Ben's Big Battle with Junk Food

Hi Ben -- You'll get back at it when you are back in the UK.

And, congrats! What a great experience. And, WW is originally a US thing -- so, no excuses (when you live there) there are meetings there, too.

MM

Congrats for the 3 lbs loss.

It sounds like you've benn enjoying New York :)

Was amazing. So excited at the prospect of spending the next 5/6 years of my life over there! :D

Was amazing. So excited at the prospect of spending the next 5/6 years of my life over there! :D

You'll make it happen;)

Only five or six years? lol I've been in Europe over sixteen and only came for two!

MM

Haha... 6 years on the H-1B visa, then who knows! :D

In other news, I'm ill again. And not happy about it, as it only came on as the bell for the end of school rang. Feeling really weak and dizzy and not very hungry - which is good! :D

Also, just weighed myself, 14 stone exactly. I am so close to my final target it's unbelievable: to get into the 13 stones! We'll see what happens on Monday though, as this weigh-in was anything but personally-official.

Sorry to hear you're unwell Ben! Just think of the calories your immune system will be burning trying to fend off the invaders ;p

Hope you feel better soon, are you back in the UK yet? What's the plans re: working in New York?

I'm always unwell! It's almost certainly down to my phobia of anything that is remotely healthy for me. Peas make me gag, carrots are horrible and salad - I just plain don't like it. If I've learnt anything, I defeinitely need to up my fruit intake, as these are the only nutrients I'll be getting. Isn't it ironic that next week in my Food Tech class I've got to teach about vegetables, when I don't like them! I just need to man up. Maybe being ill and tired all the time is a sign that I should do something about it. But at the moment, I don't really want anything!

As for America, I have the job and have been in correspondance with Arlene, the principal through email. Basically the end of the matter is that we're going to be staying in contact throughout the visa application process. She loves me and I love her and the school and honestly can't wait to start in September. At the moment, they're advertising the post in 2 newspapers in NYC (as per law) and then things can officially start!

oh that's great news! Must be amazing moving your life over to an entirely different country. I hear american people love the British accent, a few people have told me New York is a great place to visit but I didn't know anyone until today that had upped sticks and moved out there to live! GL for the exciting future ahead, and grats on your huge weight loss!

Hi Ben,

I think you should take a multi-vitamin if you aren't going to eat your veggies. Push the fluids and try and rest. The recycled air on planes is full of germs... so, you have probably picked up some sort of virus.

Also, it is not at all uncommon for new teachers to constantly fall ill -- as they are being exposed to so much. You'll build up your immune system after a time.

I think that after you have lived in the U.S. for five years, you can apply for a resident visa. So, that six year work visa will get you in and then if you want to stay you ought to be able to work it.

MM

I've achieved all my targets! :O
Just got the last 12lbs to lose! :D

that's great Ben :)

Congrats xx

:DCongratulations:D

I've achieved all my targets! :O
Just got the last 12lbs to lose! :D

WOW -- February was an amazing month for you! Congrats, BEN!

MM

Got another loss this week of 3lbs. Really happy! :)
Am so close to my target, just 9lbs to go. Might even be able to shift that before March, or the 1st week of April. Although, I'm thinking that I may lower my goal when I reach there, as I think I'm aiming for a lower target of 24.9BMI. Now I thought that I'd never make it to 26.1 (what a random number) or, to be honest below 30, so to be currently at 27.4 I'm over the moon. Would just like to say I'm 'normal' though.

In other news I have tonsillitis. Which is rubbish. Especially as a teacher. It all started on Friday after school, as my body knew I had a really important weekend ahead of me; the Yorkshire Area Brass Band Championships. So I developed tonsillitis (1st time EVER), played, WON!, and had to drive all the way to Bradford and back and teach all day, before I could get to a walk in centre. To be fair, when I was there, I was seen in 30 minutes which was amazing and I now have Penicillin V, but it's awful!

Current weight is 13stone 9lbs, 4stone 2lbs off from the starting weight. Just want to get comfortably into 34" formal trousers now! :)

Hi Ben,

Sorry you are ill.

Please do not lower your target until you get to your goal. If once you are there, and you still want to lower it -- then do so. But, it is important psychologically for you to "finish". Does this make sense?

For example, my goal reads 138. I will wait until I get to 138... try on my clothes, see how I like being 138, see if I want to work on maintenance or if I "have it in me" to take some more off. But, if I keep lowering my goal -- not only might I nver get there (overly ambitious, etc.) -- it will make it that much further in the future.

It is kind of like graduation. You graduated, you had a ceremony, you've got your diploma... now if you decided that you want to learn some more, you desire more classes, etc. Then you can go on for your Masters'. But no matter what, even if you do not finish that Masters', "You will always be a Uni graduate!"

So, if you get to "goal" -- then lowering it, regaining a little, getting pregnant (scratch that not a concern for you ;) ), but you get the idea... no matter what happens or fails to happen, you will always have the knowledge that YOU DID IT!!!! YOU GOT TO GOAL!!!

I hope the meds kick in soon and you are are feeling better. So typical of the new teacher experience (darn germ infested students!)

And SUPER Congrats on the music competition!!!

MM

Hi Ben,

Sorry you are ill.

Please do not lower your target until you get to your goal. If once you are there, and you still want to lower it -- then do so. But, it is important psychologically for you to "finish". Does this make sense?

For example, my goal reads 138. I will wait until I get to 138... try on my clothes, see how I like being 138, see if I want to work on maintenance or if I "have it in me" to take some more off. But, if I keep lowering my goal -- not only might I nver get there (overly ambitious, etc.) -- it will make it that much further in the future.

It is kind of like graduation. You graduated, you had a ceremony, you've got your diploma... now if you decided that you want to learn some more, you desire more classes, etc. Then you can go on for your Masters'. But no matter what, even if you do not finish that Masters', "You will always be a Uni graduate!"

So, if you get to "goal" -- then lowering it, regaining a little, getting pregnant (scratch that not a concern for you ;) ), but you get the idea... no matter what happens or fails to happen, you will always have the knowledge that YOU DID IT!!!! YOU GOT TO GOAL!!!

I hope the meds kick in soon and you are are feeling better. So typical of the new teacher experience (darn germ infested students!)

And SUPER Congrats on the music competition!!!

MM

Fabulous advice there MM - really struck a chord

I see you keep losing weight;) Keep up the good work, you're almost at your goal!

Oh great. And the issues start happening with the Visa. Might not be able to start until October now, which screws things up just a little bit, but not royally, to be honest as long as I do camp.

In other news, throat's feeling so much better. But the penicillin pills taste disgusting and they've made my urine smell foul too. It's horrendous, but at least it's working. In fact, it's working too well, all I want to do is eat now my throat doesn't kill. I've used all of my points over the last two days, which is very unlike me. And I had to stop myself eating more. Come on Ben; back on the wagon! :D

Back