Beti's Diary

Day 5

Right, day 5.

Day off work today, yay! Well until four anyway....
Got up late (10:30, lazy girl) so didn't have breakfast till late, bout 11 O' clock. Had a cup of Twinnings 'Morning Detox' tea and Maple and Pecan Granola with hot milk. It's not bad but I prefer the apple and cinnamon one so will be ordering more of this next time.

I'm planning on having Minestrone soup for lunch and sausage casserole with steamfresh veg or spinach for dinner, looking forward to my tomato 'crisps' later.

Going swimming before work (2nd time this week!) and would appreciate some comments from you on your experience with excercise and weight loss on DC. Will check in later to let you know if I've stuck to my planned menu for the day.

Beti x :angeldevil:

Sounds like ou're doing well beti and not adding wee extras like I do. I think you'll do well to exercise on this diet as it's not as severe as Cambridge. I noticed you said you couldn't do it. I did it for 6 weeks, then messed around all summer, then tried it again but realy couldn't do it, it was making me absolutely miserable. The girls on the forum that have stuck to it though have lost loads - I wish I could have but it was altering my mood too much. What about you?

I stuck to it for 2 1/2 months and lost 2 1/2 stone, but as soon as I stopped I put it all back on, mainly because I didnt do the maintainence programme. I have tried over the past 2 years to get back into it and each time I do i put more weight on so now am half a stone heavier than I was starting :cry:.

Anyway diet chef has amazed me, and I'm actually enjoying the food too. I have 3 - 3 1/2 stone to shift so am aiming to be most of the way there by christmas...... we'll see, but I am hopeful. Not too bothered if not because I think I could stick this for a good while, even do it forever!

Had Minestrone soup for lunch and loved it, was even nicer than Baxters and Heinz!
Struggling a little bit now as have to cook for 14 kids in work! And I just realised why I've been craving chocolate - TOTM :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Here's hoping it doesn't affect my weight loss!

Beti x

I stuck to it for 2 1/2 months and lost 2 1/2 stone, but as soon as I stopped I put it all back on, mainly because I didnt do the maintainence programme. I have tried over the past 2 years to get back into it and each time I do i put more weight on so now am half a stone heavier than I was starting :cry:.

Anyway diet chef has amazed me, and I'm actually enjoying the food too. I have 3 - 3 1/2 stone to shift so am aiming to be most of the way there by christmas...... we'll see, but I am hopeful. Not too bothered if not because I think I could stick this for a good while, even do it forever!

Had Minestrone soup for lunch and loved it, was even nicer than Baxters and Heinz!
Struggling a little bit now as have to cook for 14 kids in work! And I just realised why I've been craving chocolate - TOTM :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Here's hoping it doesn't affect my weight loss!

Beti x

Hello Beti, I couldn't get in CD after stopping after losing the weight and I think DC is more manageable. I missed chewy while on the CD.

Cooking for 14 kids what job do you do???

Well............. I'm 28, live in South Wales, teacher, community group leader and all round angel pahahaha:break_diet:
I am a serial dieter, and have been since I did weight watchers at the tender age of 16 - at 5'4'' and 9st 13lb with a 27'' waist because I thought I was fat!!!!!! I think I've been yo-yoing ever since. WW SW CD cabbage soup, british heart foundation, rosmary connley, log gi, atkins... you name it i could write a book on them all! :sigh:

Anyway, I'm doing DC with my Mam, andwe are both determined that this is the last time....no more diets, ever! And I think it's gonna work, just had a sneaky early weigh in and have lost 7lb!!! So so so so happy!!!!:D

Day 6

Well what a day! Not normally one for chocolate, at my TOTM I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!!! GIVE ME THE CHOCOLATE AND NOONE GETS HURT! :mad: hahaha!

Right, so now that I've got that off my chest.... seriously craving chocolate today, hungry hungry hungry all day, and oh good grief, the tears :wave_cry:I actually cried during assembly today, no reason for it, just say there with tears running down my face! What a freak lol!

Anyway, I came up with a solution to my craving, I put 2 (heaped!) tablespoons of sweetner in with my granola and put warm milk on top...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (mam suggested highlights or options chocolate too, to make chocolate milk, guess what I'll be buying tomorrow?!)

Had parsnip and honey soup for lunch and really enjoyed it but found I was more hungry later on that I was after the 'chunky' soups. Had to have dinner (Coq au Vin + spinach, not bad) early because I went to see the Nolans with mam!!!!!! Woo Hoo! They were awesome. Sorry to go off at a tangent here, but someone my mam knows thinks that Colleen is still 'fat' and doesn't know why so much fuss has been made of her loosing weight....ahem. All I have to say is I wish I was as fat as her! RANT OVER! haha.

Just had a pack of ginger biscuits and still hungry :sigh: but should be in bed now anyway....

Mam's looking fab! She hasn't weighed yet but looking like she's lost a good bit. Think she really enjoyed tonight too. We're both feeling positive about the diet and feel like it's taught us a LOT about portion control already.

Actual weigh day tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Beti x :cool:

Last edited:
Day 6

Well what a day! Not normally one for chocolate, at my TOTM I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!!! GIVE ME THE CHOCOLATE AND NOONE GETS HURT! :mad: hahaha!

Right, so now that I've got that off my chest.... seriously craving chocolate today, hungry hungry hungry all day, and oh good grief, the tears :wave_cry:I actually cried during assembly today, no reason for it, just say there with tears running down my face! What a freak lol!

Anyway, I came up with a solution to my craving, I put 2 (heaped!) tablespoons of sweetner in with my granola and put warm milk on top...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (mam suggested highlights or options chocolate too, to make chocolate milk, guess what I'll be buying tomorrow?!)

Had parsnip and honey soup for lunch and really enjoyed it but found I was more hungry later on that I was after the 'chunky' soups. Had to have dinner (Coq au Vin + spinach, not bad) early because I went to see the Nolans with mam!!!!!! Woo Hoo! They were awesome. Sorry to go off at a tangent here, but someone my mam knows thinks that Colleen is still 'fat' and doesn't know why so much fuss has been made of her loosing weight....ahem. All I have to say is I wish I was as fat as her! RANT OVER! haha.

Just had a pack of ginger biscuits and still hungry :sigh: but should be in bed now anyway....

Mam's looking fab! She hasn't weighed yet but looking like she's lost a good bit. Think she really enjoyed tonight too. We're both feeling positive about the diet and feel like it's taught us a LOT about portion control already.

Actual weigh day tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Beti x :cool:

Good luck with weigh in and I am sure you will be fine. Lets us know.

Had banana and vanilla porridge for breakfast and just had Tomato and Goats Cheese soup for lunch. I really liked the flavour of the soup, but it was quite 'thin', definatley won't be ordering this next time, I really prefer the thicker, chunkier soups.

I forgot to mention that a had a sneaky couple of vodkas at the show last night (!!!!) hope it doesn't affect the weigh in....

I need some advice too. I'm going to London for the day tomorrow, leaving at 8am so can have granola before I leave, or en route, intending to take soup in a flask, but don't really know what to do about evening meal as wont be back till 9 and thats a bit late to be eating, so what would you lot do?

Beti x :flirt2:

YAY! 7lb down and TOTM! Woo Hoo, in the 12st's next week, surely. 13st on the nose now, I am very excited :wee:
I'm all organised for tomorrow in London too, so should be able to stay on track.
Slightly off the point, is anyone watching X Factor? That little Lloyd Daniels is from the same village as my grampa, what a lovely kid. As for Jon and Edward, I think I'll lose stones watching them as they make me vomit, this is for them
---->:massmoon: hahahahahahaha!

:clap::happy096::0clapper::welcome2:
Fantastic :D congratulations on your great loss...

Wellcome :D

beti_bwbs just thought u might like to try
this i like to add 1tsp options to my porrige would work in the granola as well..

I had this for lunch Saturday was scrummy nice one to try,,

Chop and core 1 or 2 :D apples place in a dish with 1tsp marmalade and a tad of water. microwave 2 min..Top with granola and Low fat greek yogurt..

HEAVEN...:D

WOW! Thanks Itzi! That sounds delicious! Will definatly be trying that! :D

I'm not feeling too hot today, and that sounds like the sort of comfort food I could do with!

Just wondering, and don't feel you have to share, but what sort of losses have you experienced on DC? I had such a great loss this week I don't wanna get disheartened next week by loosing 1lb lol

dont be disheartened if u lose a 1lb hun
as long as it comes of better of than on, I
read somewhere that 1lb of fat = 3500 cals..
Today was week 5 and in total i've lost 19lb..:D going to treat myself something
nice when i get to the 2 stone mini goal..:D xoxo JUST AROUND THE CORNER...

Thats amazing Itzi, well done! :talk017:

I hope I can do as well as you!

I have had a good day food wise, I won't bore you with the details but I've had my 3 meals and 2 pieces of fruit. I think I'm gonna buy myself a melon and some grapes, my favourite combination of fruit mmmmmmmmmmm!

Had my first bowl of pasta bolognaise today, it was lush, have ordered more.

Very tired now after London yesterday, 8 hours in a car with 3 very camp men is painful lol gonna have a nice long :snoopyhouse: soon.

Back