best thing to do..

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
hi everyone

well had a great 1st week n lost 2.lbs, hopin to have another good week this week only thing is im out al day 2mro from 9.30am and that will be me until god nos wat time so i no its gna be a bad day, but as my consultant says a bad day doesnt make a bad week:Dis there any tips u can give me to ensure i get a loss nxt week? shud i try go without syns from sun thru to thurs or wat do u guys think?xxx

Hi. Why does being out all day equal a bad day? Can you not plan and prepare sw friendly food to take with you for lunch or snacks?

no i cant its a day out with my friends at a band parade so im not randomly gna take food outa my bag and eat it, i stil need to live lol! i no its gna be a bad day so just wantn advice!x

If I was going to be out all day I'd take food with me.

I'd take boiled eggs, Alpen light bars and fruit, maybe a banana. That way if you do stop off in a cafe/restaurant for lunch you'll not be so hungry you just eat anything.

When you do eat out try & eat the best SW friendly meal you can. Make a note of the syns you have. For this week I'd have weekly syns, and deduct any syns you have tomorrow from that allowance.

Drink plenty of water & remember you are in charge of what you put in your mouth;)

excellent advice from happy holidays - although if you are convinced it is going to be a 'bad day' no advice will be appropriate for you here I fear.

I agree, i'd take food with me. If its a parade, surly its a picnic opportunity? If i do eat out in a cafe i would have jacket potato with beans and cheese. The cheese can be a hea (more than your allowed i know, but considerably better than many choices) plus my friends respected i was wanting to not fall off the diet wagon so didn't make it any issue that i wasn't just eating high fat stuff etc.

Jacket potatoes are usually available and are a good option. I agree about taking some low syn snacks with you to minimise the damage, even if you don't want to be the odd one out by having a full blown 'packed lunch'.

When I took my Alpen Lights on a group holiday, my pals were quite pleased to share them with me rather than pay out for overpriced cakes / snacks at the airport.

To be honest, if you've already written the day off as a bad one, I think you should flexi it, and still allow yourself some syns for the rest of the week. Otherwise it'll be too hard, and you're at risk of giving up on the whole week.

Have a good day anyway.

Ok - try not to get too carried away though! I know it'd hard to plan exactly 'what' to eat, but it might be worth making a pact with yourself to make the best choices possible, and limit snacks / treats to a certain number or amount (eg. one small ice cream or lolly).
You might not get a loss for that week - but to try and be too strict for a whole week afterwards would more than likely lead to a week off and a gain.
Whatever happens, just try to remember that it was a choice to flexi on a special day, and the beauty of SW is that you can make those kinds of decisions.

Have fun.

Back