Beth's food diary aka mission 'get gorgeous' ;)

Just finished day 2 of the shred.. The pain, oh the pain! Lol.. How weak can one woman be?!

Can you swim with your hips? I love a good swim! The gym sounds like a good idea (so long as you'll go! I've joined about 3 gyms just to do the induction and never go back! Lol) x

No I'm not a swimmer in general and when I tried in Cyprus the pain was too much :(

We can 'pay as you go' in the Uni gym so I'll start off doing that - £4.00 per session. So twice a week during lunch time would be a good start for £8.00 and if I sign up monthly it will cost £26.00. Not too bad.

That's a shame, I really hope that your hip sorts it's self out soon.. Although walking the dog is better than nothing and every little helps I'm sure you'll be relieved when you're able to stuff without wondering whether it'll hurt!! Is it getting any better?

£4.00 a session isn't bad, I pay that for Zumba - when I go! At least you'll be able to gauge whether it's something you'll stick to.. You gonna be going alone? X

5/01/2012

L: mild cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce (1/2syn)

Sn: chocolate weetabix bar (hexb)
Banana

D: spaghetti with pasatta and herbs and feta (hexa)
Strawberry activia snackpot

Syns: 2 truffles (6)

Sn: 4 ryvita (hexb) with 4 dairylea lights (hexa) and sliced tomato

6.5/105

Last edited:
That's a shame, I really hope that your hip sorts it's self out soon.. Although walking the dog is better than nothing and every little helps I'm sure you'll be relieved when you're able to stuff without wondering whether it'll hurt!! Is it getting any better?

£4.00 a session isn't bad, I pay that for Zumba - when I go! At least you'll be able to gauge whether it's something you'll stick to.. You gonna be going alone? X

Sorry babe - missed this one earlier. Might go on my own, not sure. Girl in work says she wants to join after her membership to a posh one runs out in April. I don't mind but might be a bit more motivating with someone else going too.

5/01/2012

L: mild cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce (1/2syn)

Sn: chocolate weetabix bar (hexb)
Banana

D: spaghetti with pasatta and herbs and feta (hexa)
Strawberry activia snackpot

Not much food occurring here sweet ... :confused: You'll be hank marvin later :rolleyes:

Ali* said:
Sorry babe - missed this one earlier. Might go on my own, not sure. Girl in work says she wants to join after her membership to a posh one runs out in April. I don't mind but might be a bit more motivating with someone else going too.

Not much food occurring here sweet ... :confused: You'll be hank marvin later :rolleyes:

I think it can work both ways - it can motivate you to go and not just wimp out but sometimes you work harder when you're on your own - unless you get a bit of (not so) friendly competition going ;)

You wouldn't have said not much food if you'd have seen the pile of spaghetti I had! I know it wasn't balanced but all I fancied was pasta :/ just having some ryvita and dairylea now..

6/01/2012

L: spaghetti with pasatta and hexa feta

D: going for a curry but I'm thinking..
Chicken tikka starter (hexb) would this be free? With salad.
Chicken rogan Josh (hexb) 6.5 syns
Boiled rice. (free)

Not had enough superfree for today to be EE but I have weighed a raw breast and it was just over the 115g which I'm allowed as a hexb.. I doubt that the curry will even have a whole breast in it and the starter definitely won't so I'm thinking 2 hexbs worth of chicken will be enough!!

Then to the pub - bottle of wine (25.5)
1 vodka slimline (2.5)

Last edited:
6/01/2012

L: spaghetti with pasatta and hexa feta

D: going for a curry but I'm thinking..
Chicken tikka starter (hexb) would this be free? With salad.
Chicken rogan Josh (hexb) 6.5 syns
Boiled rice. (free)

Not had enough superfree for today to be EE but I have weighed a raw breast and it was just over the 115g which I'm allowed as a hexb.. I doubt that the curry will even have a whole breast in it and the starter definitely won't so I'm thinking 2 hexbs worth of chicken will be enough!!

Then to the pub - bottle of wine (25.5)
Or some vodka slimlines.. Not sure..

Sounds yummy! That's a clever way of using your HExBs :)

I'm deffo sure the starter won't have syns :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Ali* said:
Sounds yummy! That's a clever way of using your HExBs :)

I'm deffo sure the starter won't have syns :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

I'm really struggling to syn it it's just grilled , spiced meat.. I suppose it might be brushed in oil.. Urgh..

Ali* said:
Exactly! Don't bother chick!

I suppose when it comes down to it - how bad can 4 chunks of grilled chicken be?! Lol.. Just me not being used to staying 'on plan' when out - normally I just think 'sod it!' but I'm feeling focussed ATM!

07/01/2012

L: sirloin steak (2 syns for oil) and baked potato and salad from harvester
Small red wine (6.5)

D: tomato and herb pasta n sauce

49.5/105

Last edited:
Ali* said:
You eating out again?? Lol x

How was your curry last night? Did you have vino collapso or voddie??

Both! I had a bottle and one gin and slimline.. Can't believe that I've eaten out twice and been to the pub and only had 50 syns! Feel like I've cheated the system! Lol..

Ali* said:
That's what it's all about baby! Making the most we can out of the meals we eat! Well done! I deffo need to take some lessons from you, lol!

Probably bite me on the ass and I won't lose weight.. :/ we'll have to wait and see.. X

8/01/2012

B: 2 egg hexa cheese omelette with 1 and a 1/2 grilled tomatoes..
(out AGAIN for lunch today so keeping it EE so I can go either way!)

L: back to green - I was very good and had jacket potato with beans (no butter) and a side salad

D: quorn chilli with basmati rice (very hot and lovely - and a night in front of the TV with Max because what is going to be a crazy week!)

Sn: hexb weetabix bar and a banana

No syns so still 49.5/105

Last edited:
I suppose when it comes down to it - how bad can 4 chunks of grilled chicken be?! Lol.. Just me not being used to staying 'on plan' when out - normally I just think 'sod it!' but I'm feeling focussed ATM!

Acc to the syn book a portion of Tandoori chicken is 9 on red or EE. Might be worth halving that for a starter portion in future. I think the tikka marinade has oil in it.

Yoyo dieter said:
Acc to the syn book a portion of Tandoori chicken is 9 on red or EE. Might be worth halving that for a starter portion in future. I think the tikka marinade has oil in it.

Yeah I saw that myself - but there's no way that 4 chunks of chicken would have 9 syns worth of oil in it.. I'm calling it free but I have syns to spare so there's wriggle room if I need it.. The portion for a main is much bigger, maybe 3 or 4 times bigger than a starter.. But thanks :) it's good to know people are looking out!

09/01/2012

B: 2 egg hexa cheese and onion omelette

L: lemon and coriander Cous Cous (2) with red onion, celery and hexa feta

Sn: banana and a tangerine

D: last night's chilli with rice and baked potato

Sn: banana and a tangerine

Having a starving day today!!

51.5/105

Last edited:
10/01/2012

Keeping it EE for now because I might have to eat out again tonight :/

L: minestrone soup (onions, celery, broccoli, carrot, courgette, passata, stock, cannelini beans, macaroni)

Sn: slice of ham (hexb)
Banana
2 tangerines (throughout the afternoon)
Another bowl of soup.. I can see this is another hungry day!! Grr..

D: pasta n sauce (1/2 syn) and veggies

Part hexa for milk in tea.

Feeling so bloated but also hungry today it's a horrible combo!

52/105

Last edited:
Back