Best exercise for arms?

Felix

Gold Member
Hello! I know a lot of you are very wise on the exercise front so I have a quick question.

What is the best exercise to do to get rid of my flabby arms? I've just bought a gorgeous maxi dress and now the weather is hot I want to wear it but I don't dare get my arms out :( i see lots of women who are bigger than me and have bare arms and legs and they aren't bothered but I'm too self concious!

Should I get some weights? If so, how heavy should I get them?

Thanks in advance.

You could probably make-do with tins of beans or something rather than having to buy weights?! lol You could try the basic curls while holding the weights (tins lol), slowly curling your arms upwards until the weights almost touch your shoulders. Second exercise is to have your arms folded up so the weights are under ur chin and move your arms out to the sides while keeping them in that position. Last one :) (you might want to try this one arm at a time) standing up, bend your knees a bit and lean forward. With a weight in your hand, push it from under ur chin, past ur side until your arm is straight(ish) at the back - I think this one is especialy good for bingo wings lol I'm not very good at explaining things but I hope this helps

hi,
i have a shake weight. got it from tesco about a month ago.
its actually quite fun and makes ur arms ache if u overdo it so im guessing in time it is definately going to be beneficial.:D.
here is a link to see what it is and how to use it.

YouTube - Shake Weight

press ups are excellent! (ladies ones obviously) just make sure your back is flat when you come down, and you're not just bending from your bum while your bum stays in the air, because i dont think that does anything! and keep your elbows out to the sides, above your chest, with your hands facing inwards - that, i believe, tones all along your chest as well as the arms! x

Hi Felix, the best exercise to tone the back of the arms is tricep dips, you can you do these on a kitchen chair. Go onto youtube and you will see how to do these correctly. Press Ups are also good but narrow ones (fingers touching) make sure the elbows go back not out. Again you will find examples of these on youtube. Tricep extensions and tricep kickbacks also target the backs of the arms. Hope this helps.
Mary

yeah, the shake weight targets the whole arms.
there are a variety of exercises to do, some harder than others and some absolutely kill the following day if u overdo it. lol

trudgemj said:
Hi Felix, the best exercise to tone the back of the arms is tricep dips, you can you do these on a kitchen chair. Go onto youtube and you will see how to do these correctly. Press Ups are also good but narrow ones (fingers touching) make sure the elbows go back not out. Again you will find examples of these on youtube. Tricep extensions and tricep kickbacks also target the backs of the arms. Hope this helps.
Mary

Thanks Mary thats so helpful!! :D

ooooo I want one!!! its my birthday next week, I may use my birthday money to get one! x

Back