Bethiee's Diary

Last night was hard.
Got into an argument and we both wanted pizza after the dust settled. I think we are both just mood swinging a little this weekend. Just rubbing each other the wrong way around 5x before we started arguing.
I'm sure it will settle down properly. We are good at forgive and forget.
Didn't cheat though.
We both knew it wouldn't be worth it.

His stomach has started now. We both have dodgy tummy at least once a day. He's finding the diet okay but it's hitting Summer and everyone keeps inviting him out at lunch/after work for drinks/nandos/pie club etc so feeling a little excluded. However he is saying he hasn't been hungry at all. Which is great! My hunger I think is coming from hormones and not the diet.

Well we are mixing man plan and total solution plus
http://m.exantediet.com/diet-plans/total-plus-solution.list

Some days 4 packs = man plan.
Some days 3 packs + 200 calories meal = man plan
Some days 3 packs + 300 calorie meal = total solution plus

Either way we are never going over 1000 calories. We aren't eating citrus acid based things. Under 20 carbs (which is same as 1 exante bar) and anything else that can ruin ketosis for us.

Manage to study last night? We played ARK survival until 2am. He bought us it both this time last year but it was underdeveloped as a game and the bugs in a survival game made it unplayable for me. It's better now though. Even if frustrating.

Arguments happen on occasion and this diet does tend to ... get daunting and frustrating and tempers can run a little shorter than usual. Well done for sticking to it and not giving into pizza! You are right, it wouldn't be worth it, it wouldn't solve anything.

It sucks that you're both having some tummy issues... It could be a gut enzyme readjustment to a new source of nutrition/change of diet - it can take a few weeks to settle. I remember when I came off just packs that I got really bad cramping and bloat for 2-3 weeks as the body had to readjust to real food again. It's uncomfortable, but it will go away. If it doesn't go in 2-3 weeks do see if you can go to a doctor. Or in the meantime try to buy some probiotic supplements to help things along.

My studying is going ok, thank you :) just trying to get to grips with Java at the moment. Have one and a half days to finish it, it will be a half-assed attempt, but programming is really not my strong point. It's not what I want to do in the future so I'm not too concerned. So long as I pass this module.
I had a friend who was obsessed with ARK survival for a while, always going on about killing things in there and I just looked at him funny. :p Are you enjoying it through the frustration?

Iv been hungrier this weekend than I have been on this diet so far.

I want all the food. I'm resisting as is but I'm really badly dying for something fried and delicious and bad for me. Really think it must be hormones as I'm in ketosis.

I wasn't hungry my first week. This second week is trying to win. I won't let it beat me.

I'm just confused and was kinda relying on this week to be easier but it's harder. Oh well.

As I keep saying, tomorrow is a new day. Let's see how I feel then.

:( Hungry days do come. And they're awful. Though, if you're craving a particular food it could be due to habitual response to a particular stress/emotion or boredom. Can you think of what that might be? Sometimes the body wants to rebel against weight loss as well, it will up chemicals in our system that require food as it's thinking that there's a period of famine.

Keeping busy is the only way to ride it through and usually the next day the craving passes. You've written down so many motivations and goals, when that feeling comes read through them again. Have a glass of water and do something for half an hour, it might pass. Also remember, this diet isn't forever, you will still have all those tasty things, they've not gone anywhere :) Oh, I also remember reading about flavoured Volvic water - I rediscovered it thanks to you! I find drinking plain water really hard - after years of VLCD's, but could Slim&Save water flavourings be any good? They're somewhat unlimited - up to 3 litres per day diluted and are ketosis friendly. Making some ice lollies with them is also an idea, it always felt like a treat :D

I hope you're feeling better today x

Minerva is right, those hungry days do show up. As do arguments. But you didn't give in and that's the amazing thing you should be proud of! Because it's super easy to do and food is such a thing that's culturally used as a band aid or bonding tool it's a real difficult mindset to lose. But be proud - you defied the programming!

I found my second week so much tougher than the first, then this week tougher than last week. You are probably right and it is linked to hormones, but also I am a firm believer that the body has its own rhythms and cycles and maybe mine is one that every now and again turns into a carb craving she devil for whatever reason. It's always the same thing with me too. Chips, sausage and curry sauce. But perhaps like me it's the first time in years your body has had the chance to actually tell you what it needs and is a bit of getting used to.

You'll be fine. You've come so far and dine so well, be proud !

Nadia x

Been trying to keep motivated and busy...even if it is playing ARK and trying to get every dinosaur to love me...

I'm getting some spots and my skin is overall just being awful so I'm guessing hormones as I just switched pill 3 weeks ago and might be the first time they are affecting me properly? Who knows!

Feeling gross today, just don't feel nice in my own skin. It will pass I know it will.

Got some new scales coming tonight as the Weight Watchers one I bought gave me 5 different readings with 40 pounds difference one after another. Either I'm doing amazing, I'm absorbing mass around me or they are inaccurate haha

So weightloss for this week will be done by tonights reading until Friday. Giving myself less time than a normal week.

Minerva = I have some of the Exante water flavourings and made ice lollies, they are strange. Really taste the artifical sweeter when its frozen. Kinda gross not gonna lie.. hopefully other plans flavourings are nicer will try them in the future.

Nadia = I could eat so much deep fried scampi and tartar sauce it's unreal, also fancy 100 battered chicken nuggets. But I won't. Hormones are screwing with us both I reckon! It knows usually it gets fed if it throws a tantrum, just gotta teach it new habits like a toddler haha

Ah hormones that lovely lovely side effect of being a woman! Arent they fabulous. Might be why you are uncomfortable today as well . Everything's conspiring to give you one of those days!

Haha I love the image of my psyche and tummy throwing tantrums. I reckon you are right and they need a bop on the nose with a newspaper. That'll quiet em down. For now though it's water water water and stabbing things on my computer / watching awful films. Love it .

How are you feeling tonight? Are you having a meal tonight or a pack?

Nx

New scales came...
All my readings are between 3 pounds of each other in 1 minute which is better than the other ones but it won't read my body fat for me.

Just errors. Then makes me feel like crap... cos it works for my boyfriend. I think it's cos of my hip problem I sway a little when I'm on them cos the balance is weird for me.

I had a shake, 2 bars and a spinach omelette.

Today probably a 4 pack day. Iv assigned Alex the vanilla and strawberry shakes and iv taken the banana and chocolate ones. The other two just taste "proteiny" to me.

Scales are a real bother aren't they. I've read reviews saying the Weight Watchers ones are rubbish.. I invested in a set of fairly expensive ones 6-7 years ago and they still work within .2 lb - but I'm also wobbly (one leg shorter than the other...) so that would be why. I'm of course assuming you're using them on a flat hard surface? :)

Hope your day goes well x

Same as you on the leg shorter than other...
It's like a balancing act. These new ones are £35 so yeah not much fluctuation but still unable to read my body fat and track my progression for me..

Yep I'm using them in the bathroom and trying my best but it's really annoying haha

Last edited:
I bought the salter curve ones.

I might keep them. I'm unsure. At least they give a rough estimate unlike the weight watchers.

Today iv drank the least water at around 1.3 Litres plus shake water making total of 1.7L

Today is hard for Alex. Someone next to him on the train was eating KFC and now he really wants fried chicken. Not sure how I'm gonna find a substitute for that one...

Made us the exante pancakes and 0 sugar butterscotch syrup.

Pancake texture not bad. Just not quite right for a pancake. Slightly salty but not too much. Ok overall but syrup is really strange. Not syrup like, more gel like. Leaves strong artifical sweetener after taste.

Not a bad weekend breakfast but not a week day thing.

Looking forward to my holiday with my friends. It's what's keeping me focused during all this stress of diet, health, new job looming etc.

Does that website you got the rice from do artifical breadcrumbs? Maybe you do something with that?

Could you marinate a piece of chicken in oil and spices and herbs ? Get the taste without the batter and fry thing?I know it isnt going to hit all the spots but a decent substitute maybe. I know people have made a crust with oats and things before, but cant think how to do it without some type of carb unfortunately - soy flour is low carb but not 0 carb.

Though I have found this which may help a lot - http://nobunplease.com/keto-crispy-fried-chicken/ . Check it out and see if you can use it! Just denying yourselves everything will lead to massive blow outs so maybe using your protein meals to experiment with healthy versions of fave food will help :)

It sounds like you are doing super well though! Well done! And tell Alex that the cravings do eventually stop. There is a KFC I walk past every day at the top of my road and its gone from being torture to barely noticeable. Just keep on keeping on!

Nx

Thanks for the ideas guys!

No breadcrumbs on the site. Had a quick Google and almond meal and soy flour might be good alternatives in 1 calorie fry light or oven baked.

I'm free to use spices as I like so could maybe try something this Sunday.

Saturday is gonna be a broccoli fish pie with cauliflower mash. Usually make a cream based sauce but will just use some light cream cheese and fish stock and simmer it down with some herbs.

He's doing awesome. Especially as he could really just be on healthy eating and not as strict a diet as I want to be on but is doing this with me whilst supporting me emotionally too.

His 25th next month. Having a hard time thinking up stuff that doesn't involve me cooking or us eating out somewhere.
I want to make him a cake... our diet break week is the 2nd until 9th. I might start 28th and give us 10 days off.

I made him this last year... I love cooking but I'm an awful baker/cake decorator haha

FB_IMG_1464216178533.jpg

Victoria sponge with fresh raspberry cream on the inside with home made cream cheese frosting and fruit on top.

He likes fruit and cream based desserts.... maybe make him a patisserie custard mango and strawberry tart.

Sorry... planning about future food I can eat helps me not panic that I'm never eating bad stuff again. Cos I will do. In my break weeks and when I hit my goal. I just need it as a treat and to realise treats aren't needed every 3 days....

Im a pretty good cook and baker but am not very artistic so whilst my cakes taste amazing the presentation is awful!

I make a wondeeful gluten free cake but is still full of chocolate (so definitely not healthy) and don't know if there are carbs in it? It uses grand hazelnuts instead of flour. If they don't have carbs (I probably sound really stupid saying thay!) could you try it with your chocolate flavoured shakes?

And again, cos I don't know if nuts and seeds contain carbs, I've done a pie crust before now with crushed nuts and seeds. Might that work?

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely look into a crushed nut crust for a tart on his birthday. I may make oven roasted chicken in a spiced nut crumb but calories are abit scary for that.

Now I want KFC. I haven't even had it in around a 1 year and a half. I always find it bland or too oily. But now I really really want it. Haha... sigh!

I miss being to eat corn on the cob and butter as it was my usual side food to most things I make. But too many carbs and I'm not allowing butter in the house. I'm finding low carb and low calorie meals really hard to come by still.

Meat is fine. Usually Turkey/Chicken/Fish but finding it hard for it to go with or in something. Sauces are high carb and high calories and usual go to like rice, pasta or potato based products are gone too.

I love eggs but I'm getting tired of them really quickly. Having to resort to poaching them now. Had seasame seed teriyaki fried mushrooms with spinach and poached eggs on top today. Sounds unusual but it was really nice.

Tried the coconut shake today. It's like the inside of a bounty. It's nice. Rhubarb and custard is vile. But I hate rhubarb (was bought for Alex but I had a sip to try it).

Tomorrow is the start of our 3rd week.

99% sure I haven't lost any from my waist this week after the success of last week.

But I'm now measuring arms, chest, hips and thighs too. So will be able to see where it might have come off from.

Wish me luck for my "waist in" tomorrow!

Good luck for your waist in!

I had mushrooms last night stuffed with cheese (though I'm guessing you could always try that cheese from that website) with stir fried veg without sauce and on a bed of rocket. Even with real cheese the mushroom were only a little over 100 calories each. As with the nuts, I don't know if mushrooms contain carbs!

I love mushrooms. They have very little carbs but the boyfriend is OK with them in things but isn't a fan of them by themselves.
So a good meal for me at least :)

Ok results:
Arms - 3/4 inch
Chest - 2 inches
Waist - 1/2 inch
Thighs - 1 inch

Total loss for the week:
4.25 inches

I'm also guesstimating I have lost around 4 pounds of weight.

Where as I think I lost closer to around a stone first week. Probably in just retained water stores as I hit ketosis.

Alex will be doing his tonight :)

Last edited:
Back