We just have to cling to one another and do this.

I'm not sure if I'm being helpful or just sounding all self-righteous, which I don't mean to. I just know that if I get a bad loss I will be devastated, I agree with you, but also, I mustn't stop, for too many reasons. Eventually it will work itself out and I'll be slim, but I have to WAIT and actively work at doing this diet to get there. I can't doubt it or myself or my body. It just might be cruel sometimes when it comes to the actual reading on the scales.

I don't know if this will help. A lot of it might be the pains you are getting, which are not pleasant at all. :-( I'm sad to hear that it's persisting. Just hang on...and post back on here. Don't ever worry about sounding down, did you READ some of my previous posts? Whinging is all part of this process. xx

Hiya.. been reading this thread from start to finish this morning. i have been 9 weeks on LL and lost 3 stone. there have been highs and lows during the last 9 weeks. I am plodding along towards my goal, 3st done, and 4 to go, so nearly at the half way point. Its a journey, and like a road trip if you stop half way, you will end up either lost, or find your way some how back to where you started, but you certainly wont reach your destination. It is tough sometimes, and LL is good for the counseling and support. stick to the plan, drink the water, and above all silence the little sabotage voices in your head and all will be well - bon chance ladies

All you have to do is take a look at my weight losses to see that it goes up and down. I had a couple of weeks over Christmas last year where i only lost a pounds even though I was 100%. This really got me down as i felt i missed out on christmas for nothing. But looking back on it now, I am so glad i stuck with it. Just keep plodding on because there really is no other choice. Doing anything other than sticking to the plan will result in weight gain or a reversal of what you have acheived already. So it just isn't an option. Things will improve.

Gosh thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to me am very touched. I am not going to give up because I know I need this total absence from food to lose the weight. I wish they had LL over here in Australia it is a struggle not having someone to go and talk to each week at a weigh in. Sorry I feel a fraud being on your LL thread when I am doing another VLCD. I have been 100% despite having to cook for my 3 young children and husband, food does not even tempt me. I have tried in the past to hide the scales away and by the end of the day I was begging my husband to tell me where he had hidden them, how useless is that! Yes in 5 weeks I have lost 21lb and I certainly would not have done that on any other diet I just need to keep plodding on. I am still drinking so much water and not straying from my 4 packs a day. Will try and hunt down a shop that will sell ground linseed tomorrow, infact will check online now and see if there is somewhere.
Well is nearly bedtime for me here in Australia and seeing as I will be up at 5am to go to Body Combat I best go and get some sleep soon.
A big thank you everyone for listening to my moaning and I will try and take baby steps at removing the scales from my life.....now where can I put them?

xx

Hi skinny, I hope it works! You are not a fraud on the LL thread - we're all doing the same thing and that's all that matters! I mean that honestly!

So I had my third week weigh in and 3.5lbs off, taking me to 16lbs in three weeks - I'm thrilled with that. Couldn't stay last night as had our puppy spayed yesterday and had to get back to her, she wasn't well at all and my parents had come to look after her for me for a bit, but felt guilty. My counsellor said I look really well and i was explaining about how people are saying that and it simply leads me to think, oh my god, i was SO fat before if I'm this fat now!

I've gone for a size 16 long jumper over leggings today but feel all naughty because it's quite tight (no bulge is hidden) but I figure I would have worn something bigger before this diet and still would've had bulges so I may as well wear it and watch as gradually it gets too big. Anyone notice a theme here - making sure I realise I have a ways to go and not giving up. Not that I feel like it at all. In fact, yesterday i struggled to have 4 packets. Not sure why, stress of dog perhaps, but I just wanted to go to bed and realised i had another shake to go. Had it (of course!) but wasn't really bothered. Not like me at all.

So, this week I am going to do at least 1 session of swimming. I didn't last week, and I need to get back into the swing of it so I can start to tone as I go along.

Got the new apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast and looking forward to that. Out with friends on Friday for a gig, so I've got a bar this week to take with me - we're doing a meal (well, they are) and lots of drinking (of water for me) and I want something quick and discreet-ish to have whilst we're out. I feel no need to 'join in' with the food, I don't feel bad or like it'll be awkward or anything. I love this.

Onwards to week 4! xx

Woo hoo that is a great loss and look how close you are to 13 and a half stone, just think next week you will be even closer to 12 stone something, how cool does that sound, pom poms a go go here.

I hope your dog gets better soon, must be such a worry.

I went to the 5.45am body combat class this morning and it felt good to be back, have not been able to go for the past month because of illness. I feel so much better after I have gone to the gym I just hope it doesn't stall my weight loss even more.

Also had a swim in our pool this afternoon, that is one good thing about the summer approaching being able to cool off in the pool and being in the back garden I don't have to worry about baring my body in a swimsuit to the general public, not a pretty sight!

Am trying to think of a plan for getting rid of my scales, I think if they were in the house still then I would be too tempted to get them out again, but not sure what to do with them, any suggestions?

Have had all my packs today, well I say packs it is actually 3 shakes (chocolate or vanilla) and a bar, wish they had more choice for me to spice it up a bit! Shame that Exante don't send the packs overseas because they have a better variety.

Only one more day till my weigh in on Saturday morning, am trying to stat positive but think it will be another small loss but better off than on I guess!

I am not going to give up.

Finally tracked down some Linseed so will grind it up and add it to my shake later hope it gets things shifting!

hope the linseed works a treat.

Me too, have just had a shake with it in, gave it a kind of nutty taste and something for me to chew! So just 10g a day you reckon?

Oh my fellow slimmers....I am so ill. Well, I got up this morning and then a nearly fainted. Then my legs cramped up. Then I got ready for work, and nearly fainted again - was on hands and knees, dretched in a cold sweat, with roaring in my ears and black spots if I opened my eyes. I then had a thumping heartbeat, my head hurts, I'm tired and I feel sick. I think it's how terrible my period has been - on and off and then every on day it's been exceptionally heavy - lack of iron maybe? Feel quite tense now and panicky and uncertain. My OH is really worried and said he wants me to eat some steak and spinach tonight if this continues. Follow the 'Lite' version of the diet until the period goes. I've texted my counsellor as not sure what to do. I'm still keeping on with my water but I'm really pale and feel like I could just crumple here at my desk. Was thinking of going to buy some iron supplements (which I used to take before the diet) but need to find one that won't effect me being in ketosis. A bit scared today. Carrying on with my water and had my porridge all as usual, but it's made me very worried.

Will try it and let you know, thanks xx

Gosh Tilley what a worry, am too new to all this to know what is best to advice. I have no idea what supplements knock you out of ketosis (am having concerns that the linseed that I have started taking will) Please take care of yourself and report back in so we know that you are okay xx

Thank you for the info diem, will see how i go on the 10g, i hope I go soon because am in a fair amount of pain x

Tilley -how has the rest of the day gone for you, have just woken up for the day and my first thought was I need to check you are ok x

As for me it is weigh in day...... Another week of sticking to it 100% so am hoping for good results. Will report back once I have weighed in eek!

Just had my weigh in and am pleased to report a 3lb loss this week. Also am taking the very brave step for me of removing the scales from the bathroom so I don't do a daily weigh in, this is going to be so hard for me but I am going to try and not weigh myself for at least the weekend, ideally not until next Saturday morning but I need to take baby steps at removing the scales as a daily part of my life. This will be a hard habit to break but am hoping I can manage it.

Just noticed that it is just 2 stone to go to get to a healthy BMI, am hoping to go lower than that but that is the initial plan.

Thank you Diem, I just noticed I now weigh what you did at the start of your weight loss journey! My weigh in is after a wee, no food/drink, naked and the best of 3 haha! Had a good day avoiding food in a social situation today, we were at a birthday party down on the beach, lots of food but I just said I was being super strict and if food was passed my way I gave it to my husband or children. I had my soup in a travel mug so that no one was any the wiser and glugged and glugged away on the water.

Any nice plans for the weekend?

That sounds fun have a great day, I miss the UK.

Back