Bethiee's Diary

Alex has lost:

6 1/2 pounds and 1/2 inch from his chest.

(Scales work for him)

So not a bad week!

Bank Holiday Weekend food:
Fish pie with cauliflower mash served with broccoli
KFC style chicken made with almond flour and baked in some olive oil, served with spinach stuffed mushrooms. (Biggest calorie at around 500 but will be a one off, as we are doing 7 week cycles with a week break instead of 3 we don't mind the odd "big" meal on a weekend) Still low carb.
Fajita seasoning chicken and onions stuffed into roasted peppers.

Saturday total calories: 1000
Sunday total calories: 1200
Monday total calories: 900

Still waiting on a start date from my new job. Had to have a medical on Thursday... for a desk job... I passed with an advisory of no manual handling. My new boss said my only hardship will be lifting tea and coffee haha.

I'm so eager to start and settle in. The entire team are female who diet and attempt to use the gym upstairs. I feel they would be quite supportive of my diet.

May go see Warcraft on Monday and Xmen Apocalypse. I think that might keep me occupied. Although will need to take a bar with me to stop me wanting to snack.

After the 3 bank holiday meals Im spending 4 days on 800 calories only. Making my weeks total: 6300

My metabolic resting rate is: 14700
My calorie deficit should give 2 pounds of fat then whatever ketosis wishes to throw in there too. Looking for around 4-6 pounds a week for one more month before my week off.

As il be abroad on my week off that's all inclusive, I'm unsure if il have a low carb week at all. I'm gonna take shakes for the morning and eat lunch and dinner with my friends properly. That way I'd be cutting 1/3rd of possible carbs out right?

Breakfast will be crossaint, toast, cereal, crepes, waffles etc. Lunch and dinner should have a salad bar open. Or that's at least my hopefulness...

Also when Iv lost more than a stone of weight, my back always hurts. I have no idea why... always this horrible ache around halfway up across the entire band.

Anyone else ever had this?

Last edited:
Made fish pie today!
Makes 4 servings (my own recipe I winged it but will write what I did below)
Totals per serving:
Total calories: 273
Total carbs: 9.5 carbs
Total protein: 42.5 protein

Ingredients:
Spring onion bunch (usually 6-8 stems)
Large Cauliflower
500 grams 0 fat fromage frais
400 grams mixed raw fish (I used salmon, cod and smoked haddock)
150 grams raw king prawns
1 cup stock (veg/fish/chicken will work)

Herbs:
Mustard powder
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Black pepper
Parsley
Salt

Preheat oven to 180c fan assisted oven.

Chop cauliflower into small florets and boil in lighly salted water for 10 mins.
Drain when done, add to blender.
Put in 1/2 cup stock with salt and pepper to taste and half of the chopped spring onions.
Blend. This may require opening the blender and giving it a stir to get it to shift. If not shifting at all add remaining stock until puree.
Add 100grams of fromage frais with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Blend again. Set aside.

Grab a mixing bowl and put in the remaining 400 grams fromage frais, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, remaining chopped spring onions, pepper + salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon parsley.
Mix well. Set aside and wash the prawns and fish. Drain well and add to sauce. Spread sauce+fish into a casserole dish.

Layer the cauliflower mash on top smoothly.

Bake for 35-45 minutes until bubbling.

Last edited:
Feeling so demotivated all week...

Can't shake this low mood.

I want dim sum (har gau/Xiā jiǎo), Korean bbq, proper rice, Korean chilli fried chicken...

Sigh :'(

FB_IMG_1464476588901.jpg
Pic of last time we went...

I guess if we didn't have bibimbap (stone rice bowl) then maybe as a treat?

Shush brain.

Been battling this week kinda badly. Iv craved stronger than the first week. Now 2nd day into my 3rd week and I don't know how to switch my brain back into motivated.

I feel abit like I'm just doing the motions of this diet and not really accepting the lifestyle change part yet.

I am my own biggest problem. I can't give up. Il die prematurely if I carry on this way. It's a hard fact to this that I don't like to usually focus on but it's the honest truth.

I'm still yet to really screw up and binge/eat something super bad for me.

I think that's my biggest achievement so far.

Focus on the good. Focus on how far I'm going. Try to enjoy the journey. Try to disconnect myself from bad habits. I can do this. Doesn't mean my brain isn't kicking and screaming being dragged along the way this week.

I just simply and utterly love food. I love various tastes and textures and cooking and being cooked for. I love trying new things and perfecting the things I love to share with the people I love. Food is a big social and bonding thing for me.

I need to stop. I can be the best version of myself I could possibly be.

Just 10 stone seems such a long way away...

I'm no good with words at all but for the amount of time it will take to reach your goal weight is just a drop in the ocean compared to how long left you have in the world. I hope that made sense lol.
Keep ya chin up and crack on xx

I'l be fine. I always am. Just riding the hormone rollercoaster this week I think.

I'm sticking to it. Even if I am mixing Total Solution+ (3 shakes + one 400 cal meal) and Man Plan (4 shakes) on Exante for different days. If it makes this somewhat easier then why not.

I know I'd probably be losing faster on Total Solution (3 shakes a day) only but it's simply not doable for me. I'd fail so hard!

Today is a new day. I will try to not be a miserable git haha

I'm a terrible person who went out for dinner today.

And I'm doing it again on Friday. My one week break is in 30 days.

The meal filled me up so much I haven't eaten anything else today. Oh well at least I didn't make a day of binging out of it and just one meal plus Friday I'm off to a gig, out of the house until 2am. Won't be drinking alcohol but I will eat dinner out somewhere beforehand.

I'm still dieting all through the week but in my head I'm writing this week off not expecting a gain but not expecting a loss either.

Onwards and upwards.

Me and Alex genuinely felt bad after we ate dinner out. It didn't feel like the treat it was going to be. In a way screwing up was kind of positive for us, sort of reinforcing the idea we are doing something right for ourselves.

It's made us realise that the food we thought we were missing out on doesn't taste as delicious as our feeling of wanting to lose weight.

On a plus note, the cinema chairs didn't hurt my bum and when I was in the car I felt more comfortable rather than feeling sort of wedged in a little.

Don't beat yourself up too much my dear. Yes it was a blip. But we've all been there! Mine was vodka. If anything look at it as a positive step. You realised that it wasn't what you wanted, and are starting to not see food as a treat or reward. That's a good step. It is you developing a great positive attitude to food for the future. Well done!! And remember, sometimes we need to do the tying to realise it's not what we want - that's how humans have developed for centuries! This fire thing is warm, my hands are cold....ouch too warm!

And yay for seats feeling more comfy! That's excellent progress :) all those little nsv's feel great don't they. I'm currently dreading the plane seats..hopefully won't be too snug!

Chin up and enjoy your gig

Nx

I hope you enjoy the gig tonight Bethiee and are remaining strong otherwise! We all have blips every once in a while, but it's the recovery from them is what matters. It's not the end of the world. We're all human. It's good that you recognised that the *thought* of it was actually better than it was and something positive came out of it, that it wasn't worth it in the grand scheme of things. I agree with Nadia, you are starting to see that food isn't a reward and it's usually nowhere near as grand as you think it will be.

Be strong, you can do this! x

Sorry for being so quiet.

Busy week from hell ending with seeing Deftones last night.

Oh Chino, why you are the only man I ever fan girl over I will never know. He's 44 (21 years my senior) and has dad dance moves on stage. Still into it. Jeez..

Great night. Support was Black Peaks. They were ok. Just abit try harding. Didn't really interest the crowd.

We were out from 4pm until 2am so we had some food at yo sushi before the gig and bought some sashimi from Wasabi on the way home.

Back on the diet strict again today.

Relatively low calories for eating out in an area with 100 kfcs, macdonalds and burger kings but still high carb from rice we had.

We aren't checking ourselves this week. We would rather just see how next week's loss is. 4 weeks until my holiday. I'd like a 45 inch waist by then and around a stone off.

Also been playing a lot of Destiny on the ps4. I kinda like it. I'm not opposed to shooters but I love a story line and questing so it's a good middle ground.

Anyway wish me luck. Iv probably knocked myself out of ketosis so this week should be "fun" for me again given how sick I was last time

Sounds like you made a pretty good choice with your food tbh! Fish is a great source of protein and other great things that will keep you looking fabulous. You will get back into the swing pretty quicky I reckon. Just stick to shooting things for a couple of days to take your mind off it!

I tried Destiny - it was okay. Didn't really drag me in, but I could waste a few hours every now and then.

Good luck with the week I hope it won't be too rough for you!

Nx

Back on plan properly from having the meals out last week.

No fuss about it. Just feels like something we do now so is becoming abit more second nature. I checked my waist today and I'm at 47 inches now. Couldn't resist when I saw the tape measure sitting there.

In 3 weeks with 2 meals out, that brings me to 6 1/2 inches off of my waist.

I think my body is doing pretty good on 3 packs a day and a low carb and calorie meal.

Biggest test is bringing this diet to a stressful new job with me.

3 weeks on Saturday il be in Spain with my friends. Let's see if I can hit my 45 inch goal by then!

Yay for being back on track! Well done on another inch loss, that's fantastic!

When do you start your new job? Hopefully it won't be too stressful, if anything, a new job means you'll be so busy and the days will fly by so the dieting won't even be an issue :) Unless of course there are nosy coworkers, but remember it's none of their business how and what you eat, don't let anyone pressure or criticise your decisions.
x

5 inches gone this week.

Not gone back into ketosis though and it's been 6 days... a little confused as it only took my body 3 days last time!

Well done on the inches lost! You're doing so well with it.

I've no advice about the ketosis, though. Sorry.

Alex has lost 5 inches this week too!

And 16 pounds since the start which is awesome.

Holiday in 3 weeks on Sat. Slightly dreading it.

Start my new job Monday too I'm so nervous

You're starting so quickly. I work in the NHS - it takes forever to actually start a new job here! I'm sure it will be great and you'll love it. Oh no, why you dreading the holiday? You'll have a great time!

That's a lot more then Alex has previously lost, isn't it?

16lb is amazing - congratulations!

In Ketosis again yay!

Clothes all washed and laid out nicely for Monday.

Going to have a shake in the morning and have a bar and pot at lunch then a 300 calorie meal at dinner. I shouldnt be up as late as I have been doing so won't need to spread them out as much I don't think.

I'l trial it and see if it works for me!

Had enough today. Stressful day at my new job. Then got left outside in the rain waiting on my taxi for 70 minutes. They picked me up then shouted at me for "being a rude *****" when I said they were late. Threatened to leave me in the middle of no where. Im disabled and cant walk far. Sod it all. Takeaway tonight and il get back on it tomorrow after iv eaten, played video games then slept. Tomorrow is a new day but for now just let me have something to enjoy.

Back