Best to weigh in at night?

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
Good evening all,
I just got a new set of digital scale today and in the instruction booklet it said that for best results you should weigh yourself at night. I know that weight fluctuates during the day but has anyone found that their readings are more accurate when taken at night?
Or are my scales just talking crap (they do that often you know ;)).

Oh no I NEVER weigh myself at night. I can easily be 3 or 4lbs lighter in the morning :)

I can easily be five pounds or more at night as I drink a lot of water.

I find the most accurate time is first thing in the morning after a wee and naked:D

Love Mini xxx

I find morning WI better too.

i think morning is best time to weigh yourself, Whenever weigh yourself just be consistent and try to weigh yourself at same time daily.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

I guess it depends on their idea of "best" - maybe they think it's best because you are heavier at night. However, my idea of "best" is when you are lightest, so weigh in the morning! heehee x

im a morning weigher too.....after pee, and before breakfast. i'll sometimes weight myself later on that night, and im always like 3lbs heavier...so depressing. haha... i realy must stop doing that.
xx

Im a morning weighter after a wee too

I can easily be five pounds or more at night as I drink a lot of water.

I find the most accurate time is first thing in the morning after a wee and naked:D

Love Mini xxx

that really made me giggle :giggle:

it depends on the results your after, i have salter scales, and to me, my body fat % and water % comes first before my weight (although i am still trying to loose last bit!!!)

you are dehydrated in the morning, hence why you weigh less, and your muscle mass is flabby, it builds during the day, to what extent depends on the exercise you do.

i weigh in of a night time, i am trying to get into healthy BMI but more importantly trying to loose body fat.....thats more accurate of a night :D

Personally I don't think when you weigh yourself is important. The important thing, as Ellegirl said, is to weigh yourself at the same time every week.

I agree with willowfae, as long as its the same time, same scales, same clothes (or lack of!) its up to you. Me personally- morning in my nighty after a wee! The amount of food/fluids each day varies too much to give me an accurate enough reading at night?

I prefer to weigh in during the morning after my shower and before breakfast.

I prefer to weigh in during the morning after my shower and before breakfast.

I never weigh after a shower - I've got so much hair that if it was all sopping wet I'd be about a stone heavier! :eek:

I have long hair, too. It reaches down to about 3 inches above the small of my back and it's thick, I get it thinned when I get it cut/trimmed. Ideally I should weigh in before my shower, but it usually takes being in the shower for a few minutes before I remember to ;)

Afraid I am not much of a morning person.

Whatever you do, DONT weigh yourself at night, its torture.

I recall a couple of months back i was 16st one night and in the morning i was 15 st 8!!

Don't go by what you read at night, more accurate in the morning.

Back