Bethiee's Diary

Cos we fried in fry light, garlic powder, soy sauce, salt and black pepper it was okay.
Texture is slightly odd not gonna lie and wouldn't use it as a bowl of rice or as a side with curry but it absorbs flavour well and binds nice with the eggs.

Texture is more gummy like than the bulkier rice I'm used to. Not much bite. But satisfied my craving of rice.

Tried a tiny sliver of the fake cheese too:
http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/high-protein-cheese-low-fat/11265872.html

It tastes like cheese, smells slightly fruity almost pineapple + cheese smell, texture not as crumbly as real cheese a tiny hint of the plasticy side but I see it grated fine in tiny amounts to add to the spag bol/carbonara and it should do really well!

In my plan I can have 3 meals a day and one low carb high protein meal so trying to aim for 4 packs 4 days a week, and a meal 3x a week.

It's nice going into this ideally with 4 packs a day but I'm finding its making my cravings worse, so if i satisfy them in my meal plan then I should keep on track!

Hope you are having a good day Loz :)

Nearly midnight!
First weeks measuring:
Alex 43 inches
Bethie 48 inches

Alex loss = 2 1/2 inch from chest
Bethie = 5 1/2 inches from waist

<3 SO HAPPY

My boyfriend can finally get his arms around me! Well, under my boobs around me and join his hands relatively comfortably together. It's the little things :)

Last edited:
I used to have those konjac based noodles a couple of years ago, I found them ... rubbery, but filling. :) I'm glad the range is expanded now as they were SO EXPENSIVE back then, it almost didn't seem worth the cost! Thank you for linking the myprotein website, I used to use it for psyllium husk, I'm glad to see they're finally there too! I might order some :D

Well done on your loss as well :D that's fantastic! I'm glad that you're making the diet work for you - it's not always black and white, there is no right or wrong way really! You're really mindful of the additions you're making and it looks like you are making it a lifestyle change to make it work for the long term.

I like the charts - I find keeping track of stats really helpful for me, but I just like making lists and stuff anyway. :p It's good to see progress right in front of you to remind you that you're on the right track!

x

I like my protein, the hut group owns my protein and Exante so it's a lot of the same stuff just packaged differently!

I'm liking the meals, I love cooking so much... a big part of how I got to this size but it means I get to do something I enjoy and it makes the week break up nicely instead of not looking forward to meals.

Noticeable differences in one week are:
I don't need a bra extender any more!
My boyfriend can get his arms around me
And this dresses belt fits! It didn't even reach 2 weeks ago now it does up without popping off!

13235904_10156976326360437_1079774983_n.jpg #

Plus one nosey cat.

Yay! I love it when you actually have a measurable thing - like the belt! You must feel so proud :D You did it! And I want that dress, it's so pretty on you :)

Well done! (and of course, I want to steal the cat too, but I'm a cat lady - I adore them :p )

Thank you for the link! :D I always forget Tesco have a nice range of clothes :) Will have a look through their stuff later x

Hope everything goes well with the blood test!

I bought scales.

I shouldn't have bought scales.

Scales made me sad.

I hide my weight VERY well it seems. Jesus.

I'l use this as motivation to keep going. No way I can stay at that weight. It's not excusable anymore.

Remember it's just numbers on the scales. You're going by inches and you KNOW those are going down! I know it can be scary, but don't be sad because you are doing everything you can, you're making a change! I know it can be discouraging to actually see numbers, but you took the step to find out and now you know it will just go down each week. :) It's a positive step, well done.

That looks like a huge meal for 260 calories! Wow - I'm impressed.

And well done on your inches lost - that's an amazing amount! And all those things that have changed because of your weight loss; the belt, your boyfriend's cuddling, the bra extended - it all just goes to prove how well you're doing.

I know what you mean about the numbers on the scales - they can be quite alarming if you're not used to weighing yourself regularly.

Meals I can do for less than 15 carbs and under 300 calories:
Omlettes: chicken + mushroom, fake cheese + spinach, bacon (fat removed) + asparagus.
Chicken: mustard and garlic roasted with asparagus, Waldenfarms bbq sauce (0 calorie) chicken with cauliflower mash, fajitas in lettuce wraps.
MyProtein: egg fried "rice", ramen in broth with prawns/fish/eggs/chicken.
Misc: bacon (fat removed) + eggs + mushroom. Sashimi.
(all above cooked in fry light)

Iv been researching what I can get from my allowed plan...
The above is one weeks worth of low carb low calorie ideas.... not gonna lie it's hard to come up with any. The above shouldn't kick me out of ketosis and taste amazing!

The shock is affecting me. I feel sorry for myself that I got like this. I have 13 stone to lose apparently just to be in range of healthy bmi..

Abit gloomy but tomorrow is a new day!

The chicken dishes sound amazing!

I've been working in kgs because firstly it's what the scales at work weigh in and secondly it doesn't mean the same as stones. I didn't want to know what it was in stones, but I've just braved it and had a look - I knew it was over 20 stone - I started at 23st 4, and need to lose about 10 and a half stone to get to a BMI of 25. It does sound like such a monumental task. But think of what achievements you've made already and in a week. And you sound so determined - you've had a rubbish week with feeling rough but you've persevered with it so I'm sure you're going to do really well.

I did mine in pounds.
I got upset and converted it into stones and pounds... oh well.

Boyfriend is at 99kg/219 pounds/15 stone and I have never been so jealous of someones weight in my life before. Imagine if that was my starting point, how much easier this could have been for myself. But that's just my insecurity shouting at me as I gave it reason to have a voice by weighing myself. I had many factors out of my control that contributed to weight gain (medications/health conditions/deaths/upbringing etc) ultimately I am still the one that is responsible

Today is gonna be fine. Today is the weekend and I'm gonna spend lots of time with my favourite person.

If anything, forgive yourself for the weight gain. I also gained due to too many factors that were too hard to control at the time... but it's in the past. Life will always throw cr*p at us... it's inevitable. But with time all we can do is learn to deal with those situations in more constructive ways. Look back at the past and try not to repeat the behaviours that led you here. Weight is something you can change. The way you deal with things is also something you can change. You have the power and now with Alex by your side, you're stronger than ever. <3

The meals look delicious :) I think I'll recreate your chicken soup one, it looks great! :D Maybe you can also make a curry style dish with chicken, a tomato soup pack + indian spices with that myProtein rice? Blanched cabbage leaves also make good wraps for fajitas, I remember doing that a lot before.

Cauliflower "mash potato", asparagus and 0 calorie bbq sauce chicken is for dinner tonight.
First time trying cauliflower mash and it's actually really good substitute! More a puree due to too much stock to get the blender to do its job but still great taste.
Calories are under 300 and carbs under 20 but il work the full thing out later.
Waiting on the chicken to cook now.

That's a good idea Minerva. Though unsure of the MyProtein rice as a side unless I made a sort of saag chicken curry so I could bulk it out but not notice the slightly unusual texture as much. Still think egg fried was the best way.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Cauliflower rice is amazing tbh, I still eat it a lot. Mash - that reminds me - I used to make a pretty good low calorie fish pie with the stuff! Stock cube + prawns and cod pieces, maybe with some mushrooms and cauliflower mash on top - grilled slightly in the oven. I do see what you're saying about the 'rice' being a side, it's very ... euugh.. bland. How about paella (using turmeric) or a risotto style dish? Those could also work ^.^

My weekend is full of stress this week :p Not enjoying this software engineering coursework. Ugh. Hopefully you're having a much more relaxing and enjoyable weekend than me! :)

307 calories (oops) just over.
11.4 carbs
48 protein
20160521_164048.jpg

MyProtein cheese stuffed chicken in 0 calorie bbq sauce. On top of spring onion cauliflower mash (made with chicken stock and a tiny bit of light cream cheese, garlic powder and salt + pepper) and asparagus.

This is the fullest iv been on any day so far. 307 is abit much. Maybe a once a week or two meal but not daily for me.

Saving a HUGE 1000 calories from a normal meal like this, if mash is made with potatoes and cream and using non diet bbq sauce.

It's delicious!

Fish pie sounds like a great idea. Will give it a go next weekend. We love seafood and I'm considering a seafood plan when I hit my goal to maintain. I think we are just gonna do omlettes on the week night meals and try more elaborate calorie and carb stretching on the weekends.

Goodluck with the coursework. Remember to take lots of breaks but I'm sure you are great at studying whereas I am not haha. I have way too short of an attention span... oooo shiney...oooo games...oooo who was the greatest female power in China...oooo wait it's 4am and I have done nothing productive...

Last edited:
Again, the meal looks delicious! You're a really good cook! :D Having a little bit more on the weekends sounds like a good idea, it breaks up the monotony a little and gives you something to look forward to! At the end of the day so long as you stay below 1000 calories or so and do low-carb you will be fine! There's lots of plans that do packs for breakfast and lunch and a small protein based meal in the evening that work just as well :) I also read some study a long time ago that weight loss was similar for individuals living on 650-800 calorie diets and those that went close to 1000. Of course while I don't know the variables of those individuals it's safe to say that eating a little more may be beneficial sometimes, to have variation and try to avoid the dreaded starvation mode which affects metabolism and makes the body try to retain as much as possible.

How is Alex finding the diet so far? Have your stomach problems settled a bit?

And... ha. Um.. I CAN be great as studying when there's motivation, but lately I've lost that and I prosrascenate SO much. The short attention span sounds like me at the moment :p I just want the next few weeks to be over already so that I don't have to think about it... apart from the Math re-take exam I know I'll have to take, because... UGH. Math. We won't even use it in the next two years at all.

Hope your weekend is going well x

Back