Best excuse yet for not selling Ketostix

Ages ago, while doing LL, Boots asked me what I wanted them for, and when I told them, got quite stroppy and said they only sell them to diabetics and didn't have any in stock anyway! Funny how they only mentioned the lack of stock AFTER I'd said what they were for... it's madness though - they're little strips of paper, for heaven's sake, not some highly addictive prescription drug! I really can't see why they get so protective about them. But then if they don't want my custom... I get them from my CDC now.

thing is, i am borderline diabetic and slip into ketosis quite easily (still not got a high enough reading on blood tests to be classed as diabetic, just teetering on the edge) so tecnically they cant refuse me can they? i went into ketosis when pregnant and had HG, and they wouldnt let me out of hospital for 5 days until i stopped producing ketones, which wasnt hlped by the fact they starved me for 24hours to try and stop me throwing up everything i ate.

I bought mine at our local Sainsbury's in the pharmacy section...the lady there didn't bat an eye...just gave them to me and smiled.

:rotflmao: I love the reasoning behind refusing.. abusing them... Id have been tempted to ask what exactly constitutes abuse lol

Back