Betty Boo Management Journey

Hi Betty Boo

I am not sure what support I have had from my councillor so far but I think it is a matter of she has taken on a load of new clients from my old LLC and she is still getting organised but I go into week 6 this week.

I do think she is much better than the last though and I am going to keep giving her a chance. I intend to keep going after I have finished week 12 anyway as I think I will need the support and also the scales to keep me on track.

Well I was doing alright and not having any fat thoughts but they have returned. I went out on sat night and I drank probably way more than I was meant to or intended and suprisingly was not a drunken wreck. I did however have the worst head yesterday. So wont be doing that again (I am on a night out on friday so I will have to be more strict on the amount of wine I drink). I could be retaining water after being dehydrated so I have upped my water today and I was pleased that yesterday I did not stray even though I had a hangover. So I was conscious of making sure I did not eat the wrong things which is a good thing surely. In the past I would have eaten bread loads of carbs etc... as comfort foods.

I am findning on week 5 that I really am not hungry and in need of the snacks after having the 2 protein meals.

I went and bought some quorn slices after reading your thread never thought of doing that but it was lovely with a salad. I also bought veggie bacon so that I can have it with scrambled egg. I also bought some quorn sausages and burgers for the freezer.

I have been having some delicious salads and I am really enjoying my food choices.

So weigh in tomorrow night and I am sure I will have gained but I really enjoyed my first night out in 7 months and as I have a toddler I dont get to go out like I used to so I am sure I wont get into old habits. I dont drink at home anymore used to always have a glass of wine on an evening so a night out once a month is a treat. (OK this month is a little different as I have 2 nights out planned but it is not the norm).

Sorry to hear about your grandad and you must be very strong as at times of loss it could have made you turn to food for comfort.

Anyway best get on as I am at work and have loads to do

Jo

Hiya,

Jo

I know exactly where you are coming from here! I am not getting much support at all from my councellor and have been thinking of quitting the programme and starting alone. I have had enough and am not getting anything out of it. How are you getting on with your new councellor?

I may well try the quinoa this weekend or the veg curry. Have you tried the quiche yet?

How are you feeling now?

xx

Hi Alan,

The cyclists consume on average 7000 calories a day but can have up to 9000 on the mountain stages. Maybe cycling the tour is the way to go, save lots of hassle lol.

I think this may be the way to go, I need to spend more time cycling and less running I think :)

I suppose you most be right about having a mixed management group if there are not enough men to make a seperate group. I do think it is a shame for you though.

I couldn't agree more about being off of the diet, I think it is probably very different if you have a good councellor and group support. It just seems that you stick to this for so long and it is so hard at times that to come out and go into management and lose your support from the group who you have shared everything with males it difficult. Still I suppose we all have our ups and downs.

Have you has that cous cous yet? What else have you been having and how are you finding this weel. I am just off to check out your blog.

Have fun xx

Hi Betty,
How you doing? If your reading my blog then you'll know I've had a tricky week but I've made it through.. just about. I think over the next couple of weeks 2 or 3 of the others in my group will be coming in to management as well they have all nearly reached their targets.
I've really enjoyed the cous cous, I only got the cold version from asda with lemon and vegetables but it's pretty tasty. I have got a dried version in my cupboard to add water to as well. I also bought some quorn mince which I'm going to try this weekend sometime. I'm meeting some old friends this afternoon for a drink and something to eat. I'm going to make good choices though I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight this week to make up for the last couple.
Have you been enjoying your choices this week? Did you find your group more helpful this week? I hope you have a great weekend I'm off cycling now.
Take care

x

Hi Alan,

Good to hear you have picked yourself up. You sounded quite down from the blog. At least you have been making the right choices with regards to food and exercise inbetween the bad bits. I think that the reason this is happening though is because your body is telling you it is not getting enough nutrition to cope with the amount of exercise you are doing which is a lot.

It seems like because you are then not sticking to the snacks/meals you have planned you are feeling guilty and perhaps at times the over consuming. Yes you gained weight but I doubt this was just due to eating biscuits as they would not turn to fat that quickly. It is more likely a combination of mucle, water and dare I be crude bowels etc. Perhaps you body is also adjusting to having more starchy food and retaining excess water.

I hope you have a great time out with your friends and feel happy with the situation afterwards.

Good news that you are being joined by some more management peps, this should give you a little more support.

I have not been attending my groups as I have had such a lot going on and have had migraines a few times so have just done a pop in to get packs. Plus I am so fed up with the whole thing and not feeling like I am getting anything out of it I don't want to waste my evening (I have a late group).

I have found that I have lost more weight and believe this is a combination of stress and worry with my nan and grandad and the fact that the anorexic/bulimic feelings have returned, changing to doing exercise first thing in the morning and not eating enough for the amount of exercise I am doing.

Having said that because my boyfriend has spent the day in bed asleep and blown me out on an afternoon at the Detling show I feel upset and really fancy binging on a bar of Green and Blacks chocolate that is in the cupboard or going out and having a huge indian to get back at him although I know that this not true as he would be pleased I am eating and I would not be getting back at anyone but myself, even then, I wouldn't be getting back at myself because I am lonely and sad I would be acting as a child.

Sorry can't explain how I am feeling and I am waffling so gonna leave it there.

Have fun in the sun while it is here.

xx :)

Hi Betty,
What ever you chose to do tonight, try not to dwell on it to much, the best thing about all the exercise we are doing is we have got a bit of flexability so no need beat yourself up to much. I'm really sorry that your group isn't giving you much support is it an option to move groups or even LLC? is there another one not to far from you.
I'm sure with the exercise you are doing and the good choices your making then your going to be a skilled weight manager in no time and the anorexic/bulimic feelings that are popping up from time to time will become redundant. I think if we exercise hard enough then we would struggle to eat that much food. Of course failing that we can always enter the tour de france next year and control our weight that way.
I had a great afternoon and most pleasing was I made sensible choices and have come home in good mood. I have had a salad tonight with salt beef and smoked turkey followed by double nana shake with fruit and sugar free jelly. I'm going to watch a film tonight and have a quiet chilled evening. I'm going to go cycling tomorrow and visit a farm shop tomorrow apart from that it's going to be a quiet and chilled day. I hope you get the boyfriend out of bed and moving and you make the show tomorrow instead.

take care and keep smiling

x

Hi Betty,
How you doing? You've been very quiet this week I hope everything is going ok. I've had a better week this week resulting in 4 llb weight loss last night which made me feel a whole lot better. I was adviced by my LLC to buy a set of scales for home. I got a bit paranoid about them on Monday when after the weekend my weight jumped up but since then it's dropped down and after much thought I got it all back in perspective. I'm hoping to continue down this week again as well.
How has your week been? Are you enjoying the extra choices this week? I still haven't got round to using the quorn mince I bought but I will this weekend. I'm still enjoying the cous cous I have an Ainsly Harriet dried pack the other day spicey flavour it was veyr tasty. Anyway I hope your doing great catch up with you soon.

x

I had a wierd dream last night that I had started Management (I still have 10 weeks to go!!) but that I had decided to become a vegetarian....and in my dream I was in the supermarket shopping for quorn....

I had a wierd dream last night that I had started Management (I still have 10 weeks to go!!) but that I had decided to become a vegetarian....and in my dream I was in the supermarket shopping for quorn....

That sounds like a nightmare not a dream.... :p only joking I am eating more fruit and vegertables than I ever did before LL. I have to admit I do still eat meat though.

I'm sure the next 10 weeks will fly pass and you'll be able to live your dream soon.

That sounds like a nightmare not a dream.... :p only joking I am eating more fruit and vegertables than I ever did before LL. I have to admit I do still eat meat though.

I'm sure the next 10 weeks will fly pass and you'll be able to live your dream soon.

Yes....but I don't want to eat vegetables! Give me dead animals. LOL

Hiya,

I have had a tough few months and things came to a head this week and thats why I haven't been on here this week.

A colleague left work last week and I am doing the job of two people, it was my Granddads funeral on Wednesday and I have decided that I am not carrying on with the programme anymore.

I phoned my counsellor on Thursday and explained that I wouldn't be coming back. The anorexia feelings have taken over and I think I need more help that she can provide. Plus I have had no support from her and have seen more of the locum yet have still been paying loads of money.

So I am now no longer on the programme. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all achieve your goals and are happy.

Good Luck and Thank you so much for all your help and support. I could never have done this without you all xx

:grouphugg::thankyou:

I'm sending you positive thoughts Betty and all the best wishes I can. I hope this week marks a positive turn for you and you find all the support and help you need. I have found our chat back and forth in this thread very helpful. You have helped me more than you could ever realise. I hope you still lurk around the forum and post from time to time.
Take good care of yourself and try and stay positive. Good luck for the future.

Al
x

I'm sending you positive thoughts Betty and all the best wishes I can. I hope this week marks a positive turn for you and you find all the support and help you need. I have found our chat back and forth in this thread very helpful. You have helped me more than you could ever realise. I hope you still lurk around the forum and post from time to time.
Take good care of yourself and try and stay positive. Good luck for the future.

Al
x

Thank you so much Al, your help and support has been invaluable to me to and I will pop in and see how you are all doing and let you know what I am up to.

I have lots of faith that you will carry on and learn a lot about yourself while you are doing this and I know that you will be doing just fine (ive been reading your blog which I must say is great reading and I am sure many of us relate too)

I was sitting in the actual ceremony at my Granddads funeral when it all clicked and I thought that this was the time for me to leave, a lot of people have been telling me for a while now that I am not myself (even work have been telling me to eat and ive only been there 4 1/2 months) and I need to start eating and get the obessions of this out of my head. Perhaps that was a message from Grandad (stupid I know) telling me I am ok and I need to look after myself.

I just hope that I can move forward without putting on weight and have a healthy relationship with food - perhaps this is the wrong way to look at it as my partner says food to him is food it does not excite him or hold any emotional issues, it keeps him alive! He eats what he wants when he wants and can stop eating and leave things on the plate or in the tin (something Ive never been able to do) I suppose really I don't want a relationship with food because it has always been unhealthy. My one wish is to be able to eat without any feelings towards it and not feel guilty and be looking at labels, thinking of cals and fat and thinking if I have this now I cant have that later. Hopefully in time this will come.

Anyway. Al, I wish you all the best, you look great in your pics and I am sure that you will just go from strength to strength. Thanks once again and take care xx :hug99:

Back