Being rubbish at the SW 'rules'- e.g. My Mum

love it!

a girl in work who was doing sw at the time went out for lunch and had a white bagel (a healthy extra to her not the 12syns i found in the food directory) with butter and bacon-fat on! came back proud as punch that she still had enough syns left for her chippy that nite

i said why r u just getting fish and picking the batter off? she looked at me all confused and said why would i do that, its the best bit!

then again continually questioned why she wasnt losing weight!

i gave up trying to help her after that

still perserving with my mum who has now asked me 2 write out my food diary for this week to give her ideas despite everyday ive been speaking to her on the phone saying oh i dont like that!

Loving the mum stories, thank you so much for sharing them!!

My mum done a 'points system' for years (which to be honest I think she made up herself, but fair play to her, she managed to lose weight on it) and counted a Tunnocks Teacake as 1 point. She came through to the living room the other day and offered me a ginger nut "because they're really good for you, there's no sugar in them at all!"

... I invited her to look at the ingredients on the pack and, bless her, she was heartbroken :D "All these years I've thought they were good for me!!"

I heart mums!

OMG that wa funny , me and the OH was in guffaws lol

Reminds me of when I came out to my mum, she is in her 50's and when I said to her that I was gay, she looked at me with a gleem in her eye and said "I have had an 'experieince' with a woman (she did the quote thingy with her fingers) and then said "I dont understand the attraction...all it is is fiddling"...I nearly spurted my coffee everywhere! She regularly make my OH nearly pee herself laughing. My mum told her once of her 'experience' and said "she looked just like you as well' WINK lol!! She is a riot and a half I can tell you...mum aye! lol

Very late post here - but just found this and I couldn't stop laughing as I'm currently having the same conversation, day after day after day ..... with my mum. You get the picture? The pork pie bit is Soooooooo relevant.

She's 77 and trying to lose 5 stone. So far she's lost 1.5 lbs since xmas and can't understand why. She can't cook, so lives on take-aways or ping dinners . . .

* Fish & mushy peas every Friday ("the fish is good for me and the batter is really thin. I can have mushy peas on a green day can't I". "No mum, if you're having a big fish that makes it a red day")
* Whole 8" round pork lattice ("the lattice has so much less pastry than the pies")
* Dressed crab ("crab is fish, so it must be good for you". "What about the full fat mayo mum?")
* Beef in oyster sauce with spare ribs and prawn crackers every Saturday from her favourite chinese take-away ("I can't stand rice and vegetables so I just get extra meat")
* And my favourite - Aunt Bessies yorkshire pudings with roast beef and gravy ("Yorkshires are make from eggs so they must be free")

Where would we be without our mums?

Haha, I actually laughed out loud, the pork pie bit really got me too - my Mum is EXACTLY the same ... she complains of not loosing weight yet she cheats the plan so much!

aww bless your mum, i just snorted tea laughing at it mind :D
and the pork pie thing omg so funny x​

My mum started this week. I asked her how she was getting on. She said "Well, I'm managing half-days".

She didnt want to answer which half though...

Such a funny thread. My obsession with losing weight has come from my mum! She has shocking will power though. Last week she babysat whilst we went out and next day I noticed a full Pkt babybel's, 3 alpen light bars, a mullerlight and a packet if snackajacks gone, as well as the tea (healthy) I'd left her! Bless her x

I've a friend like this. She doesn't write down her syns, so it's 6 here, 2 there, another 5 later, but she never "uses all of her syns"... mmmmm....
She is a plan expert, but she doesn't know what Healthy extras are, so doesn't weigh them. She was having cornflakes for breakfast, told her that wasn't a HE, she ignored me. Then the first week she gained, she told me that she couldn't have cornflakes. :mad: Isn't that what I said??!!
Now she is having an odd meal on her "day off", which can be Friday night, and Saturday afternoon and then a meal out on Sunday. But devastated to gain 2 lbs cos she had been so good. Following week she cut back (i.e. didn't really eat much during the week) and was peeved cos she only lost the 2lbs she put on the previous week - she thought she'd have about four off altogether.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:D:D this thread is so funny. Especially loved the pork pie!

My sister bless her doesn't understand the plan, so she bought me carrot cake! Because it's got carrots in it!!! Luckily I'd rather starve than eat carrot cake!

My mum started this week. I asked her how she was getting on. She said "Well, I'm managing half-days".

She didnt want to answer which half though...

half a day a week??

My Mum has followed weight watchers on and off for years. Since I've started SW she decided to try to lose some weight using WW again. I told her that WW are now doing pro-points so points on WW packaging will not match what she's doing (she's doing it from home so will use her old books etc) Mum's reply was "It's ok - I'm not counting points, just following the spirit of WW!" Surely counting points IS the spirit of WW! Made me laugh a lot.

Shirleen said:
My sister bless her doesn't understand the plan, so she bought me carrot cake! Because it's got carrots in it!!! Luckily I'd rather starve than eat carrot cake!

I can't resist carrot cake - it's gorgeous! Only make it when I have plenty of people to eat it so I have to stop at a teeny piece!!

Mum's reply was "It's ok - I'm not counting points, just following the spirit of WW!"

That for me is a proper mum comment and reminds me so much of my late mum. To be fair, she would have said it with a twinkle in her eye and a little smirk :D

half a day a week??

Funny enough my C texted earlier, to say Hi and see how I was and that, and asked how they (my mum, and brother, and aunt) were doing, and I told her about half-days, and she said she had never heard of them, so I told her it was the new plan Slimming World were bringing out, where you eat healthy breakfast and healthy lunch, and then gorge on rubbish until you pass out from bloating or the sugar high. Its for people who find Extra Easy too much like hard work.

I think I might suggest it.

Funny enough my C texted earlier, to say Hi and see how I was and that, and asked how they (my mum, and brother, and aunt) were doing, and I told her about half-days, and she said she had never heard of them, so I told her it was the new plan Slimming World were bringing out, where you eat healthy breakfast and healthy lunch, and then gorge on rubbish until you pass out from bloating or the sugar high. Its for people who find Extra Easy too much like hard work.

I think I might suggest it.

Yes - that's the plan for me!!
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

we are all a bit like your mam on bad days
Bless her

OMG that wa funny , me and the OH was in guffaws lol

Reminds me of when I came out to my mum, she is in her 50's and when I said to her that I was gay, she looked at me with a gleem in her eye and said "I have had an 'experieince' with a woman (she did the quote thingy with her fingers) and then said "I dont understand the attraction...all it is is fiddling"...I nearly spurted my coffee everywhere! She regularly make my OH nearly pee herself laughing. My mum told her once of her 'experience' and said "she looked just like you as well' WINK lol!! She is a riot and a half I can tell you...mum aye! lol

Fabulous! This is the kind of thing my late gran would have come out with with a wicked gleam in her eye! The same gran who amazed us all by losing 7 stone with WW while having a daily delivery of custard slices from the local bakery - if only I knew her secret bless her!

Back